Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

AT joined the fbody world!

UPDATE!!! CAR IS REPAINTED. CHECK PAGE 3 FOR NEW PICS!!!

neighbors:
    (no muffler) lol

so my current ride is a 92 camaro rs. its got the 305 tbi, which is the most powerful thing IVE ever driven, so right now its good enough for me.

the hood gap in this picture is going to be an easy fix. it wont cost a thing really. the paint will be redone. im thinking black or navy blue with 2 silver stripes. opinions?

i dont have the ability to save money, so if i dont spend money on this car it will goto other things like food or the g.f., SO, dont tell me NOT to mod this thing. give me some good ideas for cheap/simple-ish mods right now.

Last edited by ATCharming; 06-16-2007 at 09:56 PM.

White
    1998 Trans Am

new paint and a sweet ass plastic cupholder is all that puppy needs!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

You really should try to save money. I had a 82 Trans Am with a 305 carburated when I was 17. You can mod the 305 but it is a shitty engine to say the least. It doesn't hold up well to abuse and it doesn't make the power of a 350. I have had about 10 experiences with the good old 305 and none of them have been good. I would go out on a limb and say it is the worst engine GM ever built. Try to save for either a newer f body or if you want, a engine upgrade if you plan to keep the car for years to come. Just remember your young, you have a lot of time to get what you want. If you do plan on modding it, start with the body and interiour. Then by the time that is done, you will be older, making more money, and can get exactly what you want. But congrats on getting a F body. Hope it runs good for you.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    You really should try to save money. I had a 82 Trans Am with a 305 carburated when I was 17. You can mod the 305 but it is a shitty engine to say the least. It doesn't hold up well to abuse and it doesn't make the power of a 350. I have had about 10 experiences with the good old 305 and none of them have been good. I would go out on a limb and say it is the worst engine GM ever built. Try to save for either a newer f body or if you want, a engine upgrade if you plan to keep the car for years to come. Just remember your young, you have a lot of time to get what you want. If you do plan on modding it, start with the body and interiour. Then by the time that is done, you will be older, making more money, and can get exactly what you want. But congrats on getting a F body. Hope it runs good for you.
    thanks for all the advice. ur right about one thing for sure. im gonna wait till i have a more stable income to get a nicer fbody. so right now im going to do things to make it look nicer, like paint etc.

BUT, once that gets done, im gonna wanna make this thing a LITTLE faster... so what do u guys think? gears? 373? headers? u tellme

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Well, you said it is a TBI, how many miles are on it.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I would say, to make a little more power, plus increase gas mileage and stay somewhat cheap here is what I would do. Well, here is what I would do period if I was going to keep the car.

Have the TBI rebuilt/cleaned and tuned.
    K&N filter, with a better intake system
    92 30th Anniversary Wing (infact, make the car look like a 30th Anniversary Z28/they are fairly rare and look great for their age)
    Some 17X9 firehawk rims/with 275/40/17 all around. (you will need spacers/all the power in the world won't do you any good if you can't get traction)
    And then a good cat back.

You should see some mileage increase, and some more power. Plus the exhaust should be interchangable with a 350 or so.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

I would say, to make a little more power, plus increase gas mileage and stay somewhat cheap here is what I would do. Well, here is what I would do period if I was going to keep the car.

Have the TBI rebuilt/cleaned and tuned.
    K&N filter, with a better intake system
    92 30th Anniversary Wing (infact, make the car look like a 30th Anniversary Z28/they are fairly rare and look great for their age)
    Some 17X9 firehawk rims/with 275/40/17 all around. (you will need spacers/all the power in the world won't do you any good if you can't get traction)
    And then a good cat back.

You should see some mileage increase, and some more power. Plus the exhaust should be interchangable with a 350 or so.
    thanks for the advice. got any good pics of the wing? or of the firehawk rims?

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Well, you said it is a TBI, how many miles are on it.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Not off hand I don't, if you do a search you should find out what they look like. As for the wing, google would be your best bet. It is a bigger wing, I believe one of the biggest that came on a F-Body. And unlike ricers, the wing with our cars is functional.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

For color don't go black, impossible to keep clean. IMPOSSIBLE to keep mint,

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Glad to see she went to a happy owner The lumina is amazing dude. We took it cruising last night because the TA didnt have gas. Fun stuff. Anyways, what id planned on doing was paint, gears with a posi, and a 100 shot. Dont spend money on bolt-ons, its not worth it. Have some fun with it in the summer, get winter tires and by next spring you should have enough saved up for a nice-ass LT1

Oh and you should so make it NBM with silver stripes dude, thats probably the hottest color of any car ever

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 01RaptorTA View Post
    Glad to see she went to a happy owner The lumina is amazing dude. We took it cruising last night because the TA didnt have gas. Fun stuff. Anyways, what id planned on doing was paint, gears with a posi, and a 100 shot. Dont spend money on bolt-ons, its not worth it. Have some fun with it in the summer, get winter tires and by next spring you should have enough saved up for a nice-ass LT1

Oh and you should so make it NBM with silver stripes dude, thats probably the hottest color of any car ever
    nbm with silver stripes lol. or how about a midnight blue?
    as for my money spending list:
    paint was definitely one of the first. whether i get it professionally done, or just re-spray paint it, all ONE COLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol, plus clear coat.
    then gears with posi is for sure next. (unless i do that before paint... hmm)
    and a 100 shot? i thought that would melt the internals?u know better than me, but i heard 75 would be safe and 100 would be a little risky...

if not, then im excited for nitrous

anyone wanna point me in a direction of a cheap nitrous starter kit? im assuming its gonna run me a couple hundred dollars right? can i spend just a couple hundred dollars and do it the safe way? (i dont want a WOT switch...)

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

correct me if im wrong, but isnt the engine a 305 TPI(tune port injection)??

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

congats!

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Quote Originally Posted by michaelinchains View Post
    correct me if im wrong, but isnt the engine a 305 TPI(tune port injection)??
    There was a TBI and TPI option. TPI pwns, TBI blows.

Lol AT dude it is all one color, just multiple shades! haha. Yea 100 shot is probably a bit excessive. 50 shot would be safe.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

There was a TBI and TPI option. TPI pwns, TBI blows.

Lol AT dude it is all one color, just multiple shades! haha. Yea 100 shot is probably a bit excessive. 50 shot would be safe.
    2 differnet blues!!!!!!!!!!!!
    jk

hey, i like the tbi! lol. i pulled up to a group of my friends today at a library and when i left i smoked them out in reverse. this thing does great burnouts... with one wheel hahahaha

(btw, if i ever rip on the car, its no offense cuz i love it and im jk anyways so dont take anything personally)

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Haha dude you can rip on it all you want. I told ya it was a fun little bastard, i wouldnt expect anything less than for you to dick around in it and just have fun. But yesss the burnouts are amazing if you like one wheeled wonders lol. Especially in the rain omg. lock that ass end up, if your lucky you may be able to take a posi directly out of like a Z28 of that year, it might just fit right in there.

2nd last of the lt1s EVAR 94z28l's Avatar

purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    nbm with silver stripes lol. or how about a midnight blue?
    as for my money spending list:
    paint was definitely one of the first. whether i get it professionally done, or just re-spray paint it, all ONE COLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol, plus clear coat.
    then gears with posi is for sure next. (unless i do that before paint... hmm)
    and a 100 shot? i thought that would melt the internals?u know better than me, but i heard 75 would be safe and 100 would be a little risky...

if not, then im excited for nitrous

anyone wanna point me in a direction of a cheap nitrous starter kit? im assuming its gonna run me a couple hundred dollars right? can i spend just a couple hundred dollars and do it the safe way? (i dont want a WOT switch...)
    dont waste your time or money, save up, do it once and do it right, with everything. if you're gonna re do the TBI today and decide to go single plane with a carb in two years its kinda like wastin money, start with a plan in mind and keep buildin towards it

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Haha dude you can rip on it all you want. I told ya it was a fun little bastard, i wouldnt expect anything less than for you to dick around in it and just have fun. But yesss the burnouts are amazing if you like one wheeled wonders lol. Especially in the rain omg. lock that ass end up, if your lucky you may be able to take a posi directly out of like a Z28 of that year, it might just fit right in there.
    yea i think i might as well go to a junkyard and chekc it out!

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Quote Originally Posted by 94z28l View Post
    dont waste your time or money, save up, do it once and do it right, with everything. if you're gonna re do the TBI today and decide to go single plane with a carb in two years its kinda like wastin money, start with a plan in mind and keep buildin towards it
    I think he's more geared towards having a quick beater for the summer/winter until he can sell it next spring for something faster...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information