Slomaro

White w/ black stripes
    1991 Camaro

It's not a LS1...yet

Ok, my car is a 1991 RS Camaro. I have some Spohn upgrades, Eibach Pro-Kits, all wheel Hawks HPS brakes, and I just got some rear Koni Yellows. The only upgrades to the drivetrain is a 4th Gen rear, 3.23 posi with PBR calipers. I've had the car repainted and added a Z28 "high rise" spoiler and an American Sports Car Design SS hood.
    My plans for the car is to buy a wrecked 01-02 F-body and do a LS1/T56 swap. That will be this summer. Next summer will be a set of 6.0L Patriot Stage III heads with the larger combustion chamber, a moderate cam, a STS turbo set-up, and a 3.73 12 bolt rear. And a T56 rebuild in there somewhere. And to finish the suspension..... talk about too much at once.

99FRC,00TA,98Formula
    91Firebird,88FieroGT

looks pretty good. That swap should be killer

NBM
    99 TA

one of the nicer third gens i have seen

Slomaro

White w/ black stripes
    1991 Camaro

Thanks, guys. I don't usually get compliments from 4th Genners. I considered getting a new car, but that would require payments and ALOT more insurance. The car is payed for, all I have to worry about is modding/maintainance and that makes me happy.
    I can't wait for the swap. I've seen several done, and LS engines look good in a 3rd Gen. I am thinking about custom fuel rail covers. White with black lettering to match the car. I plan to get a tubular k-member to make fitting the engine easier. I am also getting the trans cross-member (duh), a adjustable tubular torque arm, and probably some SFCs and a STB to help with stiffening for the extra torque of the LS1.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

That's one of the classiest 3rd gens I've ever seen. Not too much not too little, it's beautiful

Onyx Black
    2001 SS

That swap will be sweet! I had a 91 RS as well as my first car and looks exactly like yours does minus the black stripes and the hood, mine came with the same wheels and spoiler! Props on the car I love the way 3rd gens look!

Sebring Silver Metallic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Nice Rally Sport. I love those third gens, especially with the high rise Z28 rear spoiler and wheels. Do you have anymore bigger pics? Keep us informed about the LS1 swap.
    2002 SSM Z/28 - 351 RWHP & 369 RWTQ

Wheels 4 sale -> http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/261643333.html

Slomaro

White w/ black stripes
    1991 Camaro

Thanks guys. I've got alot of work in it. When I got it, there wasn't much too it. I'll try to find some more larger pics. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2107531 is my car domain. Ignore the LT1 swap idea. I've just not changed it yet. I need to update.
    The LS1 swap is gonna be a PITA, but it will be worth it. More power and better gas mileage than stock= the only way to go. Downside to the LS1 swap is the fact that I will have to get about $1200 worth of stuff just to get the engine and trans in as I mentioned above. I could modify the stock k-member or run without A/C, but when you can save weight, I say do it.
    Click for full size

Sunset Orange
    2001 Z28

I love Third Gens. That one is exceptionally nice looking.

Though I think if I was in your shoes I'd go another route instead of dropping in an LS1 maybe just build up an L98 or other 350 small block. I just love poring through the summit catalog looking at all the cool go fast patrs only to find the little 6 page insert for LS1's kind of disheartening. I just think it's be fun to build up one of the older motors just to have fun with.

Not that there's anything wrong with your ideas. That'll be uber cool.
    Keep us updated. One day I'll pick me up an Oldie and build it up. I saw a Monte SS the other day for 1600 (no engine) and what looked like an 80 Camaro. Hmmmm.....the posibilities......

Slomaro

White w/ black stripes
    1991 Camaro

I actually considered doing a L98 or similar build for it when I first got it. I came close to buying 91 Z28 for that. But, I want more power than I can easily get from a older style engine. With a L98 I would start out with about 250 or so horsepower. And a 14 second car. I know that with the LS1 I can be in the 13s easy. But, I still love the look of a clean TPI engine. I think it is the best looking GM produced....well, other than the LT5s. Looks like TPI on steriods.

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by 91_RS_LS1
    I actually considered doing a L98 or similar build for it when I first got it. I came close to buying 91 Z28 for that. But, I want more power than I can easily get from a older style engine. With a L98 I would start out with about 250 or so horsepower. And a 14 second car. I know that with the LS1 I can be in the 13s easy.
    Nice car.

The One and Only ProjectCamaro.com's Avatar

Red
    1999 Z28

Car looks amazing, and with the LS1/T56 combo in there you'll be set.
    Pictures Of My Camaro's
    Because You Can Never Modify To Many Camaro's

I dig everything except the window decal sticker thingy.

Slomaro

White w/ black stripes
    1991 Camaro

I have been considering removing the Heartbeat and Bowtie. I used to like it, and had it replaced this summer. The old on that was on there when I got the car was worn out. But now, it seems to take away from the car. I don't know.
    I managed to get some rear Koni yellows. They are awesome. Bad thing is, my nose emblem abandoned me on the interstate Friday. That sucks

black
    2002 corvette coupe

I used to have an 86 and an 87 iroc-z. One looked good and one ran good, both black and I loved the one that ran good, it had so much torque, and i would take that bitch out when it was wet and drift out onto roads slideways.

Nice car(s)

Slomaro

White w/ black stripes
    1991 Camaro

My brother had a 84 Z28 and a 86 IROC. That is what got me hooked. Mine's not got alot of power, but it has enough to have some serious fun in a wet parking lot. The red one's not mine. It is a friends. It is a 84 Z clone. 87 Sports Coupe body with the Z28 trim, engine, transmission and rearend swapped into it.

White
    99 Z28

Nice, rides I have had an 83 Z28, 84 Z28, and and 89 Iroc, I still have a thing for third gens, and may possible get one in the furture. Yours should be real sweet with an Ls1, nice ride.

Thread Information