Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Heres a rare one

This is a discussion on Heres a rare one within the Member's Rides forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by Burks Most people think purple is a womans color but hot damn.......only a real man can drive ...

Bright Purple Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Burks
    Most people think purple is a womans color but hot damn.......only a real man can drive a real car painted purple!

I absolutely love that color. Purple is at the bottom of my list for favorite colors but geez, that one is just
    Yeah, when I mention to ppl that I have a purple TA they kind of give you that look like you are on the fence of my manhood. That is until they see the car then it is exactly like your reaction. They are suprised how good the color looks and often ask if it is a custom color. Then the real shocker that it is a stock color.

I still take a lot of heat from co-workers but, they still tell me in private that the car is awsome.

One thing that adds to the car is the chrome rims. Plus the graphite leather interior really set off the car.

I am trying to find time this fall for a few more photos. Hopefully in a few weeks I will find a nice fall background to shoot the car with.

black6spd1980
    I have seen one like that on the road since they came out! Good find!

Bright Purple Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by black6spd1980
    I have seen one like that on the road since they came out! Good find!
    I have never seen another canvertable TA but, I have seen a Firebird and possablly a TA Coupe. Plus a few Camaro's in the same color.

I hate it when jerks park across 2 spots like the guy in the SUV next to you.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Ha SUV. lol i guess u could call it a gas guzzler
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

Bright Purple Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Pushead
    I hate it when jerks park across 2 spots like the guy in the SUV next to you.
    It's more of an all-terain vehicle than an SUV.

Just as GM purchased Hummer, you are looking at its newest acquisition. Abrams will have two models the M1 and M2. They are to be release in the '09 model year. Of course they will be stripped of its armor and guns for civ usage. That is unless you purchase the Detroit Edition that is basically a full combat ready Abrams.

S.W.A.P.

Milano Red
    '96 Civic CX '98 Civic LX

Very nice, I had 1 of 84 Bright Purple Metallic coupes. I miss that thing. 12.6's with header back exhaust, damn, haha.

GM LeMans/Luxo Blue
    2001 Firebird Formula

I've got a BPM Trans Am Convertible too!!

I didn't realize the car was so rare...When I went to pick it up it was kind of dark so I didn't realize how purple it was until the next day. The owner said it was a WS6 but I am skeptical The option tag is missing and I am awaiting the VIN order from Pontiac Power. Does anyone know of another way to verify if it has this option?? I'll post some pics. The ones I have don't give a good representation and look almost blue in the lighting when I took them.

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by bostonbruins34 View Post
    I didn't realize the car was so rare...When I went to pick it up it was kind of dark so I didn't realize how purple it was until the next day. The owner said it was a WS6 but I am skeptical The option tag is missing and I am awaiting the VIN order from Pontiac Power. Does anyone know of another way to verify if it has this option?? I'll post some pics. The ones I have don't give a good representation and look almost blue in the lighting when I took them.
    looks like a firehawk hood or a replica of one... also looks like you have 16'' wheels. Definitely not a WS6 car. still pretty nice lookin tho... post pics when you get a chance

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Makes me wanna go hang out with Grimace

GM LeMans/Luxo Blue
    2001 Firebird Formula

Not BPM...

Well I got the VIN decoded from Pontiac Power and it shows 2 things...1. It is not a Bright Metallic Purple but the Navy Blue Metallic. It was repainted and a purple tint was used to give the blue/purple color. It isn't one of those flip/flop paint jobs though and looks really sharp. 2. (and more disappointing but expected) is it isn't a WS6 car...Anyhow...It is still a great Trans Am!!! The hood is the SLP firehawk repro. It gets a few comments 'cause it isn't like the other Ram Air hoods around town. Gotta change my profile to show the correct color!!!
    Last edited by bostonbruins34; 08-28-2006 at 06:14 PM. Reason: added comment about profile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information