Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Got a DD!

This is a discussion on Got a DD! within the Member's Rides forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by jrbonds Originally Posted by silverWS6 OK plates are ugly I refuse to have OK plates just like ...

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by jrbonds View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by silverWS6 View Post
    OK plates are ugly I refuse to have OK plates just like I refuse to change my number to a 405 number
    Oh and I don't wanna pay $800ish dollars upfront to register it either
    I understand completly, OK plates are hideous, thats why you try and get a personalized plate or some affiliation plate.

But the taxes/registration here are outrageous....but those prices also help prevent inspections and emissions requirements.
    Yeah I can see the whole state inspection thing, luckily though I don't have to keep up with TX state inspections since I'm military and OK doesn't require it
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 M6
    Last bolt-on LS1 in the world

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Pretty nice actually. Seats are comfortable. Interior is laid out well. Great gas mileage. It's the standard model though. Didn't notice any badging.
    It's on jackstands.

bright red
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

The cruze does indeed have awesome fluid power steering, my girflriend has one and I drive it.
    It amazingly has pretty good pickup for a 4 Banger but I'm sure it has to do with the gearing and taking advantage of the gears on the tranny
    Gas mileage is unbelievale but its probably because I'm just used to city driving with my cammed out TA lol =P

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Valor X View Post
    The cruze does indeed have awesome fluid power steering, my girflriend has one and I drive it.
    It amazingly has pretty good pickup for a 4 Banger but I'm sure it has to do with the gearing and taking advantage of the gears on the tranny
    Gas mileage is unbelievale but its probably because I'm just used to city driving with my cammed out TA lol =P
    Yeah the steering is really soft/easy, I was impressed with it but then again it's been a while since I drive a newer car gas mileage is awesome! Then again I'm also used to my 02 avalanche and the Trans am

Stryker Blue
    2009 G8 GT

Those are good looking cars, especially the LTZ/RS models. If you've ever seen any of the WTCC races, the Cruze dominates that series and does it while looking bad azz. I'm waiting to see if GM brings the hatchback version over here. If so, I may consider one as my new DD.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Strykerg8GT View Post
    Those are good looking cars, especially the LTZ/RS models. If you've ever seen any of the WTCC races, the Cruze dominates that series and does it while looking bad azz. I'm waiting to see if GM brings the hatchback version over here. If so, I may consider one as my new DD.
    Thanks
    Yeah I joined a Cruze forum and I've seen pics of that Cruze, looks pretty good. If GM brings a hatch with a 2.0T, I'll definetly trade this in on that!

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Finally got the overlays and got rid of the dealer tramp stamp

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

i did a quick fix to the front bumper that turned out amazing on my last car (got pics somewhere if you want).

I cut out the excess material where the drilling pushed the bumper with an exacto knife. Rolled up some Magnum steel, filled the holes and rolled over them with a battery (like a steam roller). Once Dry I used my touch up pen to over fill the bumper so that the paint was higher than the rest.

Once cured I sanded and buffed that section. Was 99% hidden and worst case scenario I could screw back into those spots If I got in enough trouble.

Stryker Blue
    2009 G8 GT

The overlays look great. Are you going to debadge it now?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Finally figured out what you meant by "overlays" -- had to go back and look at the pics in the first post. They do look good!

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Strykerg8GT View Post
    The overlays look great. Are you going to debadge it now?
    Wife don't want too, I kinda wanna leave them on too but I might plastidip them along with all the chrome. Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Finally figured out what you meant by "overlays" -- had to go back and look at the pics in the first post. They do look good!
    thanks Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    i did a quick fix to the front bumper that turned out amazing on my last car (got pics somewhere if you want).

I cut out the excess material where the drilling pushed the bumper with an exacto knife. Rolled up some Magnum steel, filled the holes and rolled over them with a battery (like a steam roller). Once Dry I used my touch up pen to over fill the bumper so that the paint was higher than the rest.

Once cured I sanded and buffed that section. Was 99% hidden and worst case scenario I could screw back into those spots If I got in enough trouble.
    Some pics might help, I have no idea what you mean. For the plate?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

For others that might not know, by overlays he means the Chevy symbol inlays.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

excuse the pics. only ones I had on phone.

didn't have any before. took an exacto knife and cut the excess material out from around the holes. rolled up some magnum steel like a playdoh worm and pushed into the holes. then used a aa battery to smooth.
    once cured, over fill with paint from touch up pen.

started sanding (five spots)

after

was only like fifteen min of actual work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information