Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Goodbye 01, hello 04!

This is a discussion on Goodbye 01, hello 04! within the Member's Rides forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by Never-Enough Nice buy, but you did overpay. Love Cobras (On my 2nd, but I'm going C6 next.) ...

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Never-Enough View Post
    Nice buy, but you did overpay. Love Cobras (On my 2nd, but I'm going C6 next.) $25k gets a C6.
    thats what i was thinking but like stated about extremely low miles, bone stock, and a rare color mint condition. so it evens out

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Never-Enough View Post
    Nice buy, but you did overpay. Love Cobras (On my 2nd, but I'm going C6 next.) $25k gets a C6.
    Yeah and I got a crappy interest rate too! It was a total impulse buy. But that's only a problem if you'd rather have a C6, which I would not... I would take a C5 though, or better yet a Stingray!

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Ha! Someone at Carmax must be high. They put my 01 back up for $15k. God bless em if they can get it.

http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/...2-c0b4b8009de7

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Carmax and their "No haggle" bullshit pisses me off. Their cars are usually 2-3K over what they should be. I tried buying a GTO from them when we were looking for my wife's car and they wouldnt budge at all. I tried to get them down only a grand and they wouldn't move on the price.

Schmalgar I think you got a decent deal though. Rare color and clean car.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Carmax and their "No haggle" bullshit pisses me off. Their cars are usually 2-3K over what they should be. I tried buying a GTO from them when we were looking for my wife's car and they wouldnt budge at all. I tried to get them down only a grand and they wouldn't move on the price.

Schmalgar I think you got a decent deal though. Rare color and clean car.
    Thanks, bud!

This is my 5th car from Carmax! On all my purchases, their prices on both the sale vehicle and the trade-in vehicle have been very close (sometimes more, sometimes less) to what I expected for dealer pricing, and I found them acceptable. Of course, dealer pricing will be higher than a private sale...

Yeah, I'm sure they won't come down ANY ammount, as that would completely negate their 'no haggle' ad campaign if word got out, which it would of course in this internet age. Usually from what I have seen their prices fall somewhere in the middle of average dealer pricing. Tougher to gauge on used cars, but I've seen both higher and lower prices on similar vehicles at other large dealers. This is the first time I've seen a vehicle priced that high above what I would find acceptable for a dealer price. It just seems crazy high.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Thanks, bud!

This is my 5th car from Carmax! On all my purchases, their prices on both the sale vehicle and the trade-in vehicle have been very close (sometimes more, sometimes less) to what I expected for dealer pricing, and I found them acceptable. Of course, dealer pricing will be higher than a private sale...

Yeah, I'm sure they won't come down ANY ammount, as that would completely negate their 'no haggle' ad campaign if word got out, which it would of course in this internet age. Usually from what I have seen their prices fall somewhere in the middle of average dealer pricing. Tougher to gauge on used cars, but I've seen both higher and lower prices on similar vehicles at other large dealers. This is the first time I've seen a vehicle priced that high above what I would find acceptable for a dealer price. It just seems crazy high.
    We were looking at an 06 Auto GTO that they had priced at 19999. It had 56K on it, which wasnt bad but the average price that I see around here for that car even from a dealer is starting at betwen 16-19 depending on th dealer.

I was a car salesman for dodge for about a year. You don't just let someone who is willing to make a deal with you walk out like that, which is why I'll never go back to them. Just my opinion.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information