COTM rule addition

This is a discussion on COTM rule addition within the Member's Rides forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; 7. No background or physical car changes allowed using a picture editor. Enhancements such as sharpening the picture or lighting ...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

COTM rule addition

7. No background or physical car changes allowed using a picture editor. Enhancements such as sharpening the picture or lighting changes are allowed but the original background has to be kept and the cars physical appearance has to be left alone. The mods will judge any grey areas.

Photoshop is a tough one to police because it could come down to judgement calls and some grey area. The grey areas and judgement calls will go to the mods to determine if a picture stays or goes. I also don't want to create a situation where everyone is crying "photoshop" on every picture so *some* photoshop is allowed. Borders around the picture, sharpening pictures, and slight lighting changes are allowed. This doesn't mean stick 2 extra suns in your pictures. This means you can lighten or darken a picture if it helps the picture out. I'm trying to keep it fair and a level playing field.

Post up if you have any issues or suggestions because I'd love to hear them.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I don't know...in my opinion, the lighting and darkening of a picture should be done when the picture is taken, isn't that the whole point?

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    I don't know...in my opinion, the lighting and darkening of a picture should be done when the picture is taken, isn't that the whole point?
    Then it's just a matter of who has a nicer camera though. I've got a pretty nice camera.. I remember when I had a point and shoot I really had to correct things in the colour and lighting department. I'd never add or remove things (other than license plate numbers, lol) in a photo though. I think to give people with cheaper cameras a fair chance let them do all the lighting and colour correction needed.

I agree with the new rules.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you also have to be careful how much you try to limit photoshop because it's tough to police and becomes more about judgement or opinion unless someone is up front with you. I don't mind having people adjust the lighting of a picture or sharpening a picture. It helps the guys with the lesser dollar cameras and skill keep up.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

you can tell when a pic is photoshopped poorly or correctly. The difference is in the beholder [read: judges]. If you move a car from your driveway into the staging lane of a track-that's an obvious photoshop. If you adjust contrast/detail clone out a few leaves and scratches then you're doing it right.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

most people are voting on the best pic instead of best car...............so why not allow photoshop ????

Thread Information