Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

COTM discussion

This is a discussion on COTM discussion within the Member's Rides forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; I think if Y2K posted a pic of the underside of the car he would win. They didn't even come ...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I think if Y2K posted a pic of the underside of the car he would win. They didn't even come that clean off the factory floor
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Three people that have their car in the poll have voted for the same car....meaning they didn't vote for their own.
    No, that is not what I meant. Voting for yourself, and having your wifes account also voting for yourself, and then your best friend and his wifes account also voting for yourself. 4 total votes that should be 1 realistically.

black
    2001 Trans Am

I like the idea of those who are in the COTM & COTY contest not being allowed to vote for themselves. Of course the past few months when i've had mine entered in, there was a couple times I did vote for my own. But the people who know my story and know how hard me and my husband have worked to get the original Dragonbird (the '99 T/A) to where she was before the wreck, and then the struggle we went thru to get her predecessor (the '01 T/A) to where she is now, would fully understand why I would vote for my own car.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I agree with that and he easily got my vote for COTY.

Quote Originally Posted by Sommer86@6LE View Post
    Ramair1 has got to win. Hands down! He's got tons of detail, time and $$ into that car. And it isn't just a garage queen. That babies all show AND go!

You got my vote, brotha!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    No, that is not what I meant. Voting for yourself, and having your wifes account also voting for yourself, and then your best friend and his wifes account also voting for yourself. 4 total votes that should be 1 realistically.
    Well then...
    Guess it could be taken either way.

Blue
    2002 WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Dude....really why are you trying to bust my "F"ing balls....you need to get a grip and stop the bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the facts if your not afraid to see them!!!!

(1) you have to have a certain amount of post BEFORE you can vote on anything. that would mean that everyone that has voted has been a contributor to this forum. My wife and my friends wife would of have to been posting on this site BEFORE this all started.....RIGHT!!!

(2) Your right about some votes coming from other COTM winners, why maybe because they felt like if they voted for ther own car it would be a wasted vote, so they voted for the BEST "F" body......

(3) Fact...we have driven to every show and race. We drove 4 hours to Ames Pontiac Nats, we drove (3) hours to Somerset Ky for a cruise. and our car has the underside painted and is super clean for a driven car

(4)Fact: the bulk of our Show and Race Parts where Manufacture by myself and my WIFE.....who else can say that!!!!!!!!

(5) Fact: we have the factory paint on our car that has been wet sanded and buffed by me and looks like a custom paint job...does yours??

(6) Fact: My WIFE and i did our interior work (door panels) our selfs...95% of the work done on our car has been done by us....

Last...the bottom line is we come on this site to help improve the site with what we can add to the fourm from what we are able to do and share with the other good people on this site. There tends to be a lot of haters out there but thats on them....if you don't like our car then vote for someone else....but don't bust my balls and start shit......that FACT is we have one of the nices "F" bodys out there only because we have busted our asses to get what we have...we didn't PAY for all the work, we did it, and VOTED for IT

Now get off my "F"ing nuts

Bill & Brenda

Thanks to ALL of our FRIENDS that have voted for us

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

You're coming across as a complete and total jerk and that's a real shame because you have a beautiful car that I respect what you and your wife have done to get it where it is. This meltdown you're having isn't in any way necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by BDowning View Post
    Dude....really why are you trying to bust my "F"ing balls....you need to get a grip and stop the bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) you have to have a certain amount of post BEFORE you can vote on anything. that would mean that everyone that has voted has been a contributor to this forum. My wife and my friends wife would of have to been posting on this site BEFORE this all started.....RIGHT!!!

(2) Your right about some votes coming from other COTM winners, why maybe because they felt like if they voted for ther own car it would be a wasted vote, so they voted for the BEST "F" body......

(3) Fact...we have driven to every show and race. We drove 4 hours to Ames Pontiac Nats, we drove (3) hours to Somerset Ky for a cruise. and our car has the underside painted and is super clean for a driven car

(4)Fact: the bulk of our Show and Race Parts where Manufacture by myself and my WIFE.....who else can say that!!!!!!!!

(5) Fact: we have the factory paint on our car that has been wet sanded and buffed by me and looks like a custom paint job...does yours??

(6) Fact: My WIFE and i did our interior work (door panels) our selfs...95% of the work done on our car has been done by us....

Last...the bottom line is we come on this site to help improve the site with what we can add to the fourm from what we are able to do and share with the other good people on this site. There tends to be a lot of haters out there but thats on them....if you don't like our car then vote for someone else....but don't bust my balls and start shit......that FACT is we have one of the nices "F" bodys out there only because we have busted our asses to get what we have...we didn't PAY for all the work, we did it, and VOTED for IT

Bill & Brenda

Blue
    2002 WS-6

I'm just tired of having my balls busted for no reason.... we try to come on here and be postive with our post and have a good time....there is no reason for anyone here to bust my balls because we have worked hard for what we have done SORRY

Bill

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I am pretty sure everyone that is in this 'competition' has busted their ass on their cars.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I didn't read anything on here that made me think Y2K or anyone else is busting your balls. It's forum rules and we're all subject to them, plain and simple. And to add, you're currently winning in the COTY poll, so quit yer bitchin and enjoy it.

I'm just tired of having my balls busted for no reason.... we try to come on here and be postive with our post and have a good time....there is no reason for anyone here to bust my balls because we have worked hard for what we have done SORRY

Bill

98 Formula
    06 duramax

well, I can see this thread is working out nicely.

Everyone should keep in mind a few things. The only thing I want is a fair and honest contest for everyone. That's the bottom line to me. I understand that people have wives and room mates and all that. I get it. What I have to do is try to make it so that EVERYONE doesn't all of the sudden have a wife or room mate. There's only 2 ways to really do that and be 100% sure. Either 1 vote only from the IP or no votes at all from that IP. If someone loses I don't want them to think they were cheated in any way. This contest is supposed to be fun and cool for everyone to be a part of and the winners should feel proud of their cars and the guys that didn't win should feel like they lost fair and square.

I will say that this contest is quickly becoming not very fun for me. I put the time in going through pictures, posts, and IP's every month and it sucks when after putting the time in I feel like it's more pain in the ass than fun. It has nothing to do with the time....it has everything to do with this thread.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Bill & Brenda

Funny how you automatically assume its you I am talking about. Is there something public you would like to state for everyone to know about?

I am also tired of getting PMs about the activity I have posted about. The things I have spoke about, a lot of members do not appreciate that they are going on, and its ruining the integrity of this contest.

And for the record, I have never said anything derogatory about your car, it is nice. I am not sure why you feel the need to defend your car. What I have been discussing is the members integrity and the integrity of the contest, nothing in regards to the cars themselves.
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 12-17-2010 at 11:59 AM.

murdered out 06 z06

all this bullshit keeps the whole thing intersting!!!!

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I couldn't agree with you more. Just enjoy it and don't get so worked up over the small stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    well, I can see this thread is working out nicely.

Everyone should keep in mind a few things. The only thing I want is a fair and honest contest for everyone. That's the bottom line to me. I understand that people have wives and room mates and all that. I get it. What I have to do is try to make it so that EVERYONE doesn't all of the sudden have a wife or room mate. There's only 2 ways to really do that and be 100% sure. Either 1 vote only from the IP or no votes at all from that IP. If someone loses I don't want them to think they were cheated in any way. This contest is supposed to be fun and cool for everyone to be a part of and the winners should feel proud of their cars and the guys that didn't win should feel like they lost fair and square.

I will say that this contest is quickly becoming not very fun for me. I put the time in going through pictures, posts, and IP's every month and it sucks when after putting the time in I feel like it's more pain in the ass than fun. It has nothing to do with the time....it has everything to do with this thread.

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

You guys/girls are all aware that this is just an Internet car show, right? In the end no one really gives a shit about our cars but us. You don't get a free dinner or a Parade or anything else. Just relax. And just because YOU think YOUR story is great doesn't mean you need my vote. Everyones got a story, and no one cares about yours like you do. I try to pick pictures that look "cool". The fact that they're driven or raced as well is icing on the cake. I don't care if your cat built the car, I just want to like the final product. Just my $.02. (sorry if this offends)

Also, if we want to see the quality of cars go up and number of "wasted votes" go down, then not everyone can have a car entered. For example, if you're mostly stock or have bolt ons and some custom wheel, guess what? We've all seen it. But if you take a cool pic then I'm interested... Even if it's the same car I just stated. If you feel you can't take a creative picture then don't enter, cause guess what? You won't win anyway. You don't need to be a Photoshop wiz, just think creatively.

I mean, rather than having 15-20 cars sharing 100 votes and the voting being all over the place, wouldn't you prefer to have 5-8 cars get the same 100 votes? Then there are a lot less "wasted votes" and it's more of a competition..... Even if your "wife" and "roommate" vote, lol.*

There are only a couple of variables that really need to be worked out and then we'll be good to go.*
    Last edited by Sommer86@6LE; 12-19-2010 at 09:50 AM.

Join the PHK
    2009 LS1.com Calendar Car

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by issues View Post
    all this bullshit keeps the whole thing intersting!!!!
    X2.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Exactly, it's an internet forum poll and not worth getting all worked up over.

You guys/girls are all aware that this is just an Internet car show, right? In the end no one really gives a shit about our cars but us. You don't get a free dinner or a Parade or anything else. Just relax. And just because YOU think YOUR story is great doesn't mean you need my vote. Everyones got a story, and no one cares about yours like you do. I try to pick pictures that look "cool". The fact that they're driven or raced as well is icing on the cake. I don't care if your cat built the car, I just want to like the final product. Just my $.02. (sorry if this offends)

Also, if we want to see the quality of cars go up and number of "wasted votes" go down, then not everyone can have a car entered. For example, if you're mostly stock or have bolt ons and some custom wheel, guess what? We've all seen it. But if you take a cool pic then I'm interested... Even if it's the same car I just stated. If you feel you can't take a creative picture then don't enter, cause guess what? You won't win anyway. You don't need to be a Photoshop wiz, just think creatively.

I mean, rather than having 15-20 cars sharing 100 votes and the voting being all over the place, wouldn't you prefer to have 5-8 cars get the same 100 votes? Then there are a lot less "wasted votes" and it's more of a competition..... Even if your "wife" and "roommate" vote, lol.*

There are only a couple of variables that really need to be worked out and then we'll be good to go.*

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Didn't matter anyways....

Black/PurpleChromeFlames
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Thanks my friend I really appreciated the support and acknowledgement of my efforts!!!

Ramair1 has got to win. Hands down! He's got tons of detail, time and $$ into that car. And it isn't just a garage queen. That babies all show AND go!

You got my vote, brotha!

Black/PurpleChromeFlames
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

CONGRATULATIONS To "ISSUES" for an awesome Vette and the COTY WIN!!! Keep Her Flying!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information