View Poll Results: Car of the year sticky

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, good idea

    33 89.19%
  • no, too many stickies

    4 10.81%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

car of the year idea....

This is a discussion on car of the year idea.... within the Member's Rides forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; COTY is a great idea. I can get with TSS and design a plaque to ship to the weener....

  1. #21
    lmpounded SandmanWs7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    8,028

    Silver
    2007 CTS-V

    COTY is a great idea. I can get with TSS and design a plaque to ship to the weener.

  2. #22
    tater_salad
    Guest
    Also, COTY should be only up for COTM winners.

    I can see both sides to the appearance/modified thing. "Car Of The Year" embodies "What is LS1.com for this year?", to me. I believe both should be considered, and both should be a basis for your vote. It's like when you vote for a public office candidate, it's their image and which one seems to fuck up less.

  3. #23
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by sandman22 View Post
    COTY is a great idea. I can get with TSS and design a plaque to ship to the weener.
    that's a good idea...ed can pay for it too! LOL

  4. #24
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,519

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    I guess somewhere in here cotm and coty got kinda crossed up. I was thinking coty should be judged a little differently than cotm. Coty should be the whole package. Car, pics, mods, and write up.

  5. #25
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    so as long as mr. lous/ ed or sarge don't qualify, then we all have a chance

  6. #26
    back 'n better than ever Kjz99z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,759

    White/Black
    1999 Z28

    I also think we should just show pics with numbers by them instead of identifying which car belongs to who. I mean I know some cars will automatically be recognized by members.. but it might help eliminate a little of the name-voting.

    I think COTY is a great idea, and I agree with what was said about judging differently, like including a list of mods for COTY. I think appearance-only is fine for COTM.

  7. #27
    lmpounded SandmanWs7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    8,028

    Silver
    2007 CTS-V

    To me when you vote for COTY it should be from the winners of COTM (12 in a full year). To see who had the best CAR OF THE YEAR. But thats just me.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Allen, TX
    Posts
    411

    Red
    2001 Trans Am

    yep good idea

  9. #29
    Lt1/m6 driver :P Toyota h8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    toledo, ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,043

    327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post
    Hmmmm...

    Well, I would think "Car of the Year" would imply getting to know what is done to the car too... Its not called "Car Pic of the Year" you know? Just my opinion... I think each entry should get one(or 2) pics, and a predetermined amount of space to write a discription/mod list. And then we get to pick what one we like the best, period.

    If we are going to nominate LS1.com's COTY you gotta go more than skin deep... COTY based on just looks?

    Thats so...... ricer.........

    Don't hate me for saying it, but that what I think.
    x2 here........

    COTY is a ricer award if you ask me.......looks only.....wow

    i thought i was on ls1.com and not hothondas.com
    High revving TPI........wait oxymoron?

  10. #30
    back 'n better than ever Kjz99z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,759

    White/Black
    1999 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Toyota h8r View Post
    x2 here........

    COTY is a ricer award if you ask me.......looks only.....wow

    i thought i was on ls1.com and not hothondas.com
    ....Ahem....
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I guess somewhere in here cotm and coty got kinda crossed up. I was thinking coty should be judged a little differently than cotm. Coty should be the whole package. Car, pics, mods, and write up.

  11. #31
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,519

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    Quote Originally Posted by Kjz99z28 View Post
    ....Ahem....
    that's ok, I'm used to people opening their yapper before even taking the time to read the posts.

  12. #32
    Lt1/m6 driver :P Toyota h8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    toledo, ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,043

    327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    that's ok, I'm used to people opening their yapper before even taking the time to read the posts.
    even if it would include the whole package, still isnt right then.....if it wasnt a factor during the COTM....why include the whole package for COTY?

    I mean consistency would be nice........if your looking for the whole package.....start with teh COTM...that way the people who face off for COTY are the BEST of the best.

    See my point?

  13. #33
    Lt1/m6 driver :P Toyota h8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    toledo, ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,043

    327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Kjz99z28 View Post
    I also think we should just show pics with numbers by them instead of identifying which car belongs to who. I mean I know some cars will automatically be recognized by members.. but it might help eliminate a little of the name-voting.

    I think COTY is a great idea, and I agree with what was said about judging differently, like including a list of mods for COTY. I think appearance-only is fine for COTM.
    I agree on the number selection setup......eliminates favorites

    Appererence only for one and not the other? Thats not fair, should be for the whole car for both COTM/COTY

    Quote Originally Posted by sandman22 View Post
    To me when you vote for COTY it should be from the winners of COTM (12 in a full year). To see who had the best CAR OF THE YEAR. But thats just me.
    I agree, the winner of each month goes against one and another. Makes sense to me.

  14. #34
    back 'n better than ever Kjz99z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,759

    White/Black
    1999 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Toyota h8r View Post
    I agree on the number selection setup......eliminates favorites

    Appererence only for one and not the other? Thats not fair, should be for the whole car for both COTM/COTY


    I agree, the winner of each month goes against one and another. Makes sense to me.
    I like the 12 month winners against each other. Wouldn't make sense to do it any other way.

    COTY would be like "the" award to win. COTM is not as big an award.. and I think it would be a good idea to let members who aren't really modded but are still car enthusiasts (i.e.. car looks nice, kept clean, all that) to also have a shot at the monthly one. They won't always win, but I think COTY should have a cosmetic aspect too. That way the winner will not only be the best looking, but be the favorite with looks AND performance. There would probably be only one car out of the 12 that made it to COTY choices that is totally stock anyway.

    And on a sidenote.. I don't think someone who has a stock car but wants it to look nice is ricer. I see a ricer as someone that has a car that looks like ass, and thinks it's fast for no reason. Not to mention the cheap parts, and the shitty attitude.

  15. #35
    Lt1/m6 driver :P Toyota h8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    toledo, ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,043

    327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Kjz99z28 View Post
    I like the 12 month winners against each other. Wouldn't make sense to do it any other way.

    COTY would be like "the" award to win. COTM is not as big an award.. and I think it would be a good idea to let members who aren't really modded but are still car enthusiasts (i.e.. car looks nice, kept clean, all that) to also have a shot at the monthly one. They won't always win, but I think COTY should have a cosmetic aspect too. That way the winner will not only be the best looking, but be the favorite with looks AND performance. There would probably be only one car out of the 12 that made it to COTY choices that is totally stock anyway.

    And on a sidenote.. I don't think someone who has a stock car but wants it to look nice is ricer. I see a ricer as someone that has a car that looks like ass, and thinks it's fast for no reason. Not to mention the cheap parts, and the shitty attitude.
    Im saying its ricer-ish to look only for appearance only. Yah its cool to look for clean stock cars......but come on....a fully built race car looks more badass.....

    they need different classes really.........look at car shows......everyone doesnt enter for one class and one class only......there are different ones for a reason!

  16. #36
    back 'n better than ever Kjz99z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,759

    White/Black
    1999 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Toyota h8r View Post
    Im saying its ricer-ish to look only for appearance only. Yah its cool to look for clean stock cars......but come on....a fully built race car looks more badass.....

    they need different classes really.........look at car shows......everyone doesnt enter for one class and one class only......there are different ones for a reason!
    Right but there are options and you can vote on whoever you want. I'm just sayin' not to leave out people who WANT to be involved just because they are new or can't afford to right now or whatever. By leaving COTM as it is.. it gives these people an actual chance to participate.

    Different classes would be too complicated IMO... but, car shows are a good analogy, because also in those you just look at it, and sometimes people enter that aren't built race cars, and occasionally a barely modded car that looks nice will win

  17. #37
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    I like the COTY idea. I think we should do it! selecting from the pool of 12 (monthly winners) for the specific year is a good idea too...

  18. #38
    Lt1/m6 driver :P Toyota h8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    toledo, ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,043

    327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Kjz99z28 View Post
    Right but there are options and you can vote on whoever you want. I'm just sayin' not to leave out people who WANT to be involved just because they are new or can't afford to right now or whatever. By leaving COTM as it is.. it gives these people an actual chance to participate.

    Different classes would be too complicated IMO... but, car shows are a good analogy, because also in those you just look at it, and sometimes people enter that aren't built race cars, and occasionally a barely modded car that looks nice will win
    heres a way to clear it up and be easy......not trying to sound like a asshole

    stock/appearance class
    and
    heavily modified/race car class

  19. #39
    back 'n better than ever Kjz99z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,759

    White/Black
    1999 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Toyota h8r View Post
    heres a way to clear it up and be easy......not trying to sound like a asshole

    stock/appearance class
    and
    heavily modified/race car class
    Right but then are there two cars of the year? And are we going to have enough people enter each month for both classes or is it going to be pretty much the same group each time? I mean if the forum can support it I think it would work out.. depending on how you did the COTY part.. but.. I dunno I don't think it would make that much of a difference on who wins.

  20. #40
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyota h8r View Post
    heres a way to clear it up and be easy......not trying to sound like a asshole

    stock/appearance class
    and
    heavily modified/race car class
    me personally not in favor of that, since we look at pics and judge by looks, not hear their engine, look under the hood or show dyno charts and mod list.

    for COTM... usually wheels, color of the car, quality of pic, angle, lighting, catback tips and a few cosmetic things set those cars apart not the internal mods.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Good Idea? bad idea? zboner's trade off
    By third_shift|studios in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 11-28-2006, 12:19 AM
  2. bad idea or good idea?
    By FrienldyLS1 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 10:42 AM
  3. Good Idea/Bad Idea..? be gentle
    By EREBUSS in forum General Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 03:45 AM
  4. good idea? bad idea? Fiance's Bday gift...
    By third_shift|studios in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-23-2006, 06:39 PM
  5. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 07:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •