Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

02 Z28 with new shoes and a few other appearance mods

This is a discussion on 02 Z28 with new shoes and a few other appearance mods within the Member's Rides forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by INMY01TA My guy could get that out like it was never there. http://www.dentrepair.com/ my point is that ...

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    My guy could get that out like it was never there. http://www.dentrepair.com/
    my point is that there is a heck of a lot more than a simple door ding or small dent. the quarter is wrinkled from the the gas cap area almost all the way to the berger panel.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    my point is that there is a heck of a lot more than a simple door ding or small dent. the quarter is wrinkled from the the gas cap area almost all the way to the berger panel.
    Re-read my previous post.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

I know quite a few body guys around here that do high end cars and none have said it could be popped out due to the location and length. I repaired a bigger dent on my old firebird and painted it and you couldn't even tell it was there so I have not doubt I could do it I'm just worried about the paint match. Ill be back up at school soon so maybe around Xmas I'll toy around with it

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    I know quite a few body guys around here that do high end cars and none have said it could be popped out due to the location and length. I repaired a bigger dent on my old firebird and painted it and you couldn't even tell it was there so I have not doubt I could do it I'm just worried about the paint match. Ill be back up at school soon so maybe around Xmas I'll toy around with it
    yea my dad helps run the body shop at one of the GM dealers in town so I am around the guys that work there on a regular basis so that's what makes me say what I say that you can;t simply painteless dent repair it. Paint match is the worst and it gets pricey pretty quickly when you have to blend in order to trick the eyes of the variation.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Ya the hood and spoiler on my car had to be painted to match the car and both are damn close you cant even tell the spoiler is different and the hood is only noticeable under direct sunlight. I think a lot of the paint match comes in the quality of the paint. I've tried to match nason to a oem ppg paint and the match is terrible however matching ppg to ppg or a dupont chromabase to an oem basecoat is much easier since the colors tend to be a lot closer. Like I said though I rarely notice it and right now I have to go back to school in august so I'll just have to rock the dent atleast until xmas when I have spare time and a little cash lol. Either way I'm liking the way she looks now with the ss hood/ spoiler and new rubber

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Ya the hood and spoiler on my car had to be painted to match the car and both are damn close you cant even tell the spoiler is different and the hood is only noticeable under direct sunlight. I think a lot of the paint match comes in the quality of the paint. I've tried to match nason to a oem ppg paint and the match is terrible however matching ppg to ppg or a dupont chromabase to an oem basecoat is much easier since the colors tend to be a lot closer. Like I said though I rarely notice it and right now I have to go back to school in august so I'll just have to rock the dent atleast until xmas when I have spare time and a little cash lol. Either way I'm liking the way she looks now with the ss hood/ spoiler and new rubber
    I would have to agree with that.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Thanks man, I'm thinking about painting the calipers too. I'm tossing around the idea of either black or just polishing them like i did on my old firebird but I'm not sure, what would look good with pewter in there?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Thanks man, I'm thinking about painting the calipers too. I'm tossing around the idea of either black or just polishing them like i did on my old firebird but I'm not sure, what would look good with pewter in there?
    Mine have been painted black. they came that way when I bought the car and quite frankly i prefer black. it matches the car and doesnt show the brake dust

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    Mine have been painted black. they came that way when I bought the car and quite frankly i prefer black. it matches the car and doesnt show the brake dust
    This^
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information