Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

02 Z28 with new shoes and a few other appearance mods

This is a discussion on 02 Z28 with new shoes and a few other appearance mods within the Member's Rides forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by INMY01TA My guy could get that out like it was never there. http://www.dentrepair.com/ my point is that ...

  1. #21
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    My guy could get that out like it was never there. http://www.dentrepair.com/
    my point is that there is a heck of a lot more than a simple door ding or small dent. the quarter is wrinkled from the the gas cap area almost all the way to the berger panel.

  2. #22
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    my point is that there is a heck of a lot more than a simple door ding or small dent. the quarter is wrinkled from the the gas cap area almost all the way to the berger panel.
    Re-read my previous post.

  3. #23
    Senior Member redbird555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    pompano beach florida
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,008
    2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

    I know quite a few body guys around here that do high end cars and none have said it could be popped out due to the location and length. I repaired a bigger dent on my old firebird and painted it and you couldn't even tell it was there so I have not doubt I could do it I'm just worried about the paint match. Ill be back up at school soon so maybe around Xmas I'll toy around with it

  4. #24
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    I know quite a few body guys around here that do high end cars and none have said it could be popped out due to the location and length. I repaired a bigger dent on my old firebird and painted it and you couldn't even tell it was there so I have not doubt I could do it I'm just worried about the paint match. Ill be back up at school soon so maybe around Xmas I'll toy around with it
    yea my dad helps run the body shop at one of the GM dealers in town so I am around the guys that work there on a regular basis so that's what makes me say what I say that you can;t simply painteless dent repair it. Paint match is the worst and it gets pricey pretty quickly when you have to blend in order to trick the eyes of the variation.

  5. #25
    Senior Member redbird555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    pompano beach florida
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,008
    2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

    Ya the hood and spoiler on my car had to be painted to match the car and both are damn close you cant even tell the spoiler is different and the hood is only noticeable under direct sunlight. I think a lot of the paint match comes in the quality of the paint. I've tried to match nason to a oem ppg paint and the match is terrible however matching ppg to ppg or a dupont chromabase to an oem basecoat is much easier since the colors tend to be a lot closer. Like I said though I rarely notice it and right now I have to go back to school in august so I'll just have to rock the dent atleast until xmas when I have spare time and a little cash lol. Either way I'm liking the way she looks now with the ss hood/ spoiler and new rubber

  6. #26
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    Ya the hood and spoiler on my car had to be painted to match the car and both are damn close you cant even tell the spoiler is different and the hood is only noticeable under direct sunlight. I think a lot of the paint match comes in the quality of the paint. I've tried to match nason to a oem ppg paint and the match is terrible however matching ppg to ppg or a dupont chromabase to an oem basecoat is much easier since the colors tend to be a lot closer. Like I said though I rarely notice it and right now I have to go back to school in august so I'll just have to rock the dent atleast until xmas when I have spare time and a little cash lol. Either way I'm liking the way she looks now with the ss hood/ spoiler and new rubber
    I would have to agree with that.

  7. #27
    Senior Member redbird555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    pompano beach florida
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,008
    2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

    Thanks man, I'm thinking about painting the calipers too. I'm tossing around the idea of either black or just polishing them like i did on my old firebird but I'm not sure, what would look good with pewter in there?

  8. #28
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    Thanks man, I'm thinking about painting the calipers too. I'm tossing around the idea of either black or just polishing them like i did on my old firebird but I'm not sure, what would look good with pewter in there?
    Mine have been painted black. they came that way when I bought the car and quite frankly i prefer black. it matches the car and doesnt show the brake dust

  9. #29
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    Mine have been painted black. they came that way when I bought the car and quite frankly i prefer black. it matches the car and doesnt show the brake dust
    This^
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New Appearance Mods
    By 98TransAmWs-6 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-20-2011, 12:13 PM
  2. Question: Appearance Mods
    By 99TransAmSLP in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 12:45 PM
  3. Wanted: Appearance Mods
    By Ryanandybob in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 03:55 AM
  4. Some More Appearance Mods............
    By kebie05 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 09:26 PM
  5. My Appearance Mods....
    By Sunset T/A in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-05-2006, 12:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •