98 Formula
    06 duramax

*** 2009 COTY.....97ramsst***

"Thanks to everyone that voted for us.....again!"

LS1.COM Car Of The Month October 2008 and 2009!!!

I won't bore you with the whole story of the car again...you can read it here:
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98274

This has been a very busy year for us...we have been to shows from Tampa, FL to Dayton, OH. The car has received 14 "Best Of Show"s this year and numerous other awards including "Best Future Classic" at the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona last November.

In February my wife (future wife at the time...it has been a great year!) and I and carried the car to Orlando for the Wide Track Warriors Show as well as a photoshoot for High Performance Pontiac (more on that later!) The Wide Track Warriors Show is the largest ALL PONTIAC show in FL. It had examples of some of the nicest Pontiacs in the South East (if not the whole country there) including rotisserie restored Judges and vintage Pontiacs. Out of all those our car received "Best of Show"...we were very honored. This was the 17th year for the show and the first time a modified late model car had gotten that award!

HPP Blog About It:
    http://blogs.highperformancepontiac....009/index.html

In April we were asked to display the car for the month of May at Summit Racing in Atlanta. Another HUGE honor to say the least.

In June we carried the car to Pigeon Forge, TN for the Pontiacs In Pigeon Forge show. It was an incredible show in an equally impressive venue (I highly recommend any Pontiac fan try to attend this show!) We received the award for Best Modified Trans Am, but much more important the Participant's Pick award. Which means that our car was recognized and picked by our fellow enthusiast...most of which owned classic Pontiacs. For them to recognize the work thats went in to enough to vote for a late modle car is very flattering.

While on the way to Pigeon Forge (literally in the truck on the way up) Christopher Phillip called and said my article was ready...and he had a surprise for us, as a early wedding gift he made sure both of our cars where in the same issue! He overnighted some copies too us and they were waiting for us at the hotel when we arrived...we were happy with both articles and very appreciative of the graciousness of the entire staff at HPP!

You can read the article online here:
    http://www.highperformancepontiac.co..._am/index.html

In late July we carried the car to the POCI/GTOAA Co-vention in Dayton, OH. What an incredible show to say the least. Over 1200 Pontiacs from all over the world was there! And out of tons of other stunning vehicles my car received the award for "Best 64-08 Modified Pontiac"! But even better than that while there we got the chance to meet Pontiac legend Jim Wangers and have him autograph our car:

A few pics of the car:

Sound Clip: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmmNxrlLQRA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmmNxrlLQRA[/ame]

General Info:
    2002 Trans Am WS6 #8497
    Sunset Orange Metallic
    Tires and Wheels: CCW 505As and BFG KDWs
    (19x10s & 275/30/19s - front)
    (19x11s & 295/35/19s - rear)
    Suspension: Strano Springs, KYB AGX Shocks, BMR LCAs (chrome), BMR LCA Relocation Brackets (Chrome), BMR Upper and Lower PRB (Chrome), Hotchkiss STB (chrome), Custom Chromed Billet Bump Stops, White Powder Coated Sway Bars, Red Energy Suspension Bushings and a TA Performance Cover
    Engine Mods: Nitrous Outlet 150-shot, Weiand Intake (Chromed), Polished LPP headers with polished off road pipe, Corsa Cat-Back, All Chrome and Polished Covers and Caps Possible, Custom SOM FRCs, Turn One PS Pump and Pulley, FAST TB, MTI Clear Lid, MSD Wires, 98 Water Pump (removable pulley), & Chromed items include pulleys, VCs, PS pump and alternator brackets, throttle cable bracket, tensioner, AC and ABS brackets and I am sure some more stuff I am forgetting
    Interior Mods: Custom Mounted Polished Nitrous Bottle and Bracket, Triple Gauge Pod, Redline Goods Shifter Boot, E-Brake Boot, and Console Cover, Embroidered Headrests, Embroidered Mats, Chrome Vent Rings, Gauge Overlays, Chrome Shifter, Chrome Door Strikers, 2 Kicker CVR 10s in custom stealth boxes
    Appearance Mods: FULL HID Conversion, !Moldings, !Wires, !Hood Latch Cable, !Air, Stainless "Trans AM", Front Bird, and Pontiac overlays, SOM Calipers with Black Powder Coated D&S Rotors, 20% Tint/35% Windshield, Underhood mirrors, Mirrored Stainless Air Dam, SOM Bumper Support, Chrome Hood Latch, hood latch bracket, safety catch, latch, latch support, bumper support brace, headlight brackets, hood hinges, door strikers and pins, rear hatch latch and I am sure a lot of other stuff I am forgetting....

We look forward to a great rest of this year and having even more fun with the car next year! Again, thanks very much to those of you that voted for our car and for reading this post!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I love this car so much. I want SOM One of the cleanest, nicest fbody's around.
    Congrats to you sir, you deserve it with that car.

2002 Trans Am WS6

2009 has been a wonderful year for us and our car. I would like to give a huge THANK YOU to everyone that voted for my car this year, both in the COTM poll and the COTY poll! The recognition you get from your peers and fellow enthusiasts means much more than any other...you are the judges that count! Again THANK YOU for your recognition of all the hard work and time we have put into the car!
    Last edited by 97ramsst; 12-16-2009 at 08:56 AM.
    2002 SUNSET ORANGE METALLIC WS6 #8497
    1996 ARTIC WHITE TRANS AM WS6
    1987 BRIGHT RED FORMULA 350
    1978 Trans Am SE

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Congrats man!!!

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Congrats on COTY

Red
    1966 GMC, 2003 Dodge Ram

That car is absolutely sick man. Totally diggin the orange

2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarzan View Post
    That car is absolutely sick man. Totally diggin the orange
    Thanks....if anybody wants to see more pics of the car and updates on it check out this thread:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121891

Thread Information