Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Wife's 2002 Camaro V6...mod ideas?

This is a discussion on Wife's 2002 Camaro V6...mod ideas? within the V6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; She's got a K&N and a magnaflow system....anything else I can do to mod this out?.....thanx!...

  1. #1
    Member MotorDogStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    105

    Green
    1994 Trans Am GTA

    Wife's 2002 Camaro V6...mod ideas?

    She's got a K&N and a magnaflow system....anything else I can do to mod this out?.....thanx!

  2. #2
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    supercharge it.

  3. #3
    Member MotorDogStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    105

    Green
    1994 Trans Am GTA

    good idea, but I'm looking to spend just a few hundred for her on some basic Mods.......she just wants new stuff.....
    "I'll gut you like a fish!"

  4. #4
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    They have headers for v-6's, and tell her used is better than nothin. Pull a s/c off a grand prix

  5. #5
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    What are your hp goals? Need more info other than "new stuff". I really dont know what you can do that is'nt already done for only a few hundred though.
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-30-2009 at 01:48 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif


    Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    scottsboro, al
    Age
    32
    Posts
    291

    red
    2001 v6 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    They have headers for v-6's, and tell her used is better than nothin. Pull a s/c off a grand prix
    if only it was that easy.


    For a few hundred bucks i would look into a set of pacesetter headers and maybe a set of rockers. Then if its a auto i would get a shift kit, or a short shifter if its a manual.

  7. #7
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    126

    navy blue metallic
    2000 trans am ws6

    sell it and get her an ls1

  9. #9
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by davidws62000 View Post
    sell it and get her an ls1
    Boooooooooooo

  10. #10
    Bullet Boy Same ol Situation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    156
    2002 CETA m6

    If its just the k&n filter, i would upgrade to this:

    http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=57-3041

    had it on my old firebird and it seem to give it better throttle response, while also giving a cool wooshing noise from the intake

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    126

    navy blue metallic
    2000 trans am ws6

    if you dont wanna spend the money to super charge it or put a 100 shot in it id say just put a cold air intake on it not worh getting crazy with mods on v6 maybe tint windows stick with visual effects ss rims for it would look good

  12. #12
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by davidws62000 View Post
    if you dont wanna spend the money to super charge it or put a 100 shot in it id say just put a cold air intake on it not worh getting crazy with mods on v6 maybe tint windows stick with visual effects ss rims for it would look good
    Really? Why is that?
    1987 Buick Grand National - Street Heat





    Bwahahhahaah
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-31-2009 at 04:14 AM.

  13. #13
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Friendly bump.........

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    126

    navy blue metallic
    2000 trans am ws6

    it would cost more to make a v6 camaro run 10's than it would to make a v8 run 10's generally speaking. if your gonna mod something and make it fast id mod something with a faster stock motor, it all depends on what your trying to do most ppl buy v6 bc they get the looks and style of a fraction of cost or b/c they dont wanna go fast. not that theres anything wrong with modding a v6, but if you wanna make it haul ass like an ls1 small bolt ons wont take you there its gonna need a supercharger and for the price of a supercharger when your finished you could have bought a v8 for that same cost youll have into the v6 so thats why i say that.

  15. #15
    Mad Fabricator Z34LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    249

    92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

    Go Check out these FWD Freaks, They are really into modding V6's Especially 3400 Series and 3800 Series motors.

    http://60degreev6.com

  16. #16
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by davidws62000 View Post
    it would cost more to make a v6 camaro run 10's than it would to make a v8 run 10's generally speaking. if your gonna mod something and make it fast id mod something with a faster stock motor, it all depends on what your trying to do most ppl buy v6 bc they get the looks and style of a fraction of cost or b/c they dont wanna go fast. not that theres anything wrong with modding a v6, but if you wanna make it haul ass like an ls1 small bolt ons wont take you there its gonna need a supercharger and for the price of a supercharger when your finished you could have bought a v8 for that same cost youll have into the v6 so thats why i say that.
    I see the point you're trying to make. However a v6 that breaks into say 9-10 second range is'nt going to be touched just by buying an LS1 with small bolt ons. There are also (as you know) v6's that come with SC-and turbo's from the factory so just buying a stock N/A v8 dont hold much water really. Especially when there are a few v6's that go clear back to the early 90's with 300 hp stock.. Buick Gn's from the 80's made good power (single factory turbo) stock as well. Mostly it's about what you're into and what your whp goals are..

    Crate "stock" LS1's are'nt cheep either, it could be argued that a modded v6 could be as expensive as the crate ls1 and still have more power as well...
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-31-2009 at 05:06 AM.

  17. #17
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Z34LS1 View Post
    Go Check out these FWD Freaks, They are really into modding V6's Especially 3400 Series and 3800 Series motors.

    http://60degreev6.com
    Yup doing a TDC Twin Turbo as we speak myself in my 92 Z34.
    Also your z34 ls1 is still the baddest z34 I've ever seen..

    GTP231 (carpy) Is if I remember correctly getting into the mid 13's on a factory SC. Dont quote me though he maybe faster...
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-31-2009 at 05:34 AM.

  18. #18
    Bullet Boy Same ol Situation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    156
    2002 CETA m6

    Hate on the v6 and Smit will come to get you.

    you can make anything fast. I want power in stock form, so i sold my bird to get a ws6. Could i have supercharged my firebird, yes. The only thing i will say is having the ls1 is a stronger baseline than the v6, forced induction is not for everybody.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    126

    navy blue metallic
    2000 trans am ws6

    yours right about that i think you can make v6s out do v8s if you have the money but it makes more since on your wallet to start with a better baseline. you can turbo charge a v6 make it fast but think what would happen if you turbo charged a v8, btw those grand nationals are sweet

  20. #20
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Same ol Situation View Post
    Hate on the v6 and Smit will come to get you.

    you can make anything fast. I want power in stock form, so i sold my bird to get a ws6. Could i have supercharged my firebird, yes. The only thing i will say is having the ls1 is a stronger baseline than the v6, forced induction is not for everybody.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Help: Wheel ideas for 2000 camaro SS
    By Erika Solis in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-31-2015, 03:38 PM
  2. Camaro? Wife?
    By 95camaroZNC in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 06:41 PM
  3. 2002 mustang gt vs 2002 camaro
    By jrea42 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 07:07 AM
  4. 69 camaro suspension setup ideas??
    By 69camarokid in forum Classic Muscle
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 08:21 PM
  5. 69 camaro suspension ideas??
    By 69camarokid in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 12:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •