Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

What are your 3.8 times?

This is a discussion on What are your 3.8 times? within the V6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; my bolt on ls1 ran 12.9 and that s with 2.73 gears, i'll run any six with nitrous, not saying ...

sebring silver
    2000 z28

my bolt on ls1 ran 12.9 and that s with 2.73 gears, i'll run any six with nitrous, not saying that i will win but does any six here run 12.9 with a 100 shot, and now i just got my 3.37 in and am planning on visiting the track 12.5?

if the six runs 15s then a 100 shot would only get high 13s unless other mods are also done look into the camaro magazine they have a fast victor six shootout they are doing with a 3.8 camaro all bolt-ons and headers,cam,tune,has 212 at wheel

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

What a waste of time and money modding a V6 camaro...

Just slap a used LS1/T56 in it, or turbocharge it, prolly cost about the same.

CO Fastest V6 FBody Teufel Hunden's Avatar

Arctic White
    1998 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    What a waste of time and money modding a V6 camaro...

Just slap a used LS1/T56 in it, or turbocharge it, prolly cost about the same.
    Actually, it wouldn't cost the same. But thanks for the advice genius.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Teufel Hunden View Post

I notice you live in CO, I lived in Denver for about 4 years, I went to bandimere and stock cars were getting about a second slower than what magazines were getting, just because of the elevation.

So if ever get in the 11s in CO, then that is very impressive, no matter what you drive.

PS-- I could care less what you drive, but to argue price is silly. You can make ANYTHING FAST, who cares how much it costs.

LS1 is my cup of tea, and it has nothing to do with price, or the 1/4 mile speed. (Hell I know there are turbo'd cars out there that can beat me, big deal.

It has to do with the exhaust note, the torque that puts you back in the seat just by burping the gas just a tad. It is the look i get when I rev at a stop light and it feels like thunder, then a Fart can 4 banger revs and it sounds like a kid blowing on a 10 Cent Kazoo toy that comes in a cracker jack box.

When everyone is done bitching at each other, don't forget to go out and drive your car.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Youre rightagain! , all hial the V6 Hitler!
    "were not worthy, were not worthy"

Arctic White
    1998 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    Youre rightagain! , all hial the V6 Hitler!
    "were not worthy, were not worthy"
    All will bow before me.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by WickEdSix98 View Post
    I recently ran a 12.48@106.8 with my naturally aspirated 3.8. 1.65 60' and a 7.91@85 mph 1/8th. Here's a vid of my 12.51 pass: www.turbov6camaro.com/clash/lanceclash.wmv RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS PLEASE!!
    Can someone please indulge to me how the hell you would put a 3.8 to a 12.51 NA? -5000 DA maybe? Stroked out to a 350 w/ H/C? I mean seriously, how the hell do you make a 3.8 NA motor go that quick. Chicken bucket maybe?
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Teufel Hunden means Devil Dog in German. It was bestowed upon the Marines in battle, where the Germans thought they were shock troops.

I was a Sgt. in the Marine Corps before I got out, and served in the Iraq War in 2003, during the invasion. You would do well to hold your sarcastic tongue.

green
    95 firebird

Teufel Hunden means Devil Dog in German. It was bestowed upon the Marines in battle, where the Germans thought they were shock troops.

I was a Sgt. in the Marine Corps before I got out, and served in the Iraq War in 2003, during the invasion. You would do well to hold your sarcastic tongue.
    If you are going to say modding a v6 is a waste, do you really expect respect from a serious v6 enthusiast?

Where do you think he got his user name from?

Arctic White
    1998 Camaro

Quite the internet badass you are! So you can come in and bash everyone in this forum, but you can't take it yourself eh?

Actually, i was a Sgt in the Corps before i got out too. I served in the invasion in 2003, where i was awarded a Bronze Star with V device, and i went back again in 2006. All total, i spent 7 years in, and two years in Iraq, all over the country. From Ramadi, to Al Kut, to Diwaniyah, to Fallujah.

You'd do well to check who you're talking to before making assumptions, killer. You're not the only Marine on this forum. But you are the only one pulling the war hero card trying to get E-respect, while making douche bag threats over the internet.
    Last edited by Teufel Hunden; 06-01-2007 at 12:23 AM.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Liar

You sound like a chump to me.

Enjoy your POS V6, and a hope you sleep better knowing what I think of you and your impotent car.

This is the type of guy that gets caught at 55 years old wearing his dress blues with a medal of honor, silver star, and all kinds of stuff he never earned, or deserves. POSER
    Last edited by Roastem; 06-01-2007 at 05:42 AM.

Arctic White
    1998 Camaro

Liar

You sound like a chump to me.

Enjoy your POS V6, and a hope you sleep better knowing what I think of you and your impotent car.

This is the type of guy that gets caught at 55 years old wearing his dress blues with a medal of honor, silver star, and all kinds of stuff he never earned, or deserves. POSER
    So i'm the chump when you're the one that pulled the war hero card and made idle threats over the internet? Whatever you say killer. Your double standards are the funniest we've seen in here in a while.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

WTF you talkin' about a hero card. I had a "supposed" Marine shoot his mouth off to me for no reason. As a "fellow" Marine, I would have expected you would have chilled with the insults.

But, instead you showed your true colors. The type of Marine, if you were one, that I would have taken to the treeline to instill some discipline in your sorry hide.

Anyway, enjoy your POS, one day you might wake up and get a real car. You might as well bought an import.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Quite the internet badass you are! So you can come in and bash everyone in this forum, but you can't take it yourself eh?

Actually, i was a Sgt in the Corps before i got out too. I served in the invasion in 2003, where i was awarded a Bronze Star with V device, and i went back again in 2006. All total, i spent 7 years in, and two years in Iraq, all over the country. From Ramadi, to Al Kut, to Diwaniyah, to Fallujah.

You'd do well to check who you're talking to before making assumptions, killer. You're not the only Marine on this forum. But you are the only one pulling the war hero card trying to get E-respect, while making douche bag threats over the internet.

The only one I ever see bashing anyone is you. Its seems you have LS1 envy the same way women get penis envy and get all hysterical. Maybe you should start taking some sort of testosterone supplements, so you can stop acting like such a bitch.

2000pontiac6
    can someone lock this thread already, or warn the people ruining the thread? so off topic

Arctic White
    1998 Camaro

WTF you talkin' about a hero card. I had a "supposed" Marine shoot his mouth off to me for no reason. As a "fellow" Marine, I would have expected you would have chilled with the insults.

But, instead you showed your true colors. The type of Marine, if you were one, that I would have taken to the treeline to instill some discipline in your sorry hide.

Anyway, enjoy your POS, one day you might wake up and get a real car. You might as well bought an import.
    As a real Marine, you'd think you could have taken the sarcasm, and not launched off into the over the internet threats. You showed your true colors of being a panzy who can't take a little of what he dishes out. If you want to come in and bash people, you have to expect it right back, AND be able to handle it.... that's the internet, my friend. And a supposed Marine shoot his mouth off at you for no reason?!?! Weren't you the one that threatened me? Weren't you the one who's first post in here was to insult everyone in here? You can't come in and start something, then try and blame it on everyone else.

Discipline in my sorry hide You just need to calm down, killer. And don't try and tell me that i was "supposed" to "chill" with anything when you said you were a Marine in such an e-badass fashion. My SN is Teufel Hunden, and in my profile, under occupation, it says "US Marine" (i haven't changed it yet, i've only been out for a couple weeks). YOU should have known i was a Marine from your entry into this thread, and therefore , you're the one who should be reminding YOURSELF of how "fellow Marines" are supposed to act. It's hilarious that you'd come in and threaten someone like that, then expect THEM to back off. You must've been an ASVAB waiver. It's also funny how you put everything into quotes like you don't believe i really was a Marine, but i'm just supposed to believe you. I've been using this SN since 2001 when i first registered on this board, before the database was lost. I'm not unknown on many GM forums, and neither is my service. In 6 years of using this SN, you're the FIRST one to ever try and accuse me of anything.

And BTW, my POS, impotent v6 is making more power than your H&C LS1.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle
    The only one I ever see bashing anyone is you. Its seems you have LS1 envy the same way women get penis envy and get all hysterical. Maybe you should start taking some sort of testosterone supplements, so you can stop acting like such a bitch.
    Oh give it a rest. You're the one that got all up in arms about the fact i didn't bow down to your "go to the bank" advice. The LS1 envy is always a hilarious addition. And being the predictable type you are, you threw it in there too. Yeah, i'm so jealous of everyone who owns LS1s, i go into V8 forums in threads where people are talking about what times they run with their LS1s, and i tell them to go to the bank, take out a loan for a V6, then sell the V8 and pay off the loan.
    Last edited by Teufel Hunden; 06-02-2007 at 12:28 PM.

green
    95 firebird

What I see is someone coming into a thread about 3.8 times bashing v6s, and when someone confidently refutes him he gets worked up and pulls out an armed forces card only to meet an equal in that area, and is now grasping at straws.

green
    95 firebird

Quote Originally Posted by 2000pontiac6 View Post
    can someone lock this thread already, or warn the people ruining the thread? so off topic
    Threads like this are commonplace on v8 forums. It is a v8 forum because nearly everyone here owns a v8. There are some in the v8 community that feel it is their duty to take jabs at people who own (at stock) slower cars then they own, or once a v6 is faster then they are, to attack how much money they have "wasted."

Where in NJ are you from?

2000pontiac6
    High Bridge, its right next to Clinton

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

2000Pontiac6- Do what you want with your car. Get a turbo kit or bolt ons or whatever you want to do. Im 19 as well, I'm looking for my first LS1, and I know how it is with the insurance hit. Not to mention the cost of gas. I think it would be cool to say you made your v6 ordinary to extraordinary. Not to mention how much you will learn from doing it.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information