Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 155

What are your 3.8 times?

This is a discussion on What are your 3.8 times? within the V6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by stevegrizzle So what are you so upset about? If you like to mod the 6 go for, ...

  1. #81
    CO Fastest V6 FBody Teufel Hunden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Age
    35
    Posts
    251

    Arctic White
    1998 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    So what are you so upset about? If you like to mod the 6 go for, it but damn calm the fuck down I wasn't shitting on you I simply stated the TRUTH. The cheapest easiest way to go fast in an f-bod it to buy one with an 8 or sawp an 8 in, if you disagree with that you are just lying to yourself man. I mean wow knocing on elevens, dude that is just the tip of the iceberg in an lsx powered car! And if I'm not mistaken you are posting on ls1.com correct so what exactly would you expect to hear?
    Far from upset actually, just stating the facts, and pointing out your ignorance.

    But your truth that you "simply stated" isn't quite as absolute as you'd like it to be, sorry. Go back and re-read what i said in my last paragraph. I'm going faster than a stock LS1 car for the same amount of money. Also, swapping in a v8 isn't the cheapest way, because then what would you have? A stock V8 right? And what have i already proven with my car? That's right, that for the same price as a stock V8, i'm almost running 11s. And yes, i realize the awesome potential of V8 cars. No one denies it. But if i'm already here after only spending the money i have, how much will a little more take me? I've by no means hit the absolute performance wall in this car, which you tried to suggest with your iceberg comment.

    About this being LS1.com, this used to be a pretty knowledgeable board, and it at one point didn't have much of the sheer ignorance displayed by some people in this thread. But, using your own logic, this is the V6 section. So what are you doing in here anyway?

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    You are modding an engine with probably 30% of the potential of an ls1 factory vs factory.
    And? No one ever said that V6s are better than LS1s in some way. Once again your logic is astounding. So in your eyes, no one should mod TBI engines, LT1s, Carb-equipped engines, because the LS1 is better than all of them. Matter of fact, what are you doing with an LS1 anyway? Why didn't you get an LS6? Or better yet, an LS7?! Why waste your time with an inferior motor? You're wasting your money.

    What a boring world we'd live in if everyone shared your views.

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    This is my last post in here
    Good idea. Not like you were doing a good job anyway.
    Last edited by Teufel Hunden; 04-12-2007 at 11:15 AM.

  2. #82
    General Mota's! stevegrizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Around Tampa , FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    378

    mid blue
    99 m6 z28

    nice work, can you send me some of whatever it is you are getting high on?

  3. #83
    CO Fastest V6 FBody Teufel Hunden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Age
    35
    Posts
    251

    Arctic White
    1998 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    nice work, can you send me some of whatever it is you are getting high on?
    Translation: "I'll spout mindless drivel about which i have no knowledge, but i can't and won't defend my position in any intelligent way."

    If you can't debate something, maybe you should stay away from subjects where debate is common.
    Last edited by Teufel Hunden; 04-12-2007 at 04:35 PM.

  4. #84
    General Mota's! stevegrizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Around Tampa , FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    378

    mid blue
    99 m6 z28

    There is a difference between can't and won't. I don't feel the need to debate you because I know I'm correct and I have better shit to do.

  5. #85
    CO Fastest V6 FBody Teufel Hunden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Age
    35
    Posts
    251

    Arctic White
    1998 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    There is a difference between can't and won't. I don't feel the need to debate you because I know I'm correct and I have better shit to do.

    Ah the admittance of defeat. You don't feel the need to debate because you're not really correct about anything you've said in here. When confronted with counter-arguments that proved you wrong, you just talk about how busy of an individual you are. It's ok, we understand, you just wanted to bash on the V6 guys and we didn't fall all over your awesome v8 owner-ness. Better luck next time.

    Once again, if you can't debate, don't get into subjects where debate is common.
    Last edited by Teufel Hunden; 04-12-2007 at 08:37 PM.

  6. #86
    General Mota's! stevegrizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Around Tampa , FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    378

    mid blue
    99 m6 z28

    Ok, well you persist on being a cocksucker so here you go.

    Honestly, I didn't say one owrd up until this point bashing anyone of anything but you sir deserve to be lined up and shot in the head, good day.

    And btw you can go buy and ls car for 6k buy a 400$ n2o setup and be mid 11's. So where is your recipe for going 11's under 6k?

    you say you can make a 6 cyl faster for cheaper so prove it.

  7. #87
    CO Fastest V6 FBody Teufel Hunden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Age
    35
    Posts
    251

    Arctic White
    1998 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    Ok, well you persist on being a cocksucker so here you go.

    Honestly, I didn't say one owrd up until this point bashing anyone of anything but you sir deserve to be lined up and shot in the head, good day.

    And btw you can go buy and ls car for 6k buy a 400$ n2o setup and be mid 11's. So where is your recipe for going 11's under 6k?

    you say you can make a 6 cyl faster for cheaper so prove it.

    6k is the very low end for LS1s. A 98' Z28 with no options besides what came with the Z28 package with 100k miles on it is still worth almost 7k. So way to try and set that one up to optimal conditions for your argument. Anyone buying a car with any amount of options, that isn't all beat to shit will be paying a bit more than 6k.

    But, we can play that game if you want. If the cheapest LS1 available can be had for 6k, the cheapest 3.8 can be had for 3k. The turbo setup cost me less than 3k. Add the stutter box, and there you go.
    Last edited by Teufel Hunden; 04-13-2007 at 10:52 AM.

  8. #88
    General Mota's! stevegrizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Around Tampa , FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    378

    mid blue
    99 m6 z28

    Still missing one part to this equation: You are not running 11's.

  9. #89
    CO Fastest V6 FBody Teufel Hunden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Age
    35
    Posts
    251

    Arctic White
    1998 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    Still missing one part to this equation: You are not running 11's.
    Not every stock LS1 car with a shot of nitrous runs 11s.

    Only because of the lack of a stutter box. Being a 5 speed car, i can't build boost off the line, and my 60' suffers. But also, that 12.4 @ 114 run was done at 15psi with a 10% methanol injection mix. Now i'm running 19psi with pure methanol. The addition of a stutterbox, will put me over the edge, as i'm already making the power to run mid 11s. That's the advantage the turbo gives me. I just turn up the boost controller, and i've gone from a 13 second car to a 12... etc. for the same price.
    Last edited by Teufel Hunden; 04-13-2007 at 11:18 AM.

  10. #90
    General Mota's! stevegrizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Around Tampa , FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    378

    mid blue
    99 m6 z28

    You are running 19 psi on a stock 3.8, I guess the meth inj helps but that still damned impressive. However you still lost the argument, You most definately can get a LS1 into the 11's; that has already been proven and you have yet to produce that elusive eleven second time slip.

    Don't get me wrong, I think its cool and unique to mod a V6 like you are doing and never once did I bash that. I just think that making a statement like its cheaper to make a v6 fbod faster than a v8 is absurd.

    If you like modding your car for whatever reason thats fine, but you shouldnt feel the need to justify modding your car by saying that I was a better Idea than starting with a v8 in the first place. I totally understand why you like turbo cars as I myself own a highly modded (but not that fast) Eclipse, and I am sincerely impressed with what you have done with your car.

  11. #91
    CO Fastest V6 FBody Teufel Hunden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Age
    35
    Posts
    251

    Arctic White
    1998 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    You are running 19 psi on a stock 3.8, I guess the meth inj helps but that still damned impressive. However you still lost the argument, You most definately can get a LS1 into the 11's; that has already been proven and you have yet to produce that elusive eleven second time slip.

    Don't get me wrong, I think its cool and unique to mod a V6 like you are doing and never once did I bash that. I just think that making a statement like its cheaper to make a v6 fbod faster than a v8 is absurd.

    If you like modding your car for whatever reason thats fine, but you shouldnt feel the need to justify modding your car by saying that I was a better Idea than starting with a v8 in the first place. I totally understand why you like turbo cars as I myself own a highly modded (but not that fast) Eclipse, and I am sincerely impressed with what you have done with your car.

    I didn't say it was a better idea to start with a V6 as opposed to a V8. What i said was it's not always the cheapest, or best route. Especially when you compare it to a V8 swap into a V6 (which is pretty expensive, overall). Coming into the v6 section, in a thread about what times people are pulling and telling people the "best thing they can do" is sell their car and get a loan for a V8 is just as absurd as anything else.

    But also what we were really arguing was potential. Like i said, not every LS1 will run 11s with a shot of nitrous... there are too many factors involved (driver, track prep, DA, the car itself... etc). Just like not every V6 with a turbo will run 11s. Potentially, both cars could do 11s, looking at power production alone. There are some nitrous V6s out there running high 11s on 100-150 shots. Also, power production and track times are two different things. There are cars that run 11.9 @ 131 mph, and there are cars that run 11.9 @ 118. Talking about who can get into the 11s isn't the most accurate measure of the potential of a car, because some stock cars can't live up to theirs. Take the C6 (non Z06) for example. A guy managed to run 11s in his with just a set of DRs. Very few (if any) people have also managed this. So there it shows, potentially a new C6 can run 11s, but most will not.
    Last edited by Teufel Hunden; 04-14-2007 at 10:43 AM.

  12. #92
    General Mota's! stevegrizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Around Tampa , FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    378

    mid blue
    99 m6 z28

    Dude, youre friggen hialrious. What a joke.

  13. #93
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    20

    Dark Metallic Blue
    1987 Turbo Limited Regal

    11.30 @ 121 in my 3.8...hoping for high 10's this year!!

    Bob
    Last edited by 87LtdT; 04-20-2007 at 06:37 PM.

  14. #94
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    tx
    Posts
    3

    Talking

    LOL

    hi gang..heheehe.
    it looks like the usual v6 bashing going on in this thread..lol (go figure).

    thread topic went south..
    the little v6 is a great platform to tinker with, especially on our budget minded youth,

    there's a bunch of strong running fbody 3.8's out there, many dont bother with forums because of the redicule(sp?) that usually happens when modding a v6 topic arises like whats happened here.

    opinions vary, i've been the ls v8 route, and i have ALOT more fun tinkering with the 6'er.
    as of recent, say the past 3-4yrs there have been several improvements in the aftermarket for them, including tuning software which was probably this single biggest wall that was incountered in the past.

    many of the v6 owners have pioneered several areas making the 6 quite impressive, generating a wider range of aftermarket support which until recent was none existent.

    :::end of personal opinion comments:::

    for on topic:

    v6 -
    daily driver, full weight/optioned
    253h/262tq NA (stock unlocked verter)
    mid 11's with ease on the hose.

    peace, and have a great day.

  15. #95
    Junior Member johnh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15

    Some kind of Orange
    2002 TA WS6, 2004 GTP WS6

    Does my 3.8 count?

    Its not in a f-body..though its a Grand Prix.

    But 306whp, 13.3@105 (street tires, pump gas), I would say isn't too shabby for my 6 cylinder family car...

    Several V8's have fallen victim....so a modded v6 can definately be fun.
    John
    2002 Trans Am WS6 SOM ASC#9157, A4, Volant CAI, 3.73s, Borla, HP Tuners; 13.20@107
    2004 GP GTP CompG WS6 FOM, XP Cam, Headers, CAI, 3.0 Pulley; 13.3@105 (street trim/tires) & 306whp

  16. #96
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    tx
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by johnh View Post
    so a modded v6 can definately be fun.



    yep.

  17. #97
    Member Boosted89rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    jamesburg
    Posts
    155

    blue
    89 Camaro RS

    not the same generation but
    car = 800
    motor rebuild = 500
    custom turbo system 800
    + another 1k in misc other pieces i.e converter/gears etc
    look on ppls faces when it blasts down the track in the mid 12 sec range = priceless
    so out the window goes ur its cheaper to swap to a v8

    btw somone needs to post up a video of andrews 11.7 run
    or the fact that another 3.8 f-body non tta just went 9.5 though there is a bit of money in that car

    89 RS 3.1L v6 1LE suspension,wonderbar ,3way drag shocks ,(iroc taillights,gauge cluster,steering wheel,rims)
    t67 turbo 27+ psi,100 wetshot,and a 4500 converter

  18. #98
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    tx
    Posts
    3
    boosted....im totally diggin your avatar...nice!

  19. #99
    Member MegaMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    woodbridge, nj
    Age
    31
    Posts
    250

    green
    95 firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    This is my last post in here so you can call me a dumbass or whatever makes you feel better, but at the end of the day remember:
    You are modding an engine with probably 30% of the potential of an ls1 factory vs factory.

  20. #100
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    Ok, well you persist on being a cocksucker so here you go.

    Honestly, I didn't say one owrd up until this point bashing anyone of anything but you sir deserve to be lined up and shot in the head, good day.


    Damn, I busted out laughing three times on this thread.

    Lakewood, a damn fool whose posts crack me up, said "GET A V8" immediately.

    Somebody else whose name isn't coming to me right now said, "fast enough to beat fart can civics"

    And Steve's failed attempt to end his posts after saying, "this is my last post." Teufel Hunden's badgering and constant hemorroidal comments brought him right back into the mix.

    I LOVE THIS BOARD!

    BTW, V6's rock! When they got a turbo that is.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New Times
    By c5z28 in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-08-2009, 09:14 AM
  2. 00+ Z28 1/4 times
    By acessdenyd in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 03:43 PM
  3. New Times
    By ur jlus in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 09:55 PM
  4. what times for my 97 ss
    By camaro_ss_97_ in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-01-2006, 07:58 PM
  5. New Best Times
    By jay98ta in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 10:29 PM

Members who have read this thread: 1

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •