Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    2000pontiac6

What are your 3.8 times?

Ok so this section hasnt gotten any action in a long time... What are youre 3.8l times? I'm especially interested in N/A cars. Hell 3.4l too. My best was 15.34 with a near full tank of gas and my heavy tt2s. I have a k&n filter and whisper lid along with coated pacesetters(that are leaking) that go into 3" hi-flow cat and magnaflow cat-back
    Last edited by 2000pontiac6; 02-21-2007 at 12:22 PM.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000pontiac6 View Post
    Ok so this section hasnt gotten any action in a long time... What are youre 3.8l times? I'm especially interested in N/A cars. Hell 3.4l too. My best was 15.34 with a near full tank of gas and my heavy tt2s. I have a k&n filter and whisper lid along with coated pacesetters(that are leaking) that go into 3" hi-flow cat and magnaflow cat-back
    you could prob pull a high 14 sec pass..if u fixed the leak, and lightened ur car a bit...

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

15.34 isnt that bad, good enough to pick on most rice. Lighten up the car and throw a 100 shot on nitrous on the car and you will be runnin low 14s

2000pontiac6
    I'm hoping to do something this summer whether it be nitrous or hopefully forced induction

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I'm hoping to do something this summer whether it be nitrous or hopefully forced induction
    do nitrous w/ the v6 you pay for the kit by hustling mustangs lol

Lakewood
    Get a V8....

2000pontiac6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post
    Get a V8....
    Um no. Ive put to much into my 6 and i'm in college right now so no. I'd actually prefer making my 6 faster then an 8 with the turbo set up I may do this summer

It figures youre the one that made the WS6 rice thread
    Last edited by 2000pontiac6; 02-21-2007 at 05:16 PM.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

nitrous is a power adder you can turn on and off, which is good for v6 because you get v8 power with v6 gas mileage. Forced induction cost a lot of money, and if your anything like me its not to easy for guys our age to get a hold of.

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

Um no. Ive put to much into my 6 and i'm in college right now so no. I'd actually prefer making my 6 faster then an 8 with the turbo set up I may do this summer

It figures youre the one that made the WS6 rice thread
    Your going to keep dumping money into it. And by the time you spend all that money on the turbo, your going to be sitting at the same speed as a stock ls1.

2000pontiac6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Your going to keep dumping money into it. And by the time you spend all that money on the turbo, your going to be sitting at the same speed as a stock ls1.
    As dumb as it may sound my car has sentimental value and the way i see it is if i sold mine for an 8 i'd have to pay just as much extra if not more then if i just turbo charged it. I know i should have started with a v8 and in some ways i regret it but at teh time i basically jumped on the first bird i found which i know wasnt too smart. Junior year of high school all set for a car i couldnt wait. Junior year a buddy (senior) had a 98 ta but senior year i still say my car owned in looks haha

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

I bought my z28 for 9,500... 55k miles and its like brand new.

2000pontiac6
    I bought my z28 for 9,500... 55k miles and its like brand new.
    Yeah I spent 9 grand on my 2000 v6 I guess now 3 years ago... sucks if I just waited I could have got a v8

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

hey you know what, i had to wait 2 months to find the deal.. Its all about waiting and not getting exited over every car you see haha i wanted to get so many others but when this one came up i knew thats the best deal i could get

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Yeah, and that's damned impressive. Fast is relative, how would you feel if my 100 shot ++++ 3.8 took down your bolt-on LS1?

Fact of the matter is that some people like to mod v6 cars because it's slightly more exclusive, more difficult and more fun than modding a v8 that everybody and their dog knows is already bad ass from the factory. Personally, I don't want a 10-sec car. I want something unique that I built up myself through my own ingenuity and that's far more important than beating other cars; sure it's fun to do but if that's the only reason you mod then maybe you just think a little bit differently than I do.

2000pontiac6
    Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    Yeah, and that's damned impressive. Fast is relative, how would you feel if my 100 shot ++++ 3.8 took down your bolt-on LS1?

Fact of the matter is that some people like to mod v6 cars because it's slightly more exclusive, more difficult and more fun than modding a v8 that everybody and their dog knows is already bad ass from the factory. Personally, I don't want a 10-sec car. I want something unique that I built up myself through my own ingenuity and that's far more important than beating other cars; sure it's fun to do but if that's the only reason you mod then maybe you just think a little bit differently than I do.
    well said

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

sorry to say this but do you have any supporting mods on the six, because you wouldnt beat a bolt on LS1 with a stock v6+ a 100 shot. Stock v6s have 200 fly wheel horse or arond 170-180rwhp. so with a 100 shot you would be around 270-280 rwhp, no match for a ''bolt on'' LS1. Just numbers not trying to start a fight.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    sorry to say this but do you have any supporting mods on the six, because you wouldnt beat a bolt on LS1 with a stock v6+ a 100 shot. Stock v6s have 200 fly wheel horse or arond 170-180rwhp. so with a 100 shot you would be around 270-280 rwhp, no match for a ''bolt on'' LS1. Just numbers not trying to start a fight.

With the cutout closed, much less the spray, the other day I took down a 2001 Mustang GT. Easily. I'm not claiming to wax the road with LS1 cars, but it's more of a hypothetical question I suppose. How would you feel if that did happen? I, at this point, have yet to find an LS1 car who wanted to run me on the spray. I doubt if I could win such a race without at least a cam and right now I'm stock motor with intake & exhaust, weight redux, extensive dyno tuning, aluminum DS and several other smaller mods. Soooo... that wasn't really meaning to brag or anything but it's more to explain the goals and pride of the v6 community. We enjoy modding our cars.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

With the cutout closed, much less the spray, the other day I took down a 2001 Mustang GT. Easily. I'm not claiming to wax the road with LS1 cars, but it's more of a hypothetical question I suppose. How would you feel if that did happen? I, at this point, have yet to find an LS1 car who wanted to run me on the spray. I doubt if I could win such a race without at least a cam and right now I'm stock motor with intake & exhaust, weight redux, extensive dyno tuning, aluminum DS and several other smaller mods. Soooo... that wasn't really meaning to brag or anything but it's more to explain the goals and pride of the v6 community. We enjoy modding our cars.
    Im just saying you would have your hands full with a bolt on LT1 car, 01' GTs are completely pussy w/ 260 fly wheel horse. Im glad you have a quick v6 that runs 14s thats great but a bolt on LS1 is a completely different story.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    Im just saying you would have your hands full with a bolt on LT1 car, 01' GTs are completely pussy w/ 260 fly wheel horse. Im glad you have a quick v6 that runs 14s thats great but a bolt on LS1 is a completely different story.
    It runs 14's NA and handicapped. You're underestimating me.

3.4l's of sex.....

green
    93' Camaro

first mod

knn cold air intake. very noticable differance. exciting

p.s. very new gear head were talking here.

Thread Information