Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

What are your 3.8 times?

This is a discussion on What are your 3.8 times? within the V6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by ndt/oos knn cold air intake. very noticable differance. exciting p.s. very new gear head were talking here. ...

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by ndt/oos View Post
    knn cold air intake. very noticable differance. exciting

p.s. very new gear head were talking here.

Excuse me, I've owned this car 5 years and been modding it the entire time. I've carefully selected the modifications that I have made and I've gotten great results. So thanks, but your clarification is not needed.

Let me spell it out for you: My car, in its present form, makes roughly 200 rwhp. Open the cutout and the dyno numbers prove it jumps about 10, so call it 210 BEFORE I spray the 100 shot. A great dyno from a stock LS1 car is 325, most of them especially automatics have a hard time breaking the 290 mark. I know, I've seen them go 350 too, but I also saw a really low one on an auto that hit 267 so don't give me that crap. Assuming an average automatic trans LS1 car making 290 rwhp has an intake and catback exhaust, you can call it roughly 310 (very roughly... that's a steep gain for intake and exhaust) which puts me pretty fckin close to that car. Factor in some 2.73 gears and I'm in front with my 3.42's. Then there's the fact that Trans Ams and Camaro SS's outweigh my car.

I really don't think you have room to be talking all of this shit.

3.4l's of sex.....

green
    93' Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    It runs 14's NA and handicapped. You're underestimating me.
    whats na stand for?

3.4l's of sex.....

green
    93' Camaro

Excuse me, I've owned this car 5 years and been modding it the entire time. I've carefully selected the modifications that I have made and I've gotten great results. So thanks, but your clarification is not needed.

Let me spell it out for you: My car, in its present form, makes roughly 200 rwhp. Open the cutout and the dyno numbers prove it jumps about 10, so call it 210 BEFORE I spray the 100 shot. A great dyno from a stock LS1 car is 325, most of them especially automatics have a hard time breaking the 290 mark. I know, I've seen them go 350 too, but I also saw a really low one on an auto that hit 267 so don't give me that crap. Assuming an average automatic trans LS1 car making 290 rwhp has an intake and catback exhaust, you can call it roughly 310 (very roughly... that's a steep gain for intake and exhaust) which puts me pretty fckin close to that car. Factor in some 2.73 gears and I'm in front with my 3.42's. Then there's the fact that Trans Ams and Camaro SS's outweigh my car.

you talkin to me???? i didnt do anything?? you have to be talking to someone else.

2000pontiac6

I think he was talking about himself not you. In the thread below he says hes new to cars.

2000pontiac6
    Quote Originally Posted by ndt/oos View Post
    whats na stand for?
    Naturally Aspired(sp?). It means no power adders like nitrous or super/turbo chargers

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by 2000pontiac6 View Post
    I think he was talking about himself not you. In the thread below he says hes new to cars.
    Whoops. I'm just so used to v8 drivers wanting to rag on me that I guess I assumed that was what was going on even though it wasn't. Sorry to be so

It did kinda look like he was tryin to call me a newb, tho, didn't it? Maybe I'm just nutz.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

It runs 14's NA and handicapped. You're underestimating me.
    im not underestimating you, a stock Lt1 runs 14s NA all day long so you would have your hands full with a modded one.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Have you had your car on a Dyno? Or is your 210rwhp a guess

red
    99 Firebird

I run consistant 15.4's, only mods are K&N and cat back. The car is a 99 and is an auto. Hey go for the turbo set up man, enjoy your car, the way I see it there is always going to be something faster that we "Wish" we could have. You got a hot car and like working on it. ENJOY!

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    im not underestimating you, a stock Lt1 runs 14s NA all day long so you would have your hands full with a modded one.
    A cammed one, maybe. I've hit a dyno, yes. That mustang I took out the other day has recorded a best of 14.5, btw just to give you an idea. Yeah he's a pussy, but I've got better than that to start with AND a 100 shot. And, 260 isn't that much different from 325.

I've also seen LT1s run mid 15's stock.

How much time do you think a 100 shot would take off of the 1/4 mile time of an average car? I've seen people guess roughly .1 per 10 hp of n2o so why don't we say 1 sec. So, my car is probably capable of, on a great day, running a low 13. Sounds pretty close to what a lightly modded LS1 would run, doesn't it?

You're right, the LS1 is a powerful engine... but that isn't all that matters once again, and I think a v6 car capable of 13's is definitely more fun than a v8 so it doesn't really matter which car runs faster, does it? I'll mod my 6, you do your thing with the 8... we'll both have fun so

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Have you had your car on a Dyno? Or is your 210rwhp a guess
    The dyno was during my tune, before my aluminum driveshaft was installed. #'s were 194.8 and 205.4, cutout closed on the first one and open on the 2nd. Assuming a 4-5 hp gain from the shaft is the only possible mistake I'm making.

AND MY #'s will jump roughly 90-110 hp when I open the bottle.. putting me anywhere from 300-320 at the WHEELS. A cammed LT1 has a hard time producing that much power without a host of supporting mods, and my car isn't even cammed yet. From what I've seen the LT1's take down the GT's on low end, but on the highway they're pretty comparable. Granted I was riding in the LT1 and the GT that beat us didn't have a passenger.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

A cammed one, maybe. I've hit a dyno, yes. That mustang I took out the other day has recorded a best of 14.5, btw just to give you an idea. Yeah he's a pussy, but I've got better than that to start with AND a 100 shot. And, 260 isn't that much different from 325.

I've also seen LT1s run mid 15's stock.

Ask anyone on this site most Lt1s run 14s easy all day long, its not a problem for the newer ones to hit high 13s. Lt1 have a tons of torque.

AND 260 isnt much different than 325 are you serious?

325hp
    -260hp
    65hp

65hp is a huge difference

p.s.
    Im glad to hear you having good time modding your car keep up the good work

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Ask anyone on this site most Lt1s run 14s easy all day long, its not a problem for the newer ones to hit high 13s. Lt1 have a tons of torque.

AND 260 isnt much different than 325 are you serious?

325hp
    -260hp
    65hp

65hp is a huge difference

p.s.
    Im glad to hear you having good time modding your car keep up the good work
    65 hp is a big difference... but in the grand scheme of things, if you easily smoke a car with 260 hp you're probably going to be closing in on the car with 325.. especially if you add 100 hp inbetween.

Yeah im with you on your ps though, these threads always seem to get somewhat polemical and i hate to sound like an asshole. LS1s are bad ass cars and I'm glad you have one... as much as I enjoy modding my 6 banger the car I originally set out to buy just happens to be that LS1.

You seem to have a lot more respect for LT1s than anybody I've really seen before... consensus in the past has been that they're pretty much overgrown v6 cars until you get that power adder in there. Anyway, take it easy and enjoy your bad ass f-body

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

Umm right. Im trying tell the kid whats worth his money.. not puting 3k into his v6 to make it the same as a ls1. Have fun putting nitrous into you v6 though.. Let me know when you blow your motor.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Umm right. Im trying tell the kid whats worth his money.. not puting 3k into his v6 to make it the same as a ls1. Have fun putting nitrous into you v6 though.. Let me know when you blow your motor.
    So he needs to put that 3k into his ls1 to make it faster than all the other ls1's? Or is it more about what he likes, what he thinks is cool and unique? You want to steer him away from a v6, that's fine and obvious because you have an ls1. I have a v6 and a good time modding it... and as far as blowing the motor... well, we've got guys who have run over 100 bottles through this lil 3.8, these things are just damned near bulletproof even if they aren't completely idiot proof. Stick with your LS1 because if you tried to mod a 3.8 you might lack the technical knowledge to make it work right, god forbid having a learning experience lol

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

Im sorry id rather stick with the ls1 its way better motor than the 3.8 will ever be.

2000pontiac6
    I made this thread to discuss 3.8 times. In no where did it say should i get an ls1 so please cut it out its annoying

I made this thread to discuss 3.8 times. In no where did it say should i get an ls1 so please cut it out its annoying
    And if youve noticed, no one has chimed in except 1-2(?)

Modding a v-6 to be different depends on the model. The Supra has a v-6. How about a GN, it has a V-6. Why not get a different car with a v-8?

It sounds kinda silly to put all that money into a car with low potential. Sorry, but it sounds like its related to rice to me.

Its your car, but $10 says you wont have the car in 5 years. Youll either forget this hobby or move on to bigger and better things.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    And if youve noticed, no one has chimed in except 1-2(?)

Modding a v-6 to be different depends on the model. The Supra has a v-6. How about a GN, it has a V-6. Why not get a different car with a v-8?

It sounds kinda silly to put all that money into a car with low potential. Sorry, but it sounds like its related to rice to me.

Its your car, but $10 says you wont have the car in 5 years. Youll either forget this hobby or move on to bigger and better things.
    The Supra has an inline 6 not a v6

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

Im sorry

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information