Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

TT halted ugh but yay.....

This is a discussion on TT halted ugh but yay..... within the V6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Smittro Bring a bottle 80 proof or better. Not much beer gets drank here lol.. you'd be ...

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Bring a bottle 80 proof or better. Not much beer gets drank here lol..
    you'd be proud of me, Few weekends ago, i started drinkin at noon, finished off a handle of 100 proof morgan by the end of the night..... drunken shit show is all that was... couldn't even get into my bed thats like 4ft high.....

other night we made Hot Apple Pie (gal apple cider, gal apple juice, 3 cups of sugar, cinamin sticks and a liter of everclear...) Me and a buddy took down one gallon in a night and i ended up under a SUV for some reason, puking, and passed out

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    you'd be proud of me, Few weekends ago, i started drinkin at noon, finished off a handle of 100 proof morgan by the end of the night..... drunken shit show is all that was... couldn't even get into my bed thats like 4ft high.....

other night we made Hot Apple Pie (gal apple cider, gal apple juice, 3 cups of sugar, cinamin sticks and a liter of everclear...) Me and a buddy took down one gallon in a night and i ended up under a SUV for some reason, puking, and passed out
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

yea not good, not even a little bit, just go check out my facebook note, its a weekly updated list of shit we got into the nights before.....

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Update.. Well everything came to a ginding halt. I had an issue with a few of the head bolts. So I pulled them out to inspect what was the cause.. Found glass bead media in some of the head bolt holes from the bead blaster. Spooked, I pulled it all apart to inspect everything for more of the media I may have missed. I'm going to wash the block again and start over. Should only take a little time to get it back to the point I had it before this. I will keep yall posted.. Live and learn I guess..

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Ouch! Good thing you found it before getting to the point of turning the key. Any reason you chose glass bead over walnut shells? I like the look that glass beads leave, same with you?

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Ouch! Good thing you found it before getting to the point of turning the key. Any reason you chose glass bead over walnut shells? I like the look that glass beads leave, same with you?
    Yup I like it too. The machines they use, one uses glass, and the other steel shot. I figured the steel shot would be too harsh on mating surfaces. Glass does a beutiful job on iron and is less harsh. But it definetly spooked me. Bolt holes 2,5,6 (right bank) had glass media in them. On my third pass something just felt funny. So just out of curiosity I made a 4th just to check if I was going nuts and those three turned again on the same torque setting then stopped. Sure enough pull the head and the gasket had begun to walk. So as soon as I get the heads back from being checked to make sure they're still true it's back to the drawing board. No harm no foul tho I can live with catching the mistake sooner than later. It would have been a mess that only would have been caught after a fire up and an initial run down the road. By then there would have been oil and coolant fixed everywhere. Since my turbines are oil cooled it would have possibly taken both of them too.. Can we say, phew!!
    Last edited by Smittro; 12-16-2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

why do you say fwhp isnt it rwd???

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Haha tin can cars. Ever see what happens when they hit a tree @ 60mph?
    Reminds me of busting open a pinyatah(sp) with a hand grenade, shit flies everywhere.lol
    I had a Honda pull up next to me last night on my way back from a club and we were at a light and he kept revving his engine and he looked at me wanting to race and I wasn't in the mood. Well this little shit took off, but he left his fart can muffler behind!!!! LMAO I pulled up next to m
    him at the light and rolled down my window and told him to listen to his car now. I was like "Your shitty muffler fell off when you gunned it back there." Needless to say I laughed my ass of the whole way home.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    why do you say fwhp isnt it rwd???
    Because a North American z34 is not rear wheel drive..
    Quote Originally Posted by transamgirl89 View Post
    I had a Honda pull up next to me last night on my way back from a club and we were at a light and he kept revving his engine and he looked at me wanting to race and I wasn't in the mood. Well this little shit took off, but he left his fart can muffler behind!!!! LMAO I pulled up next to m
    him at the light and rolled down my window and told him to listen to his car now. I was like "Your shitty muffler fell off when you gunned it back there." Needless to say I laughed my ass of the whole way home.

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Because a North American z34 is not rear wheel drive..

my side literally hurt when I finally stopped laughing.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

oh i thought you were talking about a camaro my b

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

oh i thought you were talking about a camaro my b
    Both lol. TT for the z34, and blower for the Camaro..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

This:

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

thats a pretty bad ass z34 how much did you pick it up for

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Talking

thats a pretty bad ass z34 how much did you pick it up for
    Thanx!
    I've had her for about 5 years now. I grabbed her from a bunch of yoyo's whom did'nt know how to fix it. So when it quit running right over a simple EGR they just parked it. I went and bought and EGR valve before I even made an offer. I went back the next day told them I'd give them nomore than $1800 for a car that did'nt run. Of coures they jumped on that price (car was worth 2600 book in good condition) like vultures.. Pretty sure they thought I was an idiot.. They were'nt laughing much when I fixed it inside of 10 min. and fired it up in their driveway. It was garage kept till they could'nt figure out how to keep it running. So they pushed it outside and let it just sit there.. Car had less than 100k on it back then.. The TDC scares alot of folks I think because of its complexity and the fact that few mechanics will either touch it or know how to work on one around here anymore.. A few of the more modern motors such as the Caddy Northstar owe their existance to the Twin Dual Cam. (TDC)
    Last edited by Smittro; 02-20-2010 at 06:36 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Funniest part is when folks tell me it's too big to be fast.. BS, the car is only a grand total of 6 inches longer than my Camaro, and only has about 300 lbs over it as well.. It had no trouble keeping up and eventually passing my Camaro when the TDC was totally stock. After a full custom built exhaust, new ECM and stage 3 chip and some timing adjustments, custom built true CAI and a bunch of other goodies it ran rings around the Camaro. My wife was afraid of it cause it could break traction between 30-40 mph As far as I can tell through a sh&t ton of research there is no one out there whom has done a TT TDC setup. A few have built single turbo TDC's but none have attempted to do what I'm doing to her.. There's nearly no after market for the engine so a whole sh&t ton of one offs has to be made for this project, I ran out of time before the winter and work has had me almost completely booked sold this winter. So I've had to stop for now, and only take on smaller projects that I can get done relatively quickly.. Rught now I've started a full top-end refreash on the Camaro. Later anfter the TDC is complete she will move into her old bay and get preped for a blower..
    Last edited by Smittro; 02-20-2010 at 06:53 PM.

Onyx Black
    2002 Camaro Vert Z28

hows the TT setup going? sorry been a while since I been on lol

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by 35th02Z28 View Post
    hows the TT setup going? sorry been a while since I been on lol
    I've been so busy with work. TT project has all but stopped for now. The Camaro popped a lower intake gasket so it's the current project right now.. Welcome back.

Onyx Black
    2002 Camaro Vert Z28

I've been so busy with work. TT project has all but stopped for now. The Camaro popped a lower intake gasket so it's the current project right now.. Welcome back.
    that sucks when you going to be able to get that done?

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by 35th02Z28 View Post
    that sucks when you going to be able to get that done?
    Well if work ever lets up I'll be good to go on it. I also have a 2-1/2 year old getting special instruction 4 days a week. But I'd like to be done with it by summer for obvious reasons (track is open for test and tune and such).

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information