Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 357

TT halted ugh but yay.....

This is a discussion on TT halted ugh but yay..... within the V6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; You're a mad man.......

  1. #61
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    You're a mad man....

  2. #62
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    You're a mad man....
    hehehe

  3. #63
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,567

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Damn! I thought I was the man after I built a time delay for an alarm system and soldered a new LCD display into my Sony headunit a few years back. But after looking at your work...

  4. #64
    Member 35th02Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    Age
    26
    Posts
    137

    Onyx Black
    2002 Camaro Vert Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I love the TDC v6 mostly because it is rare to see them with a turbo, and I've never come across one that was a TT. It's probably the only 90s' v6 exclusively built by Chevrolet, rather than it being a buick, pontiac, olds, and so forth. Chevy built them from concept to production. So it's an all chevy motor going into a chevy.
    The engines were used exclusivly in w-body production cars and nowhere else. Only in Z34 for chevy, and in 92 if I remeber correctly out of maybe 100,000 luminas, only 82-8400 were Z34's. Any 5 spd is rare since they went all auto in about 94. The transmissions were Muncie Getrag 284. Since Pontiac stopped producing the Fiero, the 284 Muncie getrag, was also exclusive to the w-body platform. But some of the "little" 3.4 TDC tech lives on to this day.
    When you hear the words "North Star" think TDC....
    north star is the motor they put in cadillacs right?

  5. #65
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th02Z28 View Post
    north star is the motor they put in cadillacs right?
    Yes. Some of its tech and things they learned can be traced back to the TDC v6.

    The TDC v6..
    Last edited by Smittro; 09-15-2009 at 12:02 AM.

  6. #66
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Damn! I thought I was the man after I built a time delay for an alarm system and soldered a new LCD display into my Sony headunit a few years back. But after looking at your work...
    LOL I have'nt gotten to the LCD yet. But I have a touchscreen LCD for the computer I've just built too. It's a little more plug and play, but it has to be mounted, and some kind of shell has to be made for it yet aswell. Thanx for the interest too.

    Below is the LCD from my 3rd page of this built post.

    Click for full size
    Last edited by Smittro; 09-15-2009 at 12:34 AM.

  7. #67
    Member 35th02Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    Age
    26
    Posts
    137

    Onyx Black
    2002 Camaro Vert Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Yes. Some of it tech and things they learned can be traced back to the TDC v6.

    The TDC v6..
    oh k nice write up though very informative,didn't know those 3.4's put that much to the flywheel

  8. #68
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th02Z28 View Post
    oh k nice write up though very informative,didn't know those 3.4's put that much to the flywheel
    yeah the potential is definetly there with the TDC (Twin Duel Cam). Most people I know do'nt know much about them. With little to no after market people usually do'nt mess with them. Too hard to work on, and expensive. GTP231 here @ the site knows quite a bit about them though. Right Carpy?lol
    I figure he'll be around sooner or later lol..
    Forced Fire bird has a sick (good) TT build going too. His is a 3.4,3.5 single cam v6 hybrid. Lots of custom work too..

    Anyway,

    Example of the after market for the TDC to just name a few:

    After market cams= none
    Headers= none
    Performance Intake manifold= none
    After market TB= none
    OBD1 chips = there are a few companies that make them, I used the Hypertech stage 3 with my old setup.
    if someone was planning to build one of these awesome little power plants, they should be prepared to spend $$$.
    For big power apps you're looking @ a bunch of one off stuff. Cams can be recut but few shops will do it.
    The shops around here generally wont touch the TDC, mostly it's getting harder and harder to find folks that know how to work on them. Or they just plain wont due to it's notorious complexity.

    But long story short the sound of a well tuned TDC and a custom exhaust @ 7200 rpm is something to hear. Cant be described by me other than (as the article states) a screamer. I was tuned to come out of first @ 7100rpm, and the looks I got when passing a ricer @ those levels was priceless. I'd been asked a hundred or so times if I had a v8 under the hood lol.
    Last edited by Smittro; 09-18-2009 at 10:05 PM.

  9. #69
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Just thought I'd add.

    Here's the Touch Screen LCD connected to the ECM. It's the largest LCD they carry for the module.

  10. #70
    Member 35th02Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    Age
    26
    Posts
    137

    Onyx Black
    2002 Camaro Vert Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    yeah the potential is definetly there with the TDC (Twin Duel Cam). Most people I know do'nt know much about them. With little to no after market people usually do'nt mess with them. Too hard to work on, and expensive. GTP231 here @ the site knows quite a bit about them though. Right Carpy?lol
    I figure he'll be around sooner or later lol..
    Forced Fire bird has a sick (good) TT build going too. His is a 3.4,3.5 single cam v6 hybrid. Lots of custom work too..

    Anyway,

    Example of the after market for the TDC to just name a few:

    After market cams= none
    Headers= none
    Performance Intake manifold= none
    After market TB= none
    OBD1 chips = there are a few companies that make them, I used the Hypertech stage 3 with my old setup.
    if someone was planning to build one of these awesome little power plants, they should be prepared to spend $$$.
    For big power apps you're looking @ a bunch of one off stuff. Cams can be recut butt few shops will do it.
    The shops around here generally wont touch the TDC, mostly it's getting harder and harder to find folks that know how to work on them. Or they just plain wont due to it's notorious complexity.

    But long story short the sound of a well tuned TDC and a custom exhaust @ 7200 rpm is something to hear. Cant be described by me other than (as the article states) a screamer. I was tuned to come out of first @ 7100rpm, and the looks I got when passing a ricer @ those levels was priceless. I'd been asked a hundred or so times if I had a v8 under the hood lol.
    ya lol ricers aren't the smartest guys on the block especially the honda guys who think V-tech's are the best thing on the planet. But when you get this done its going to be funny to see when you beat a LS1 or a stang lol

  11. #71
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th02Z28 View Post
    ya lol ricers aren't the smartest guys on the block especially the honda guys who think V-tech's are the best thing on the planet. But when you get this done its going to be funny to see when you beat a LS1 or a stang lol
    Haha I was playin' with some sideways hat punk in a poorly tuned Honda Civic the other day with my Camaro. He was blowing black smoke out the fart can lol. He had this huge tack mounted to the pillar that was so big it was in his field of veiw. He would punch it and I'd just drive right up to his door and look over @ him laughing my ass off while bouncing my nose in second. It was f'in funny. He say's "I need a tune!" I yelled, you do'nt need a tune you need an f'in car!

  12. #72
    Member 35th02Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    Age
    26
    Posts
    137

    Onyx Black
    2002 Camaro Vert Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Haha I was playin' with some sideways hat punk in a poorly tuned Honda Civic the other day with my Camaro. He was blowing black smoke out the fart can lol. He had this huge tack mounted to the pillar that was so big it was in his field of veiw. He would punch it and I'd just drive right up to his door and look over @ him laughing my ass off while bouncing my nose in second. It was f'in funny. He say's "I need a tune!" I yelled, you do'nt need a tune you need an f'in car!
    those imports are the most annoying cars when they have a fart their even worse to ride in

  13. #73
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th02Z28 View Post
    those imports are the most annoying cars when they have a fart their even worse to ride in
    Haha tin can cars. Ever see what happens when they hit a tree @ 60mph?
    Reminds me of busting open a pinyatah(sp) with a hand grenade, shit flies everywhere.lol
    Last edited by Smittro; 09-15-2009 at 08:16 PM.

  14. #74
    Member 35th02Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    Age
    26
    Posts
    137

    Onyx Black
    2002 Camaro Vert Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Haha tin can cars. Ever see what happens when the hit a tree @ 60pmh?
    Reminds me of busting open a pinyatah(sp) with a hand grenade, shit flies everywhere.lol
    haha well I haven't really seen any hit a tree a before. But that doesn't sound very safe if that happens

  15. #75
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th02Z28 View Post
    haha well I haven't really seen any hit a tree a before. But that doesn't sound very safe if that happens
    It is'nt lol.
    Last edited by Smittro; 09-17-2009 at 12:31 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif


    Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

  16. #76
    Senior Member 1MileCrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin Rapids, WI
    Posts
    2,851

    Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

    looking for a getrag 284? they aren't cheap and they aren't plentiful...but there are a few out there...try here...

    www.car-parts.com

    they're on there goin from $250 up to $850 across the US.

  17. #77
    Senior Member 1MileCrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin Rapids, WI
    Posts
    2,851

    Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

    also i might mention that the 4t60e and the 4t60-ehd aren't all that different. i think it's the input shaft inside the trans is a little bit thicker and has a heavier duty bearing on it and some of the internal components are made out of hardened steel. that's about it though. you can actually build a tougher 4t60e with aftermarket parts than you can buy as the hd version from gm in say the early 90's olds 88 LSS.

  18. #78
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Thanks but i got a line on a couple right now. I also thought about building a 4t60e aswell..

  19. #79
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,567

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Thanks but i got a line on a couple right now. I also thought about building a 4t60e aswell..

    4T60E -- "T" as in transverse? Not familiar with this designation.

  20. #80
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    4T60E -- "T" as in transverse? Not familiar with this designation.
    LOL yes 4T60e is for frontwheel drive cars. The 92 Z-34 is a puller car.. The Muncie getrag 284 5spd is a w-body specific transaxle. Only one other car came with it Fiero.. Very hard to find. The 4t60e is a very weak auto trans, that is known for diff troubles. The TDC eats them stock wheather it's 200hp or the 215 hp motor. It's mostly due to the high reving nature of the TDC, aswell as a weak design.. I scattered my old one on the old tune of 265 fwhp..
    Last edited by Smittro; 09-26-2009 at 06:10 AM.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. NYSE Trades Halted and China Issues No Sell Policy
    By theorangeguy in forum Political / Debate Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 08:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •