Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 LastLast

TT halted ugh but yay.....

This is a discussion on TT halted ugh but yay..... within the V6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Smittro That's not an engine.. It's a god.. agreed... its a beast... most hilarous thing tho, guy ...

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    That's not an engine.. It's a god..
    agreed... its a beast... most hilarous thing tho, guy on a CBR 600 wanted to "see how it stacked up against a bigger bike" and as he pulled up to race hes like "just incase i do beat you, this isnt a stock 600" so i run him from a roll, and ate his lunch, second time i let him get take off just to run him down, and third time i just played with the throttle to stay next to him and completely destroy his pride.... turns out his not stock "a 14 tooth sproket" lmao

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    agreed... its a beast... most hilarous thing tho, guy on a CBR 600 wanted to "see how it stacked up against a bigger bike" and as he pulled up to race hes like "just incase i do beat you, this isnt a stock 600" so i run him from a roll, and ate his lunch, second time i let him get take off just to run him down, and third time i just played with the throttle to stay next to him and completely destroy his pride.... turns out his not stock "a 14 tooth sproket" lmao
    Haha My younger brother (Smitty) has a 07? CBR 600rr with a pipe and strait through muffler.. Thing runs sick, I have yet to see a Hya around..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Haha My younger brother (Smitty) has a 07? CBR 600rr with a pipe and strait through muffler.. Thing runs sick, I have yet to see a Hya around..
    lol yea if you think that runs..... the busas got a full header and Yoshi carbon fiber exhaust, among some other small things lol complete rape...

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

There were a pair running at the track a few weeks back -- incredible how fast those bikes are.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    There were a pair running at the track a few weeks back -- incredible how fast those bikes are.
    yea the cool thing about it its its heavy enough that it really wont wheelie if you dont want it to, even getting on it hard as long as your not popping the clutch its usually a buttercup, but at the same time if you want it to, i got it to jump up pretty good on the interstate next to the gf's dad in his camaro

White
    2008 Hummer H3

The time draws near.....

After numberous attempts to have a shop build a Muncie m19 and peice something together then fail after fail I finally got a break..

Durring that time I also searched for nearly 2 years to find the right Muncie 5spd to hold my project motor..

Located a brand new (not remaned) muncie 282 non-composite 5spd.. Highly saught after for it's use in drag racing.. After a small amount of bullet proofing here it is.. I won't give a time frame anymore on completion but I can taste it now..

Have a peek!

We started with the new unit..

After getting some internal work from the trany shop..

Hope you enjoyed.. Stay tuned, more to come..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-18-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Damn...that looks nice. Too bad that paint will be hidden once installed.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Damn...that looks nice. Too bad that paint will be hidden once installed.
    Actually there is so much being changed under the hood and relocated that the unit will be highly visible.. Tho the inside of the bell was done to combat corrosion mostly and you'll never see that part.. These are very light very strong compact pieces really.. ~67 lbs with fluid.. As aposed to the ~90+ lbs 4t60e auto dry.. There is so much stuff packed in the stock w-body engine bay that the auto is actually hard to see even tho it takes up 3x the area the Muncie will... It's going to look like a highly detailed and shinney meat grinder..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-18-2010 at 07:45 PM.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Very cool Smittro! Can't wait to see it.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Thank you Jeff! So close! Dare I say, "Carlisle here I come!"? As soon as I deside on a clutch and pick up some other little pieces/odds-ends.. I can moch the craddle then on to fab, and then lower the package in..:fingerscrossed:

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

What he said.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    What he said.
    I thank ya!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

If this car ends up running 13's I'm going to fly out there and mess with your toolbox.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    If this car ends up running 13's I'm going to fly out there and mess with your toolbox.
    yeah I got a claw hammer awaitin'..

13's maybe a stretch for my goals, but early J-bodies have seen 11's with stock Muncie 282 behind them.. I just had the cases checked for issues, and had the input shaft harded.. The 282 (as does the Muncie 284 5spd, and the m19 4spd fwd) input shaft has 1st gear machined dirrectly into it. With a 3.50:1 lst gear ratio I don't need a bent or twisted input shaft..lol

Muncie 282 ratio specs:

1st gear: 3.50:1
    2nd gear: 2.05:1
    3rd gear: 1.38:1
    4th gear: 0.94:1
    5th gear: 0.72:1
    Reverse: 3.41:1
    Final drive ratio: 3.61:1
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-18-2010 at 10:05 PM.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Slow or not I'm rooting for you. I swear though the foreplay is enough to make most woman say "get on with it already!"

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Slow or not I'm rooting for you. I swear though the foreplay is enough to make most woman say "get on with it already!"
    Lol, yeah just getting our ducks in a row is all.. The trany was the linch pin in the whole deal.. So hard to find the exact one I need/wanted.. There's like 20 different trannies that will bolt up to my motor but only 3 worth trying. All are muncie except the lone auto 4t80e. The thing is crazy huge and heavy tho.. I have heard many say that the 4t60e will hold plenty of power.. I will tell you Bullsh*t! There's no stock 4t60e that will hold 7-8k rpms all day.. First it will start to slip in second gear, then it will drop second all together.. Even the HD units are nothing short of a joke.. My stock LQ1 custom bolt ones and a chip blew the diff out, barfed the passenger CV joint out, then bled to death in my own parking lot.. Doing nothing but a pull to 7k durring 1 stinkin' burnout out!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Nothing like experience when it comes to one's own money. The gm class I am at has a ton of transmissions laying around. Some I'll never see because they got stored in boxes and hidden somewhere on campus. I might just try and find some of these 4t60e's you're talking about. Might even get to see what your talking about since some of these tranny's are donated for a "reason"

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I honestly don't know how fast it will be except way faster than stock lol ( mid-high 14 low 15's)... I guess I might get high 13's with 350hp or so to the the road being my goal.. But we'll see. I'm shaving weight where I can but have to add some of it back for extra strength to mounts and a power train craddle.. Traction will be my biggest issue if going for ET's..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Nothing like experience when it comes to one's own money. The gm class I am at has a ton of transmissions laying around. Some I'll never see because they got stored in boxes and hidden somewhere on campus. I might just try and find some of these 4t60e's you're talking about. Might even get to see what your talking about since some of these tranny's are donated for a "reason"
    Can't miss it.. The whole primary is covered by a huge stamped steel (cast aluminum on newer ones) pan/cover thing..lol

As soon as you open and pull clutch packs out of it you will see 70-80% of the friction material will be gone.. If it has much of second gear left I'd be surprised...
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-18-2010 at 10:50 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

4t60e

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 LastLast

Thread Information