Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718 LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 357

TT halted ugh but yay.....

This is a discussion on TT halted ugh but yay..... within the V6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; im still tryin to figure out if it would be beneficial to run my ac ducts into my intake lol...you ...

  1. #281
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am

    im still tryin to figure out if it would be beneficial to run my ac ducts into my intake lol...you know, cold air n what not?....i could turn the fan up high if i wanted to make some serious power lol

  2. #282
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    im still tryin to figure out if it would be beneficial to run my ac ducts into my intake lol...you know, cold air n what not?....i could turn the fan up high if i wanted to make some serious power lol

  3. #283
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    damn...

  4. #284
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    im still tryin to figure out if it would be beneficial to run my ac ducts into my intake lol...you know, cold air n what not?....i could turn the fan up high if i wanted to make some serious power lol

    Went to the Car Craft Super Street Meet at National Trail back in '96. There was a guy running a Buick GN with the AC plumbed into the intercooler.

  5. #285
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Went to the Car Craft Super Street Meet at National Trail back in '96. There was a guy running a Buick GN with the AC plumbed into the intercooler.
    Wow i had no clue that would really work.. Thnikin' about it, I guess I can see how it might work.. Tho that's a lot of extra piping for iffy gains..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif


    Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

  6. #286
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Wow i had no clue that would really work.. Thnikin' about it, I guess I can see how it might work.. Tho that's a lot of extra piping for iffy gains..
    Now that I really think about it. I remember a while back guys fabing throttle plates that could hold ice like a try.. Then watching them dump half a bag of ice into it beween runs..

  7. #287
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    I like the idea of using a fabricated a/c unit that would at one point hook up to a screen like a maf to cool the incoming air. It would help the IAT's but I can see parastic loss being a factor. Maybe an electric compressor sort of like they use the electric water pump on.

  8. #288
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Question is whether the added load of the AC compressor was sufficiently overcome by whatever power gains he achieved. I was skeptical at best, but he appeared quite happy with the setup.

  9. #289
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Question is whether the added load of the AC compressor was sufficiently overcome by whatever power gains he achieved. I was skeptical at best, but he appeared quite happy with the setup.
    I think it's something like 5-15hp loss when the a/c pump is running..

  10. #290
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Now that I really think about it. I remember a while back guys fabing throttle plates that could hold ice like a try.. Then watching them dump half a bag of ice into it beween runs..
    in my 2500, i drilled holes at the bottom of the stock airbox and removed the metal tray under it so that its a big open flow of air there...i wonder if i dumped some ice in the bottom would it show some gains...

  11. #291
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    in my 2500, i drilled holes at the bottom of the stock airbox and removed the metal tray under it so that its a big open flow of air there...i wonder if i dumped some ice in the bottom would it show some gains...

  12. #292
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    in my 2500, i drilled holes at the bottom of the stock airbox and removed the metal tray under it so that its a big open flow of air there...i wonder if i dumped some ice in the bottom would it show some gains...
    in your situation, the ice belongs in the cooler in the box....

  13. #293
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    in your situation, the ice belongs in the cooler in the box....
    damn....

  14. #294
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    in your situation, the ice belongs in the cooler in the box....
    That's all you got Wade? Could'nt even say, "hey nice v6" ??

  15. #295
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    pittsburgh
    Posts
    7

    blue
    2007 colorado

    Looking good, not as good as that new shop looks though...

  16. #296
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Looking good, not as good as that new shop looks though...
    Thanks bro! Haha.. Yeah I had good help building it too..

  17. #297
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    That's all you got Wade? Could'nt even say, "hey nice v6" ??
    lol the only 4cylinder i own is faster than both the V-8s

  18. #298
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    lol the only 4cylinder i own is faster than both the V-8s
    4-cyl?? Blasphamy!

  19. #299
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    4-cyl?? Blasphamy!
    Hayabusa....

  20. #300
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Hayabusa....
    That's not an engine.. It's a god..

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. NYSE Trades Halted and China Issues No Sell Policy
    By theorangeguy in forum Political / Debate Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 08:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •