Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617 ... LastLast

TT halted ugh but yay.....

This is a discussion on TT halted ugh but yay..... within the V6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by c5z28 But what kind of cfm do the heads flow? More to come.. Lift I E .05 ...

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    But what kind of cfm do the heads flow?
    More to come..

Lift I E
    .05 52 52
    .10 101 100
    .15 150 138
    .20 190 164
    .25 220 184
    .30 246 196
    .35 266 203
    .40 278 210
    Last edited by Smittro; 08-03-2010 at 01:57 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

They flow more than I thought, Is that all they go up to is .400?

White
    2008 Hummer H3

They flow more than I thought, Is that all they go up to is .400?
    Second castings had "supossedly" better flow but I have'nt seen any real proof. More likely had a better cam profile. The gians were also questionable to power that was already there just needed changes in tuning. I believe the max allowed on stock valves is .480 but don't quote me.. Generally we add durration more than lift.. And heavier springs. Except for spings more duration cams cam be added from a manual shift engine, as the engines mated to autos had a sharp slope fore and aft.. There's also been talk of an all intake cam setup being tried aswell.. Or we can have them recut..
    Last edited by Smittro; 08-03-2010 at 02:41 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Just some more schtuff..

Lower intake nearly strait through runners.

Cylinder head/intake port. (roughly)

Cylinder head exhaust port.(roughly)

Hemispherical combustion chambers with cathedral valve seats..

..And a nice ass to boot!..

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I don't think I ever got to see the bottom of those heads.
    Hey there jim what ya got?
    A HEMI bo
    But jim that look like a 6er

White
    2008 Hummer H3

A HEMI bo
    Well I just spent a good bit of time going through my build pics and just realized I don't have any of the bottoms.. I could have sworn I took some.. I got pics of my of the heads for the camaro but no TDC's.. I'll get some from my other set and post them up for ya later.

2002 trans am ws6

A HEMI bo
    that's the same thing that i thought when i first saw it but yea it is a 6 cylinder ( a cool 6 cylinder)

2002 trans am ws6

i think i saw you wrote that this engine didn't fit on the f-body. so where is it going.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by dav-02ws6-m6 View Post
    that's the same thing that i thought when i first saw it but yea it is a 6 cylinder ( a cool 6 cylinder)
    I don't usually refer it as a "Hemi" but it does have hemisphereical combustion cambers.. Also if you look @ my earlier photos of the other engine you can see the rounded raised areas of my pistons..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

i think i saw you wrote that this engine didn't fit on the f-body. so where is it going.
    In the car the original engine came out of and what this thread is all about.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Here we go, found some chopped ones..

Last edited by Smittro; 08-03-2010 at 07:41 PM.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

You do damn fine work Smittro... that thing is a work of art.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    You do damn fine work Smittro... that thing is a work of art.
    Thank you Jeff, they are just so ugly stock I had to do something different with it.. The cam covers are actually mounted one backwards and one in it proper place.. Had to steal from one of my other engines for the look you see here. They come factory with 2 completely different cam covers, and look hideous.. How you see mine now is pretty much how it will be installed, striped of almost everything a TDC does'nt need to perform.
    Last edited by Smittro; 08-03-2010 at 07:57 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Post Color Scheme???

Some of you guys maybe wondering why I went with this color scheme.. Well if you look @ the Z34 in the pic you'll notice a silver and red sport stripe.. So in keeping things matching I went with the red and silver look.. I wanted it to also look like you could just eat it like candy.. Notice the pulleys aswell, some I painted some I did'nt.. That's because they also match the color scheme already on the car or will be there later.. Ex: black belt rollers and blue bearing caps, also a blue hue TB butterfly.. Reason, the couplings for the charge pipes are the same blue or near to it.. It's a hobby, what can I say?
    Last edited by Smittro; 08-03-2010 at 08:27 PM.

2002 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Some of you guys maybe wondering why I went with this color scheme.. Well if you look @ the Z34 in the pic you'll notice a silver and red sport stripe.. So in keeping things matching I went with the red and silver look.. I wanted it to also look like you could just eat it like candy.. Notice the pulleys aswell, some I painted some I did'nt.. That's because they also match the color scheme already on the car or will be there later.. Ex: black belt rollers and blue bearing caps, also a blue hue TB butterfly.. Reason, the couplings for the charge pipes are the same blue or near to it.. It's a hobby, what can I say?
    the other day that i was checking your pics i kind off felt like making a research and i found that it came on the z34 and i think a buick( i could be wrong) i also went to youtube and found qute a few (pontiac) fieros i thought it sounded it cool for a 6er.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

the other day that i was checking your pics i kind off felt like making a research and i found that it came on the z34 and i think a buick( i could be wrong) i also went to youtube and found qute a few (pontiac) fieros i thought it sounded it cool for a 6er.
    No Buicks, buick opted for the Series-I 3800.. Which had to have a super charger (and quite a few more cubes 231=3800/207=LQ1) to achieve LQ1 N/A power output and the LQ1 STILL endges the N/A (L36) 3800 in HP today.. The TDC is ALL Chevrolet from concept to prototype, to production.. Then Pontiac got it, then Olds, then Caddy (Father of early northstar program).. In that order.. Use of the TDC in the Fiero is becomming more and more common. Which is great, these are the guys that help create aftermarkets just as the Buick guys did when they started messing with T-types.. There are some really good single turbo TDC setups out there too.. Reason it has taken so long is the TDC has taken very long to prove it self as a real performer even tho that is all the engine ever was, (dirrectly incorperated race tech of the time) with completely computer designed heads (pretty new tech in 89-91).. Mostly because of it's complexity of maintainance. Most folks don't own the 8 piece TDC timing set (and nor do many mechanic shops)... Just resently ONE company has started reproducing the proper ones.. Not to mention it had a tendancy to eat any trans axle put beside it (7100 rpms all day will do that), EXCEPT the Muncie Getrag 284 5spd.. Unfortunately it was only offered for 3 years in first gen Z34, and a couple of years of the ill fated Fiero.. The 284 5spd Reutinely gets bolted to LS6 engines for use in Fiero (final production year: 1988).. Today there are a few more trany options.. But get ready to dig deep, because they only come in Northstar powered stuff the others were built before your birth and are few and far between to find..
    Last edited by Smittro; 08-04-2010 at 12:20 AM.

2002 trans am ws6

that's some very cool info. you sure know your stuff. i didn't know most of all the things that you mention. it's always good to learn something new

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

that's some very cool info. you sure know your stuff. i didn't know most of all the things that you mention. it's always good to learn something new
    I appreciate the interest..

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

awesome project. great to see a 6 cylinder buildup.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information