Swapping open rear end to limited slip disc brake

So I am putting the whole rear end out of an auto v8 in my 3.4l 5 speed what should that do to my 5 gear freeway rpm range and also do u have to change anything out as far as break lines,abs system? Or should it just bolt on and be good to go with my stock system? Doing this swap tomorrow so any anwsers asap

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

You will have to change everything. Your current axle is a drum brake setup. No v8 4th gen cars came with drum brake rears..iirc

Second without knowing what the axle ratio differences are there's no viable way to determine engine rpm at a given speed.

Sure it will bolt up, but the year and options for ABS and traction control will matter, all 4th gen 3.4 cars are 3 channel rears.

But not all 3800 cars are, however most are 4channel like the z and ss cars after 98..

Your speedo will need recalibarated for the new gear set whatever that maybe as well.

The LT1, LS1 and 3800 rears are also different in that the LT rear will have an external parking brake mechanism.

Where as the LS and and 3800 cars from the same years will have an internal parking brake setup which is inside the rotor disk.

Also your 3.4 has a split drive shaft or 2 piece and the LS1 and 98 thru 02 3800's are one piece drive shaft cars.

Thread Information