Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

to supercharge or not?

This is a discussion on to supercharge or not? within the V6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; To round out this kit I'm using a forged virgin custom crank, engine(no remanded parts) custom built stand alone ECU ...

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

To round out this kit I'm using a forged virgin custom crank, engine(no remanded parts) custom built stand alone ECU with touchscreen interface and USB, adjustable eletronic boost controllers, preformance fuel psi reg, custom integrated fuel rails, custom CnCed upper plenum, custom TB, and on board MAP in/for speed density tuning.. Custom cut cams nearly unlimited LSA, a set of 6 "Fast" 42 lbs/hr injectors, OBX high volume external fuel pump supports 600+crank hp.. Custom built stainless exhaust manifolds, tru-duals and baffels.. Titanium shimes with early casting TDC valve springs (harder than the newer engines) sodium filled valves.. Expected crank hp ~ 360~400ish @ 7000... Estimated $$$ ~5 yrs research and devolopement, 15k so far including car..
    Last edited by Smittro; 09-21-2010 at 06:46 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by transamgirl89 View Post
    How do I know if it's a Y87 Camaro? You need my RPO codes?
    It will be on your driver door sticker.. Look @ the codes see if you can locate "Y87" as one of the RPO codes...

White; Navy Blue Metallic
    '01 SS Vert.;'02 RS Coupe

Lightbulb

AFAIK, the ONLY difference in the Y87 drive train VS one without is the addition of Limited Slip Differential. I have an RS that has the GU6 RPO 3.42 gears, so even that is not unique to the Y87s...

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Also you'd need a y87 car for the swap honestly to be slightly cheaper.. Y87 come with z28 drive train.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by libertyforall1776 View Post
    AFAIK, the ONLY difference in the Y87 drive train VS one without is the addition of Limited Slip Differential. I have an RS that has the GU6 RPO 3.42 gears, so even that is not unique to the Y87s...
    Y87 cars come with the auburn standard 3800 camaro do not, and a single drive shaft and are more common than the rs.. He asked if a v6 rear will work.. I told him what it would need to come out of.. Noone said the auburn is y87 specific.. y87 cars are more common. Therefore the most likely v6 camaro you'd find an auburn.. I'd imagine it would be the same for the v6 birds equiped with the auburn.. I have the build sheet for ALL 01 Camaros which just so happens to be what we own so I based the post on such..
    Last edited by Smittro; 10-26-2010 at 09:50 PM.

Lightbulb

Mine has a single driveshaft too, so what -- the two piece ended in '97 I believe. Auburn is an LSD, as I said, and not a good choice in all instances, see:
    http://xse.com/leres/ss/differential.html

But coming from the same Smittro who implored the SLP 3800 headers worked on 3800 Camaros -- who knows what they can believe coming from your half-researched claims!

Y87 cars come with the auburn, and a single drive shaft and are more common than the rs..

Exclamation

Wow, your intelligence shows right through with your ad hominem attack! How about doing a little thinking next time before posting?

I got one FUCK OFF!! How about that jackOFF!! I will wipe the floor with your 3800 knowledge. Fucking 35 posts since when???.. Then you ONLY show up and go on the attack with nothing but magazine articles.. You can take a flying fuck @ a rolling donut.. NEXT!

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wow, your intelligence shows right through with your ad hominem attack! How about doing a little thinking next time before posting?

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Mine has a single driveshaft too, so what -- the two piece ended in '97 I believe. Auburn is an LSD, as I said, and not a good choice in all instances, see:
    http://xse.com/leres/ss/differential.html

But coming from the same Smittro who implored the SLP 3800 headers worked on 3800 Camaros -- who knows what they can believe coming from your half-researched claims!
    Simple look what I've stated up.. You can continue to beat a dead horse if you'd like.. The OP and I have spoken about your earlier post edit in the other thread.. In which you changed your post. You originally stated pacesetter/slp does'nt make long tube headers for 3800 which I easily disproved with a link.. Then later your post was changed durring that arguement you started to read, "f-body.." I can see why you've not been around much in 2+years.
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-07-2010 at 07:06 AM.

Impounded
    Simple look what I've stated up.. You can continue to beat a dead horse if you'd like.. The OP and I have spoken about your earlier post edit in the other thread.. In which you changed your post. You originally stated pacesetter/slp does'nt make long tube headers for 3800 which I easily disproved with a link.. Then later your post was changed durring that arguement you started to read, "f-body.." I can see why you've not been around much in 2+years.

smells like something's burning...
    lol

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Grab a napkin homie. You just got served.

Impounded
    yeah my bud wants to drop a LS3 or LS7 in his v6 camaro. he's leaning towards a LS7 since theres only a "$1700 difference". his camaro has 120XXX miles on it so building up the engine may not be a good idea (or maybe it would be? idk). i told him to build up his suspension first because that 505hp will tear it to hell...but hes convinced that since its an A4 that hell be fine...

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    yeah my bud wants to drop a LS3 or LS7 in his v6 camaro. he's leaning towards a LS7 since theres only a "$1700 difference". his camaro has 120XXX miles on it so building up the engine may not be a good idea (or maybe it would be? idk). i told him to build up his suspension first because that 505hp will tear it to hell...but hes convinced that since its an A4 that hell be fine...
    Stock A4 from a V6 holding up are you kidding me? That suspension will be raped if he doesn't build it or upgrade to at least a 3:73 or 4:10 gear. You would need stronger springs, panhard bar adjusted, SFCs and the list goes on. Hope he knows what he's getting into. I helped a friend drop an LS3 in his V6 and it was one problem after another.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Where is he finding an LS7 for only $1700 more than an LS3?? Typically the LS7 is amost double the price of an LS3.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Where is he finding an LS7 for only $1700 more than an LS3?? Typically the LS7 is amost double the price of an LS3.
    dont look at me!
    he said he found an LS7 for $1700 more...idk if its used or what. he didnt go into detail.
    and ive been talking some sense into his head...i mean dont get me wrong. id love to drop an LS7 in mine to. but he wants this done b4 hes out of college...
    i dont think he understands the meaning of "timed planning"

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

dont look at me!
    he said he found an LS7 for $1700 more...idk if its used or what. he didnt go into detail.
    and ive been talking some sense into his head...i mean dont get me wrong. id love to drop an LS7 in mine to. but he wants this done b4 hes out of college...
    i dont think he understands the meaning of "timed planning"
    Gonna need plenty of time and tools too.. Most of which (pick one) the average Joe/college student, does'nt have...

Impounded
    Gonna need plenty of time and tools too.. Most of which (pick one) the average Joe/college student, does'nt have...
    haha true. but hey. i guess it never hurts to dream

Black
    '05 GTO

IMO if you could find a donar truck, yes I said truck. You could have a very respectable V-8 for cheap. I have picked up '99 and up 3/4 tons for as cheap as 500, put a little elbow grease in and after scapping it for 350 I got a running GEN3 6.0 and bullet proof 4L80 for 150!!! ... money left for cam, stall, rearend?
    Last edited by Jay37; 11-15-2010 at 05:24 PM.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay37 View Post
    IMO if you could find a donar truck, yes I said truck. You could have a very respectable V-8 for cheap. I have picked up '99 and up 3/4 tons for as cheap as 500, put a little elbow grease in and after scapping it for 350 I got a running GEN3 6.0 and bullet proof 4L80 for 150!!! ... money left for cam, stall, rearend?
    wait...you can do this?!? is there a write up for this?
    friend of mine has a 2006 6.0 Silverado Ext. Cab...he wanted to race and dude...if that thing was gear'd right (and a shit ton lighter)...he probably wouldve gave me a run for my money!

Black
    '05 GTO

wait...you can do this?!? is there a write up for this?
    friend of mine has a 2006 6.0 Silverado Ext. Cab...he wanted to race and dude...if that thing was gear'd right (and a shit ton lighter)...he probably wouldve gave me a run for my money!
    For sure man! and save a boat load of money! Because if you get the whole truck, then you have all the, wiring, sensors, computer and everything. Most the write ups, there rebuilding the engine, and putting a bunch of expensive performance stuff on it, that most people could never afford. I've seen them adapted into all kinds of cars, buggys, or whatever. GM has always had great interchangeability. Those things are bullit proof too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information