rear end swap braking problem...HELP!!!

This is a discussion on rear end swap braking problem...HELP!!! within the V6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; so i got a new rear end from a 96 Formula to put in my 94 Camaro V6 and we ...

Alabama (Home), Tennessee (School)

1994 Chevrolet Camaro V6

rear end swap braking problem...HELP!!!

so i got a new rear end from a 96 Formula to put in my 94 Camaro V6 and we installed it today...install went smooth and took me, my dad, and 3 friends a leisurely 3 hours to drop the old one and put in the "new" one with new shocks and springs. not too bad. but we did hit a snag with the brake system. switching from a rear drum to a rear disc setup...and we can't figure out how to hook up my brake cables. keep in mind that i'm not talking about he e-brake cables, i'm just referring to the regular brakes. right now the only option we have come up with is the find the necessary adapters which could take a few days.

so my question is...has anyone done this before? if so, what solutions have yall come up with when making a rear drum to disc rear end swap? what did yall do? or what would you suggest? need help asap cause i'll need the car for school soon so any help will be appreciated greatly!

woodbridge, nj

95 firebird

I was thinking of throwing up a link to FunkZ's site...he's a wise man. Glad this got taken care of.

Thread Information