Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ok You've convinced me, no LS1!!! Now I want Turbo or Twin Turbo

This is a discussion on Ok You've convinced me, no LS1!!! Now I want Turbo or Twin Turbo within the V6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Just saw your thread and wanted to add my 2cents. I had a 94 v6.. well I still have it ...

1994 POS

Just saw your thread and wanted to add my 2cents. I had a 94 v6.. well I still have it and am trying to sell it. Not trying to hijack the thread or anything here but I was able to do an LS1 swap into it for 5k not including any labor or misc parts I added like an upgraded gauge cluster, aftermarket suspension, ect... Dropping in the motor was only another 1k

It ended up costing more in the end because I got screwed on the tranny and one of the radiator lines was kinked... I Immediatly needed to rebuild the tranny due to not enough fluid on my ride home from the shop so it burned up and 6 months later replace the block. Guy who installed it did a TB bypass by just capping it off instead of making a return line to the radiator. Things eventually heated up, a spring broke, threw a rod, and punctured the block.. After all was said and done I've put more than 25k, most was paid for by the mechanic who originally fucked up, but because of mishaps and aftermarket parts that's been the total bill.

You already have an LS type car and LSD rear, the only major things I would worry about are beefing up your shocks and springs, maybe look into a 1LE package on ebay or stock v8 sway bars. I put the engine in my car and then realize I really needed to beef things up. Went to a junk yard for stock z28 stuff and made a big difference but wanted more performance so I went aftermarket. With the LS2 and LS7's out now the price of an LS1 has gone down alot. Good luck in what you decide to do, and let me just say, having a car thats stickered like a V6 down to the way its painted and being a 94... It sure is a sleeper and suprises a lot of folks. More people want to race me in that than my Firehawk.

NHRA-LS1

Thumbs up Do the motor swap

I have friends who have the v-6's and have done lots of different motor swaps. The best to date was an LT-1 with only GM hotcam gave 475 to the rear tires. Best track time was a 12.56. Now with 150 shot of Nitrous the dyno was more around 592 and we have no traction to get a better time. I would go with more cubic inches because no matter what technology comes up with the cubic inches will always give no lag no slip and never mis-fires. More cubes then if your not happy just add a turbo to that.

Hotrod
    I don't understand the want for a turbo over nitrous? For the cost of the turbo + installation, you could buy a bad-a$$ nitrous system and several other parts to make it damn fast! Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think your going to realistically build a 800HP V-6. Besides that, you better buy a new rear-end if you plan on doing everyhting you're talking about cause that'll be the first to go, along with our crappy transmissions. Twin turbos, nitrous, all the supporting mods, rear-end, transmission, and installation is gonna cost a small fortune! I'd like John Force's engine in my car but you just have to be realistic. You can put up good numbers with headers, exhaust, cam, nitrous, gears, ect.

I had a 2000 Camaro V6 with these mods and it ran hard!

K&N Filter
    Ram Air Kit
    PaceSetter Headers
    CarSound High Flow Cat
    FlowTech Electric Cutout
    3.73 Gears
    ZZ Performance VS Cam Package
    ZZ Performance Stage 1 Heads
    ZZ Performance Stage 1 Intake
    Nitrous Express Wet Kit (100 Shot)
    Nitrous Express Purge Kit
    NGK-TR6 Plugs
    MSD Coil Packs & Plug Wires
    MSD Window Switch

Not trying to tell anyone what to do, but there are cheaper ways to make a car fast than buying a $1,500.00 turbo.

1994 POS

Quote Originally Posted by NHRA-LS1
    I have friends who have the v-6's and have done lots of different motor swaps. The best to date was an LT-1 with only GM hotcam gave 475 to the rear tires. Best track time was a 12.56. Now with 150 shot of Nitrous the dyno was more around 592 and we have no traction to get a better time. I would go with more cubic inches because no matter what technology comes up with the cubic inches will always give no lag no slip and never mis-fires. More cubes then if your not happy just add a turbo to that.
    nice 6 month old thread

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

yup, hahaha! Even though I sold the car, I'm still reading what everyone has to say.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

this is stupid

lock this thread, or delete it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information