Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

not trying to be mean

This is a discussion on not trying to be mean within the V6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ???...

Adam
    ???

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

theres no way you can beat the sound of a v8 with a v6 without a muffler

1958 chevy pickup 283
    02 gmc z71 5.3L white

hear hear i second that

Black
    97 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by silverz28camaro View Post
    I know everyone says they bought a v6 for gas milage and efficiency, well my 2000 z28 gets 26 mpg bought it for 9000 and runs 13.1 stock, why buy a 17 sec camaro, by the way how much did you guys buy your car for. for as much as every try to make a v6 fast and the money they put into it they could of had a v8 car

here is some advise go on auto trader .com and you can fin a v8 usually lt1 but its better than a 6. i found one for 4900 with 122,000 miles not bad, ok u may have to drive a couple hundred miles but once you drive the 8 it all comes together. yah an 6 can be fast but you do loose drivability and reliability, plus the sound will never match up to a v8

if you can sell your car for 3500 if its worth it and get a 2 year 2000 dollar loan and you should be able to find you v8, if you have a job then 95 dollars a month for 2 years is cheap

TRUST me chicks love V8s, it gets them.....ya know

I bought my 6 4 years ago the year after I graduated with my first job out of highschool. I didn't make very much money and the 400 in my 80 Trans Am has just blew up and I needed something reliable. 4 Years ago these cars weren't even close to as cheap as you mention, plus in Canada the TA's and Z's hold their value better in the states. You guys get them way cheaper down there. Right now an 96 LT1 with 100,000 km on it will go for about 10,000. The cheapest LS1 I've ever seen up here was going for 17,000.

Since I bought my car I've over doubled my income, but for years my Bird has been extremely reliable and looks great. I've done alot of fun things to it, like put on a supercharger, and then swapped that out for a nitrous system. On the spray my car can beat LT1's without sacrificing drivability whatsoever. However my car is starting to get alot of milage on it, and next year I think I'll probably buy a fourth gen V8.

There are alot of reasons why people buy a six, whatever the reason a V6 can be alot of fun, and make a great project car. Oh and FYI stock V6's run around 15.2 - 15.5 or so, not 17.

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

so basically you run with accords sentras and civics
    j/k nothing wrong with owning a pony car you know camaro is a camaro

black
    98 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    he'd win dumbest thread, but I nominate this for dumbest post. WE've all heard a v6 without a muffler, you can't lie to us kiddie
    lmao, he doesnt get it either Hes prolly a confused ricer at heart-therefore he likes the sound of ricer cars more then muscle. He took the exhaust off and it sounded like a ricer, hence why he liked it. Just my specualtion

i have a '99 a4 3.8l v6 camaro and love it. im not ashamed/embarased(sp?)/feel less manly or any of that other bs you might think. i paid $3500 for it 2 years ago, it had about 70xxx miles when i bought it. ive gotten nothing but compliments on how it looks and the exhaust i have on it. it looks just as good if not better than any z or ss. yes, id love to have an ls1 SS or Z but cant afford it right now, i have a beautiful 2 year old daughter and SHE IS #1 PRIORITY!! originally when i was looking for camaros, i was actually looking for '88-'92 IROC-Z28's but couldnt find a decent one, thats when i stumbled across my 99, i couldnt pass up the deal, pw, pl, t-tops...all the goodies

heres a link.... http://brotrippin420.blogspot.com/

green
    95 firebird

Quote Originally Posted by camarolvr69 View Post
    theres no way you can beat the sound of a v8 with a v6 without a muffler
    ok? i haven't heard too many up close, but v8's stock sound relatively quiet compared to a 6 with exhaust. just my opinion. if we're talking tone quality, one has 6 cylinders, one has 8. that means they are two different engines.
    j/k nothing wrong with owning a pony car you know camaro is a camaro
    after reading your posts in this thread, i'd recommend steering clear of an LS1 as your first car.

now let's lock up this thread before people start blasting stupidity in other people's faces.

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMan View Post
    ok? i haven't heard too many up close, but v8's stock sound relatively quiet compared to a 6 with exhaust.
    ummm ok how bout you take a little trip to ls1sounds.com

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

3.8 v6 with exhaust sounds pretty good but its not as good with LS1 with exhaust. Its like comparing peas and watermelons.

I have dynomax 3 CB on my firebird (v6), and at idle the six rumbles like it have 8 cylinders but when I do WOTs... Yeah, you'll know its a six. Now my LS1 has the rumble similar to a mustang (bassani X system) but with balls instead of hollowish exhaust tone.

2K LPM Z28 M6- GMHTP StreetHeat feature Nov 12- Camaro Performers Readers' Rides feature Nov 12
    2K4 BS G35 sedan 5AT

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

ummm ok how bout you take a little trip to ls1sounds.com
    Dude, read again what he said... STOCK V8 exhaust vs. V6 with exhaust.

LS1 sounds= all AFTERMARKET exhaust.

Black
    97 Firebird

I run with accords sentra's and civics? Maybe with them about 2 bus lengths behind me.

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

"but v8's stock sound relatively quiet compared to a 6 with exhaust"
    he said v6 with exhaust so why cant i compare v8 with exhaust?
    "one has 6 cylinders, one has 8. that means they are two different engines."
    i mean if he actually goes to ls1sounds.com and listens to the v8s he will know the difference in "tone quality" v6~bumblebee and the v8~low rumble or loud scream
    Last edited by camarolvr69; 06-23-2006 at 04:06 PM.

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

if you quoted my whole post it says that it was a joke...so dont take it too seriously

White
    Chevy Camaro

Man this thread is too funny! I can't stand those people who think a V6 f-body is just stupid. I wanted a brand new car. I didn't have the money to pay for a really nice V8, so it was either a fully loaded V6 or a stripped out V8. I was more into the looks at the time so I got the V6. And it's one of the best looking Camaro's around my area. I for one would rather have the looks. Because lets get serious, if you're talking about impressing most women.... they'd rather ride in a hot looking car then being scared to death by the power of a 305hp engine.

And some people like V6's better because the feeling is so much better when you beat a Mustang GT. I had a cam and bolt ons and was running the same 1/4 mile times as a GT. So on the streets when they'd lose traction I'd leave them behind.

But yeah, who just comes out and makes a thread like this?

bluegreen
    1996 camaro

i've got a v6 t- tops good paint job 5 speed 96 model cold air intake rearend out of 01 ss 100 shot nos clutch kit great interior aftermarket tail lights i only give 2000 for the whole car oh and the 01 ss chrome rims stock v-8s are fun to beat with a 6 but only if the driver is a prick other than that i like racing imports cause they all think they can beat a 6 not this though

2000 Corvette

My little bro has a V6 camaro and while a spin in my cammed Vette makes his balls swell his money goes to college right now and even the V6 walks circles around the 4-cylinder S10 he had (but hell, a moped would do that).

Metallic Blue
    01 Camaro SS

I had a V6 camaro when i was LEARNIG TO DRIVE
    No but I really did love that car when I got it it was fun all of junior and senoir year i had it. Every1 thought i had the coolest car. But once i graduated from high school i steped it up to a LS1 and the v6 in NO WAY compares not in sound not in style and espically NOT IN POWER. To me the v6 is a waste of money unless your a chick or a student.
    Last edited by BigFrosty; 07-03-2006 at 09:47 AM.

green
    95 firebird

Quote Originally Posted by BigFrosty View Post
    I had a V6 camaro when i was LEARNIG TO DRIVE
    No but I really did love that car when I got it it was fun all of junior and senoir year i had it. Every1 thought i had the coolest car. But once i graduated from high school i steped it up to a LS1 and the v6 in NO WAY compares not in sound not in style and espically NOT IN POWER. To me the v6 is a waste of money unless your a chick or a student.
    lol, you do realize it is the same body style, don't you?

2000 Corvette

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information