Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Finally made up my mind

This is a discussion on Finally made up my mind within the V6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; So I've decided to go with a GT2 cam and pacesetter headers. I currently have a Y pipe exhaust setup. ...

  1. #1
    Member transamgirl89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dacula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    555

    White
    2001 RS Camaro

    Finally made up my mind

    So I've decided to go with a GT2 cam and pacesetter headers. I currently have a Y pipe exhaust setup. How much rearranging am I going to have to do to make the headers work with the exhaust I have because I don't want to change it. Here's the link to what I'm getting.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-02...Q5fAccessories
    This is the GT2 cam.
    http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...=123&catid=104

  2. #2
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    As long as the headers clear you should'nt have trouble adapting your current exhaust.. Looks like the kit includes the crossover pipe and both headers are on the same collector.. Pretty much how our stock setup is run..

    So you're going with a lumpy cam? Interesting...

  3. #3
    Socially Unacceptable 1LOMARO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Concord NC
    Posts
    59

    Silver
    98 Camaro

    Hell yeah... I've heard from FreakV6 that the GT2 was a good cam. Also heard that it likes the "giggle juice"!!!!

  4. #4
    Member transamgirl89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dacula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    555

    White
    2001 RS Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    As long as the headers clear you should'nt have trouble adapting your current exhaust.. Looks like the kit includes the crossover pipe and both headers are on the same collector.. Pretty much how our stock setup is run..

    So you're going with a lumpy cam? Interesting...
    Yeah I like the sound. The GT1 cam is not enough to know you even cammed it. And the GT2 cam requires no upgrades as far as heads or rocker arms, just have to get it tuned so it doesn't throw the P0300 code. Is it true that pacesetter headers leak more than others? My friend said they do so I'm not to sure.

  5. #5
    Member transamgirl89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dacula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    555

    White
    2001 RS Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by 1LOMARO View Post
    Hell yeah... I've heard from FreakV6 that the GT2 was a good cam. Also heard that it likes the "giggle juice"!!!!
    giggle juice???

  6. #6
    Member transamgirl89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dacula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    555

    White
    2001 RS Camaro

    I don't think I'm getting them at the same time because of money, so which one should I install first? Is there a write up somewhere on how to install a cam in a 3.8 cause that would be a godsend right now.

  7. #7
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by transamgirl89 View Post
    I don't think I'm getting them at the same time because of money, so which one should I install first? Is there a write up somewhere on how to install a cam in a 3.8 cause that would be a godsend right now.
    Headers
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif


    Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

  8. #8
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by transamgirl89 View Post
    Yeah I like the sound. The GT1 cam is not enough to know you even cammed it. And the GT2 cam requires no upgrades as far as heads or rocker arms, just have to get it tuned so it doesn't throw the P0300 code. Is it true that pacesetter headers leak more than others? My friend said they do so I'm not to sure.
    I don't know really.. Never tried them or know any whom have.. I like custom myself..

  9. #9
    Member transamgirl89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dacula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    555

    White
    2001 RS Camaro

    The headers come with everything but the header bolts and I have no idea what size to get. Any suggestions?

  10. #10
    Socially Unacceptable 1LOMARO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Concord NC
    Posts
    59

    Silver
    98 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by transamgirl89 View Post
    Yeah I like the sound. The GT1 cam is not enough to know you even cammed it. And the GT2 cam requires no upgrades as far as heads or rocker arms, just have to get it tuned so it doesn't throw the P0300 code. Is it true that pacesetter headers leak more than others? My friend said they do so I'm not to sure.
    I would advise upgrading the valve springs to 105# springs. And you would also be wise to replace the timing chain and dampener while your at it. Giggle Juice is nitrous btw.....

  11. #11
    Socially Unacceptable 1LOMARO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Concord NC
    Posts
    59

    Silver
    98 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by transamgirl89 View Post
    Yeah I like the sound. The GT1 cam is not enough to know you even cammed it. And the GT2 cam requires no upgrades as far as heads or rocker arms, just have to get it tuned so it doesn't throw the P0300 code. Is it true that pacesetter headers leak more than others? My friend said they do so I'm not to sure.
    As long as the headers are done with the right gaskets you will be ok... I'd contact Abbott Racing Heads in Texas for those. You will also need to retorque the header bolts a couple of times after installation.

  12. #12
    Member transamgirl89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dacula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    555

    White
    2001 RS Camaro

    So I talked to some guys at Injected Engineering and with new springs, tune, and a dyno plus labor I'm looking at a 3,000 price tag. GOOD LORD I had no idea it would be this expensive!

  13. #13
    Socially Unacceptable 1LOMARO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Concord NC
    Posts
    59

    Silver
    98 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by transamgirl89 View Post
    So I talked to some guys at Injected Engineering and with new springs, tune, and a dyno plus labor I'm looking at a 3,000 price tag. GOOD LORD I had no idea it would be this expensive!
    Thats atrocious!!! Since your in AL.. PM FreakV6 and he might be able to point you to a more affordable source.

  14. #14
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SAN FRAN SISCO BABY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    836

    VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

    3,000....did he atleast use lube when he shafted you on that quote?


    +1 on upgrading springs and replacing old worn out IMPORTANT parts while your there.

  15. #15
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by transamgirl89 View Post
    So I talked to some guys at Injected Engineering and with new springs, tune, and a dyno plus labor I'm looking at a 3,000 price tag. GOOD LORD I had no idea it would be this expensive!
    Time to bleed!

  16. #16
    Member transamgirl89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dacula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    555

    White
    2001 RS Camaro

    I was like holy mother of god!! I'm in Atlanta for college and all the shops around here gave me around the same estimate. Guess my dreams have been shot down and shat on once again. I had a water line break in my house so you can guess where my headers money is going now. I could cry right now. FML!!!!

  17. #17
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by transamgirl89 View Post
    I was like holy mother of god!! I'm in Atlanta for college and all the shops around here gave me around the same estimate. Guess my dreams have been shot down and shat on once again. I had a water line break in my house so you can guess where my headers money is going now. I could cry right now. FML!!!!
    Time to get down and dirty girl! Get your stuff and tear into it.. No reason you can't..

  18. #18
    Junior Member Motomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    51

    Silver
    1997 Firebird

    Would those headers fit a firebird?...Not sure if there is a difference between the cars.

  19. #19
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Motomas View Post
    Would those headers fit a firebird?...Not sure if there is a difference between the cars.
    Yes they will fit.. Tho the 97 3800 has a different air breather/filter setup than us 01's, aswell as we are fly-by-wire TB cars with the updated fueling map..
    Last edited by Smittro; 10-01-2010 at 06:36 AM.

  20. #20
    Junior Member Motomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    51

    Silver
    1997 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Yes they will fit.. Tho the 97 3800 has a different air breather/filter setup than us 01's, aswell as we are fly-by-wire TB cars with the updated fueling map..
    So id have to upgrade fuel system and some other things if i were to do the GT2 cam?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. I've made my mind up
    By Transamws6 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 03:05 PM
  2. Finally made it into the 6's last night
    By _Syclone_ in forum GM Trucks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 07:52 PM
  3. mind of mencia made me miss reno 911
    By Oldladykiller in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 05:08 PM
  4. Finally I made it....
    By 00BLACKHAWK in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 03:50 AM
  5. Finally Made It
    By Mark2002 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-28-2006, 08:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •