Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Cutouts?

This is a discussion on Cutouts? within the V6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 hey now calm down lol and i say do it since you are curious and if ...

Red/Black
    1998 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    hey now calm down lol and i say do it since you are curious and if you dont like it then you can always replace it or close it completely
    lol its people like that that make me mad, they think that just cuz they got a v8 that they can bag on those that have a v6...everyones gotta start somewhere and not everyone was gifted with rich moms and dads that buy them suped up cars for their 16th bday, or who are 50 yrs old and spent their life savings on a midlife crisis....gah...lol
    but yeah just dont wanna spend money on something that ends up sounding like poo ya know? idk we will see lol gotta talk fiance into workin on it first :P

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

We get that alot. But then they've never heard a DOHC 660 @ 7500 rpm. Or an LT5 for that matter.. If you listen to either those screams and don't @ least slightly butter your drawers well..........Turn up the hearing aids....jk
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    We get that alot. But then they've never heard a DOHC 660 @ 7500 rpm. Or an LT5 for that matter.. If you listen to either those screams and don't @ least slightly butter your drawers well..........Turn up the hearing aids....jk

White
    2001 RS Camaro

If you're wondering what a 3800 sound like this is mine with Flowmaster 40 series and a cutout. I will say that for long trips the cabin noise is VERY annoying. You can forget about carrying on a conversation lol. Yours may sound different since I have a mild cam. Headers are next on my list.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWfEqO59nGw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWfEqO59nGw[/ame]

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by transamgirl89 View Post
    If you're wondering what a 3800 sound like this is mine with Flowmaster 40 series and a cutout. I will say that for long trips the cabin noise is VERY annoying. You can forget about carrying on a conversation lol. Yours may sound different since I have a mild cam. Headers are next on my list.

Was that an "rs" or Z28 badge I seed there?

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi_98_Camaro View Post
    lol its people like that that make me mad, they think that just cuz they got a v8 that they can bag on those that have a v6...everyones gotta start somewhere and not everyone was gifted with rich moms and dads that buy them suped up cars for their 16th bday, or who are 50 yrs old and spent their life savings on a midlife crisis....gah...lol
    but yeah just dont wanna spend money on something that ends up sounding like poo ya know? idk we will see lol gotta talk fiance into workin on it first :P
    true however im only 19 and i pay for my car and everything that i want for it plus insurance and all that jazz

White
    2008 Hummer H3

The main problem is our stupid head layout.. Tiny intake ports and even smaller exhaust ports (barely over 1 inch top to bottom) I have seen them opend up over 2 inches and a medium port and polish on the intake side (not much to work with water jackets are close).. ANything, beyond the stock setup will make power on these heads that's how restrictive they are.. I have thought about going to an earlier style front wheel drive car tunnel ram just to move the TB closer to the intake runners to see if flow improves.. Prolly have to do an adaptor for the fly by wire and older cable TB's.. Imho the sound of a 3800 would improve and except bolt ons much better with a little head work.. New stock heads for our 3800-II are ~600 or less.. Not to shabby.. Get a set of l67 valve springs, tune, or a stage 3 chip, and adjust the limiter and the motor IMHO would wake right up for very little out of pocket expense. You doing the labor.

Then of course there's always after market.. Heads, cams, turbos, blowers, headers, stroker kits..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-30-2010 at 12:04 PM.

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Was that an "rs" or Z28 badge I seed there?
    It's an RS badge. It had SS badges on it when I got it but I took them off. I hate it when people say their car is something it's not. I'm content with what I have for now.

Red/Black
    1998 Chevy Camaro

true however im only 19 and i pay for my car and everything that i want for it plus insurance and all that jazz
    Right with you on that one, i mean im 18 and for my 18th bday my parents bought me the car but thats cuz i had been working for 6 months and had the money to pay for insurance and anything that could would or possible should need to be replaced or fixed. plus i am planning on getting it fixed up and paying them back for it, or just buying a new car and giving it back to them for their own use, they're getting to that midlife crisis point in life afterall, lol

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Right with you on that one, i mean im 18 and for my 18th bday my parents bought me the car but thats cuz i had been working for 6 months and had the money to pay for insurance and anything that could would or possible should need to be replaced or fixed. plus i am planning on getting it fixed up and paying them back for it, or just buying a new car and giving it back to them for their own use, they're getting to that midlife crisis point in life afterall, lol

Red/Black
    1998 Chevy Camaro

[/B]

im tellin ya i can see it now.....ma and pop cruising in the redneck mobile, ragtop down, and journey blarin on the radio......

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

im tellin ya i can see it now.....ma and pop cruising in the redneck mobile, ragtop down, and journey blarin on the radio......
    damn my parents are only 38 and 42 and they already do that

Black
    1999 Trans Am

i had a cutout on my v6 back in high school, my parents hated it, my gf hated it, her parents hated/liked it cause they knew when i was around sucks at night...neighbors hated it. The sound isnt that great its annoying on a v6, when you first start her up sure sounds great but after it lvls out...not so much
    for sale in MARCH 2011!!!!! probly be at 131k miles

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

cut outs and open headers are too loud for my taste. I thought they were going to be bad ass but once i did them and drove around a little i went back up and bolted up my y pipe again, its way too loud

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

hey man v6's arent too bad. My buddy who fabs turbos fabbed himself a turbo kit for his v6 mustang and it has a mild cam in it. That thing is just as fast or faster than my car! And it sounds fucking bad ass

White
    2008 Hummer H3

The only way to make a 90* stock v6 sound good is to cam and/or FI it.. L36 heads are very restrictive and simple bolt ons won't get it for sound.. I've tried just about every custom configuration on my stock 3800-II and the sound is always the same some just louder than others but the drone remains.. 3800 takes mods very well and I've heard them sound so mean that the hair on my neck about stood up @ WOT.. But also you have to realize it's a 2 valve v6 and it will always drone some.. If it were a 4 valve motor it would be totally different, but it is what it is..

Red/Black
    1998 Chevy Camaro

damn my parents are only 38 and 42 and they already do that
    haha yep that my mom and the exact reason i refuse to be in the car with her when i do let her take it out lol

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

haha yep that my mom and the exact reason i refuse to be in the car with her when i do let her take it out lol
    yeah i cannot even ride with my mom is drives me nuts cause she cannot hold a consistent speed and she says that she hates cruise control for some weird reason. so whenever i am going somewhere with her i make sure i am the one driving

Red/Black
    1998 Chevy Camaro

yeah i cannot even ride with my mom is drives me nuts cause she cannot hold a consistent speed and she says that she hates cruise control for some weird reason. so whenever i am going somewhere with her i make sure i am the one driving
    yepyep, its a lose lose with her i swear, cuz if im driving she complains about my driving skill and if shes driving its the most embarassing thing ever and i cant show my face, nor car, in public for weeks...lol
    worst part is when creepy old men stare her down when car tops down im like DUDE HER DAUGHTER SITTING RIGHT HERE AND SHES MARRYED YA PERVE!!!!

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

yepyep, its a lose lose with her i swear, cuz if im driving she complains about my driving skill and if shes driving its the most embarassing thing ever and i cant show my face, nor car, in public for weeks...lol
    worst part is when creepy old men stare her down when car tops down im like DUDE HER DAUGHTER SITTING RIGHT HERE AND SHES MARRYED YA PERVE!!!!

i guess i dont pay enough attention to notice that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information