white
    1996 firebird

Car missfiring and cannot figure out why HELP

I have a 1996 Firebird and a couple of weeks ago I noticed it had a little miss. Not when you have any speed mostly when you are coming to a stop or going very slow (school zone) So I had Advance Auto hook their computer to it and it gave a reading of random misfire, so we had the coil packs checked and they came back fine so we replaced the ignition module for a $153.00 and it did not help, so back to the computer which had a reading of egr valve printle position so here we go and replace that at $220.00 it helped for a couple of days and now it is doing it again. I really need some advice here, I will tell you that we replaced coil packs, plugs and wires back in January.

Camaro

is it a 6 cyl or 8 ? lt1 or ls1? You may just have dirty injectors or possibly a bad one. Unplug the injectors one at a time and see if the idle speed changes.If you unplug one and there is no change that's where the problem l is.

white
    1996 firebird

Im sorry it is a 6cycl. and I will give that a try it is really getting on my nerves and my pocketbook!!!!!!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Buy a noid light maybe and test to see if all injectors are firing. Could help.

Black
    1998 Trans Am, 2007 TB SS

I had a problem similar to that. When I start slowing down, the same thing would start to hesitate. Just had the plugs changed and fuel injection cleaned, had injectors checked, changed fuel filter, new battery (old one bad, and low volts can make injectors act funny) rubbed on the bumber and talked dirty to it and the damn thing kept doing the same thing. This went on for about three months and in the end, it turned out to be a sticking PCV. Cost $2, and about 5min to change. Worth a try. Always check the "simple and cheap" first. Good luck.

white
    1996 firebird

Thanks I will try that.

Black
    1998 Trans Am, 2007 TB SS

Not exactly sure where the valve is on the V6, but on the 8, it's on the passenger side; valve cover for 98', and 99+ is near the throttle body. There should be a vacuum diagram under your hood somewhere that shows it's location. Once again, on the 8, it's on the drivers side fender well, behind the fuse box. (You'd think since the valve is on the passenger side, they'd put the diagram on that side too.) In the meanwhile, I'll look around online to see if i can find a diagram for you. Good luck.

Thread Information