Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Unhappy The Camaro GT Street is Down...

So here has been how my week went since last Monday. I had a slight oil leak coming from the car. Didn't seem major at first. Here comes Tuesday after driving from the studio, to home, then about to go out again to my second job, and my car was REALLY leaking. So I took it and filled it with oil. The Car was still leaking and it was shaking. So from a referral of my manager's mechanic, I took it to this guy. The Tranny was taken out for the Main Seal and Oil Pan Gasket. Car seemed fine until I brought it to work and it was making a grinding like sound. Took it back to the shop, tighten the torque arm screws. Seems fine until I started to leave from work (Yes I know, my job is bad luck all around). Something moving around in there in the engine. The Oil gauge goes straight down when I start driving, then It shut itself off. Luckily my friend and my grandmother came, and one of my security guards use their AAA to get it towed back to my house. The Mechanic checked it and it could be the oil pump and maybe some internal engine. I about to get a second opinion from a guy that specializes in Engine builds. So that is where I am now, without my baby.

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

throw a ls1 in there.

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

what the hell is a "Gt Street". Is that some kind of special edition that i never heard of? does it have underglow?

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by totalkos View Post
    what the hell is a "Gt Street". Is that some kind of special edition that i never heard of? does it have underglow?
    Not really. Just a name I gave it because I love Gran Turismo lol.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

sorry about your loss.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    sorry about your loss.
    That's ok. Thanks for keeping to the subject. I'll get it fixed eventually, but at a time where money is most crucial, a car is equally as crucial. Getting rides sucks.

liquid red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

Good luck on the repairs.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by jaxredg8 View Post
    Good luck on the repairs.
    Thank you. I'll try and move her to the garage at least. Sick of her sitting on the cold street.

green
    1994 camaro

damn.. sorry bro. i can honestly say i knowhow you feel. about a month and a half ago i pulled out of this place i was applying to and headed down the street. nothing fancy.. 30MPH 3,000RPM (give or take) and i heard a nice lil pop under my hood, lost most power, and started rattling.. pulled over and i have a half dollar size hole coming outta block not sure what the hell happened but im hopefully getting the new motor in the next couple weeks to swap.

so........ i concur. catching rides to work SUX! good luck with yours bro.. hope its nothing to big.. like mine. remeber man your not alone.. theres more of us out here

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalinejunkie View Post
    damn.. sorry bro. i can honestly say i knowhow you feel. about a month and a half ago i pulled out of this place i was applying to and headed down the street. nothing fancy.. 30MPH 3,000RPM (give or take) and i heard a nice lil pop under my hood, lost most power, and started rattling.. pulled over and i have a half dollar size hole coming outta block not sure what the hell happened but im hopefully getting the new motor in the next couple weeks to swap.

so........ i concur. catching rides to work SUX! good luck with yours bro.. hope its nothing to big.. like mine. remeber man your not alone.. theres more of us out here
    Thank you man. This is actually one of the best ways of people treating me in this forum, especially after my Sony system post, and lets not get into LS1Tech.com. I pray for your new motor, and hit me up and let me know the progress. Glad I have people having the same experience as I am. I'll get her fixed all up and work to getting her paid off from my bank, and start modding it up. So Thank you very much for your post. It does make me feel a little bit better.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Now is a good time to go better when you rebuild them

green
    1994 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by M-ManLA View Post
    Thank you man. This is actually one of the best ways of people treating me in this forum, especially after my Sony system post, and lets not get into LS1Tech.com. I pray for your new motor, and hit me up and let me know the progress. Glad I have people having the same experience as I am. I'll get her fixed all up and work to getting her paid off from my bank, and start modding it up. So Thank you very much for your post. It does make me feel a little bit better.

no prob man. thas what we should all be here for is to help out if we can or at least offer encouragement and prayer. afterall we all share the same passion right? otherwise we wouldn't be on this board. some of us show it in different ways (V6 or V8 etc) but bottom line is we love our cars.

still no word from my engine guy yet. he's been on vacation. so hopefully he gets back quick. my car is the 94 camaro so its already payed off. i plan on following in forced firebirds footsteps with this car. same concept just different details. but im getting my parts through him when i can afford it. it should be interesting but right now im just trying to put my daily driver back on the pavement lol

any news on wats wrong with yours?

green
    1994 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    Now is a good time to go better when you rebuild them
    i agree!! lol more power=more fun

im gonna follow forced firebird with my own variations. i should top 500 HP with my designs but we all know how hateful that damn dyno can be lol so we'll see. i was gonna do it this summer (since its right before my senior year) but due to the economy i lost my job lol so im gonna do the build slowly over the next couple years and then swap the high power motor trannny rear etc in

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

no prob man. thas what we should all be here for is to help out if we can or at least offer encouragement and prayer. afterall we all share the same passion right? otherwise we wouldn't be on this board. some of us show it in different ways (V6 or V8 etc) but bottom line is we love our cars.

still no word from my engine guy yet. he's been on vacation. so hopefully he gets back quick. my car is the 94 camaro so its already payed off. i plan on following in forced firebirds footsteps with this car. same concept just different details. but im getting my parts through him when i can afford it. it should be interesting but right now im just trying to put my daily driver back on the pavement lol

any news on wats wrong with yours?
    Not yet. I did however setup an appointment with Rydell on Payday to take her in.

green
    1994 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by M-ManLA View Post
    Not yet. I did however setup an appointment with Rydell on Payday to take her in.
    amen to that bro i find myself waiting for payday alot lol

green
    1994 camaro

well bad and good news guys. bad news is the guy i was getting my 3.4L from sold it to the guy in line before me.. bummer right? but good news is i found a 4.3L vortech computer harness and all for a steal. i think im gonna drop that in in the next week and a half. it will be ready for pickup on tuesday. lol other bad news is my employer owes me a big paycheck and i can't get ahold of him

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

amen to that bro i find myself waiting for payday alot lol
    Yes it is very sad. When I get the opportunity I will get something better. Not to say that I am not appreciative of my job, I do want to be financially independent and have some cash to feed all of my hobbies. Hopefully my music career will kick off then I will have some money to play with.

well bad and good news guys. bad news is the guy i was getting my 3.4L from sold it to the guy in line before me.. bummer right? but good news is i found a 4.3L vortech computer harness and all for a steal. i think im gonna drop that in in the next week and a half. it will be ready for pickup on tuesday. lol other bad news is my employer owes me a big paycheck and i can't get ahold of him
    Wow. Bad,Good, then Bad lol. I hate when someone is holding your money.

green
    1994 camaro

lol yeah i gotta agree im glad i have a job put wouldn't complain if i had a lil more money to throw at these probs. lol yeah that would be nice for that to kick off real quick who knows? it possible.

and i finally got ahold of my asshole boss and he is gonna give me most of what he owes me tomorow while im at work. and i gotta turn in last weeks time sheet. thas the only thing i hate about working for individuals instead of bussinesses. they decide how much they write the check for and all that shit even though you already have an agreement. i mean i know he will get me my money its just a matter of when he wants to let it go.

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Good luck with the new motor. Build it bigger & better.

green
    1994 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by doozjamann View Post
    Good luck with the new motor. Build it bigger & better.
    lol yea bigger and better is always fun. never to much hp lol but im dropping this in just to get my DD back. but while i have that im building a supercharged 3.4L

im actually leaving right now to go pick up the 4.3L vortech im dropping in

Thread Information