white

98 camaro vats problems and clutch/trans

Hey guys. I'm tryin to help out a friend thats new to cars. Hes got a 98 v6 camaro thats only got 70,000 on it. Bodies nice but it sat in a field for a few years and somebody ripped the steering column out. The old owner had a new column put in it and got a key but it doesn't have the chip. So When we try to start the car it wont do anything.. The only thing I can think of is using a pljx module. Would that work or should I do it a different way?

The second problem is the clutch and trans. When it was on the ground you could put it in gear and push the car like it was still in neutral. I was thinking it snapped the pinion or something so I lifted it and rotated the driveshaft and it rotated the tires so it had to be in the trans. We had another person look at it that says he knows transmissions and he said the input shaft is snapped. I've never heard of this happening so I don't really trust him but I don't know who else to take it it. Any ideas in norther cali? Also the clutch is toast. Everywhere I've looked for a clutch is high $200s and above. Isn't this the same as any mustang t 5 transmission ? Why are they so much more, or am I just looking in the wrong places?

His dd just took a dump so were in kind of a hurry to get it on the road.

Thanks in advance guys

white

Picked up a trans last night. Does anyone know about the vats? also the car doesn't have a h/u. Does it need one for the vats? Someone told me you had to have a cd player in there or it wont work.

Thread Information