Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

03 grandam gt not starting

car is a 03 pontiac grand am gt with the 3400 motor

my wife called me this morning saying her car wouldnt start, and that the security light was flashing, me still half asleep told her to try my key, and she had no such luck...well i get up today to go look at it, put the key in, and turn it to on(not started) and all the lights come on normally. turn to start and everything goes blank like it does when you start it, but the starter doesnt even think about engaing, no click, nothing, not even a relay clicking. let off the key and the security light is flashing. i disconnected the battery for 15 minutes tried again with no such luck. load tested the battery and it is still good, has 11.2 volts and all the cells are reading full on my hydrometer. i have no clue as to whats going on...i know on our f bodies the security will just shut off the fuel pump but would still crank, but this damn car doesnt do a thing...any input would be greatly appreciated at this moment

98 Formula
    06 duramax

it's vats just like on our cars.....does the key have the pellet like ours? I would imagine the same bypass would work.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61262

black
    02 ss camaro

It's not a vats. The passlock sensor is part of the lock cylinder housing,probably your problem.

Hook a battery charger up to the car,leave the key in the on position for 10 minutes. You'll see the security light on the dash either flash or stay on steady during the 10 minutes.When the light stops flahing,or goes off,turn the key off,wait 5 seconds,then try and start the car.

If the car starts,you need a new passlock sensor,or lock cylinder housing.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

i totally forgot to update this.....turned key on, car off for 15 minutes. security light went out. shut key back off, and started car just fine after that. im guessing its fairly common as its actually in the owners manual of all places lol

Thread Information