Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Will springs ruin my camber?

This is a discussion on Will springs ruin my camber? within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; I want to purchase a set of eibach springs for my ss but was wondering if the 2002 ss requires ...

  1. #1
    crazy ass white boy dennis ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Age
    39
    Posts
    473

    navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

    Will springs ruin my camber?

    I want to purchase a set of eibach springs for my ss but was wondering if the 2002 ss requires a camber kit? I put springs on another car I had and what a mess that turned out to be.
    2002 Camaro SS/M6. Volant CAI, 80mm TB w/spacer, cat delete w/ ory, borla XR-1 w/ cme, custom tune, 3.73's, 8,000k HID headlights and foglights, 19" staggered ruff 278 wheels.

  2. #2
    sick & twisted SS 02_slp_ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chambersburg PA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    356

    Black
    2002 SS camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis ss View Post
    I want to purchase a set of eibach springs for my ss but was wondering if the 2002 ss requires a camber kit? I put springs on another car I had and what a mess that turned out to be.
    i put them on mine i didnt have to

  3. #3
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    On the rear, no. Up front, possibly. Are your front tires wearing unevenly? If not, then you are fine.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    1,621

    silver
    2000 formula

    whats a camber kit???

  5. #5
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    635

    SOM
    1998 T.A.

    Eibachs suck on these cars. Sorry if that comes across as rude but I swapped my old LT car back to stock after I bought with the POS bumpstop riding Eibachs.....

    To answer your ??? an alignment should bring things back to normal specs but an aligngment is needed. I am currently lowered on a Strano/ Koni setup so I am not talking out of my ass....

  6. #6
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by SOMbitch View Post
    Eibachs suck on these cars. Sorry if that comes across as rude but I swapped my old LT car back to stock after I bought with the POS bumpstop riding Eibachs.....

    To answer your ??? an alignment should bring things back to normal specs but an aligngment is needed. I am currently lowered on a Strano/ Koni setup so I am not talking out of my ass....
    yea I just put eibachs on my car and unfortunately didn't hear the negatives about them until after the fact. People have said that they begin to sag over time. Stranos come up a lot when people talk about good springs.
    2012 Regal GS

    2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    94

    Black
    2000 Trans Am

    Wher is the best place to get the stranos and konis

  8. #8
    11's "CLUB" SS SLP2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Silsbee, Tx
    Posts
    146

    Black
    Y2K Camero SS

    I droped 1 3/4 " around and have no problems aligning to OE specs
    Johnny
    Y2K SS (SLP #239)
    Completly STOCK heads/bore/stroke/weight
    & NOTHING else ---is stock
    "NAW-NAW- just a Sunday goto meeting car, my best time is not in the 12's------- any more "
    ps: I am not soliticing work as I am retired
    >>>info on alignments
    http://www.jgruggles.com

  9. #9
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by croslod View Post
    Wher is the best place to get the stranos and konis
    Sam Strano. He's a sponsor on this site.

  10. #10
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Sam Strano. He's a sponsor on this site.
    He is not currently a site sponsor

  11. #11
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    He is not currently a site sponsor
    Ohhhhhhh. Since when? Didn't know, thanks for the info.

  12. #12
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Ohhhhhhh. Since when? Didn't know, thanks for the info.
    He hasn't been for at least 6 months, probably longer than that.

  13. #13
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    He hasn't been for at least 6 months, probably longer than that.
    I thought he was when I ordered my Koni's and springs from him not too long ago. Oh well, I'll go back to sleep then

  14. #14
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    635

    SOM
    1998 T.A.

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I thought he was when I ordered my Koni's and springs from him not too long ago. Oh well, I'll go back to sleep then

    He is not a sponsor anymore but just google Strano parts.......

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    Posts
    65

    Black
    2002 Trans Am

    Sorry for kind of thread jacking here, but the OP might also want to know this.

    When lowering the car, do you need to install an adjustable pan-hard bar to recenter the car? Also do you need to relocate the lower control arms?

  16. #16
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    Sorry for kind of thread jacking here, but the OP might also want to know this.

    When lowering the car, do you need to install an adjustable pan-hard bar to recenter the car? Also do you need to relocate the lower control arms?
    Agreed on the adjustable PHB. Our rear ends aren't centered correctly to begin with from the factory. I believe they favor the driver's side. When you lower, it will push the rear even further to one side.

    He will need an alignment. Not sure on the LCA's, it may depend on how much the OP is dropping it. I have the BMR non-adjustable LCA's so I am hoping after my Koni/Strano install I'll still be centered in the wheel well.

  17. #17
    crazy ass white boy dennis ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Age
    39
    Posts
    473

    navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Agreed on the adjustable PHB. Our rear ends aren't centered correctly to begin with from the factory. I believe they favor the driver's side. When you lower, it will push the rear even further to one side.

    He will need an alignment. Not sure on the LCA's, it may depend on how much the OP is dropping it. I have the BMR non-adjustable LCA's so I am hoping after my Koni/Strano install I'll still be centered in the wheel well.
    Im just lowering it as little as possible to fill in the fender wells. nothing serious. I'm putting on a set of 19" ruff wheels on and want to complete the look with some springs. I just want to make sure I do it right the first time

  18. #18
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    635

    SOM
    1998 T.A.

    I am lowered over an inch and didn't need LCA relocation but every car is different.....

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    Posts
    65

    Black
    2002 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by SOMbitch View Post
    I am lowered over an inch and didn't need LCA relocation but every car is different.....
    If every car is different, what should we look for in terms of deciding whether or not we need LCA relocation?

  20. #20
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    635

    SOM
    1998 T.A.

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    If every car is different, what should we look for in terms of deciding whether or not we need LCA relocation?
    Wheelhop is usually what makes people relocate the LCA's. I get none on the street with street tires and deadhook on DR's and cut 1.6x 60 ft times at the track. For me since I am more of a handling instead of hooking car having my lca's pointed slightly down improves the lateral traction of the rear which is desireable for my style of driving.... A lot of people also don't understand how much a good set of shocks can work to counter act wheelhop. If I had some worn out Decarbons I may indeed have wheelhop but I have nice set of shocks so I am sure that helps in my case too....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Way to ruin a WS6!! LOOK here!
    By VENOMOUS in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 06:24 AM
  2. Some people really know how to ruin a Kodak Moment
    By Crimson Sin in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 01:38 PM
  3. how to ruin a car by not paying attention
    By psycho1000r in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 06:44 PM
  4. (-) Camber
    By dkishton1486 in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 06:11 PM
  5. camber kit
    By Erik in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-01-2006, 08:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •