wierd question, need advice... any help?

This is a discussion on wierd question, need advice... any help? within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; ...

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

wierd question, need advice... any help?

So I replaced all the shocks in my 2000 camaro and all was going well until one of my front strut mounts broke, sadly as it being later during the day all store are closed, and tomorrow is Easter so none will be open. I have to go back up to school tomorrow night so I will have to finish the project next weekend. so here is when the really hard part comes in. it was a rainy day today and to stay out of the rain I parked the car halfway into my parent garage, since I cant move the car we cant close the door which is not ok for the whole week. So here is my question... how can I move the car less than 8 ft forward so I can close the door? I already tried putting a dolly under the engine cradle and pushing it, but it didnít move at all. I tried just reinstalling the broken mount temporarily but nope donít work either because the shocks were put together improperly (once again canít be fixed till Monday when I'm gone). Me and my dad had what I think seems to be a crazy idea but might work. What if we put a 4x4 piece of wood cut to the right length in place of the struts for only the time it takes to push it forward? I know it would have no travel but it doesnít really need it. I think it would support the weight... I am scared to try this but it seems to be my only option. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Chris

Sunset Metallic Orange
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS

if you have a jack stand to rest frame on, just use your floor jack and lift from the lower control arm, remove jack stand, have your dad start it up ease it in slowly while you keep the floor jack straight.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Well, neither tire can be installed because I believe the place I had set up the strut put them together wrong because they are too hard to get correctly in place in the right holes. I have tried with all my might and I'm not a small guy. Thanks for the reply.

Chris

Thread Information