Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wheel hop= LCA'S and relocation brackets or.....

This is a discussion on Wheel hop= LCA'S and relocation brackets or..... within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Can I use the Konis with my stock springs and retain my stock ride height? Or should I opt for ...

Arrest Me Red
    1997 Formula

Can I use the Konis with my stock springs and retain my stock ride height? Or should I opt for the springs as well?
    For non-autocross use, are the single adjustables O.K.? Or are the double adjustables worth the extra coin? The extra cost is not a huge issue, but I can't see paying extra for functionality I will never use.
    The car is used on the street with an occasional trip to the drags for adjustments.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon7I2 View Post
    Is adjustable really the way to go? i have been hearing it is best to get adjustable suspension parts when possible, is the way to go?
    oh..oh yeah?..hmm...yeah that sounds good...yeah...hmmm

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by koolaid_kid View Post
    Can I use the Konis with my stock springs and retain my stock ride height? Or should I opt for the springs as well?
    For non-autocross use, are the single adjustables O.K.? Or are the double adjustables worth the extra coin? The extra cost is not a huge issue, but I can't see paying extra for functionality I will never use.
    The car is used on the street with an occasional trip to the drags for adjustments.
    yes, you can use the koni's w/ stocl springs @ stock height.
    If you chose the SA, it has 2 perch location (stock, ~3/4" drop)
    As for opting for a spring... depends on what your goals are... what kind of spring rate you want ? and then shock selection should follow that answer. The beauty of adjustable shocks, is that it allows you to change spring rates and still keep the same shocks w/ some minor adjustments.
    As for SA vs DA... the DA are way more $$$... they are worth the $, but unless you are a serious racer, it's just added room to screw up a suspension that anything else.... i personally would stay w/ SA not DA (eventhough I have DA).

BTW, once adjusted for proper damping, you shouldn't be changing the setting for soft/stiff... stiffness is dictaded by springs... the shock just controls that given spring rate... if not properly damped, you get into underdmaped and overdamped scenarios (both are bad)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information