Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

wheel balance/alignment?

So my car has recently been aligned (approx 3 months ago)

I bought new tires, and had my wheels balanced prior to installation - approx 1 month ago.

I have noticed almost immediately after putting on the new tires, that my car seems to "shake" at 55-70 mph. In fourth and fifth gear it is very noticeable.

my steering wheel shakes a bit, but my passenger seat (with no one in it) shows the obvious problem, It literally shakes enough to see it moving?

What does that sound like?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS I am getting bad vibes about this. LOL

2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    Liquid Red

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

Wheel balance problem?
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

white
    2002 z28

never been 100% on any post but, i i am in this one, that is tire balancing. i had the same problem and drove like it for a month. my pass seat was moving back and forth crazyyyy. then took it up to the shop and the right rear was 3.75 OZ weight off . after that $8 fix. its a smooth ride, and my cheeks on my face arnt giggleing any more.

have them recheck the balancing since it wasnt doing it before. i wieght could of broke off or worse case secnario it could be a bent rim but dought it

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    never been 100% on any post but, i i am in this one, that is tire balancing. i had the same problem and drove like it for a month. my pass seat was moving back and forth crazyyyy. then took it up to the shop and the right rear was 3.75 OZ weight off . after that $8 fix. its a smooth ride, and my cheeks on my face arnt giggleing any more.

have them recheck the balancing since it wasnt doing it before. i wieght could of broke off or worse case secnario it could be a bent rim but dought it
    Thanks I am going to go tomorrow and have them check it --

white
    2002 z28

trust me, once you said your pass seats were shaking crazy i knew what it was. i only have 35 K on car soo i was really worried since it soo new. but that was the best $8 fix i ever done

good luck, and post soon as

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    trust me, once you said your pass seats were shaking crazy i knew what it was. i only have 35 K on car soo i was really worried since it soo new. but that was the best $8 fix i ever done

good luck, and post soon as
    i have the same problem but my car pulls to the left.......and i had the tires and wheels balanced and they balanced out perfectly......could be the alignment also.....
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Any Pulling Issue Is A Wheel Alignment Issue....any Vibration Or Shaking At Highway Speeds Is Usually A Wheel Balance Issue. Take It To A Dealership For Either Because Most After Market Shops Will Balance Wheels But Not Balance Out Load Force. Without Knowing Load Force, You Will Never Know If You Just Flat Out Have A Bad Tire. Knowledge Is Power.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    So my car has recently been aligned (approx 3 months ago)

I bought new tires, and had my wheels balanced prior to installation - approx 1 month ago.

I have noticed almost immediately after putting on the new tires, that my car seems to "shake" at 55-70 mph. In fourth and fifth gear it is very noticeable.

my steering wheel shakes a bit, but my passenger seat (with no one in it) shows the obvious problem, It literally shakes enough to see it moving?

What does that sound like?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS I am getting bad vibes about this. LOL
    my guess is it wasn't shaking before the new tires. if so, it tells you what it is, the tire balancing.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    i have the same problem but my car pulls to the left.......and i had the tires and wheels balanced and they balanced out perfectly......could be the alignment also.....
    you could possibly have a tire starting to seperate. have they tried moving the tires front to back or side to side to see if the pull changes? if the pull doesn't change after swapping tires around, have the alignment checked.

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Any Pulling Issue Is A Wheel Alignment Issue.
    incorrect. there are other inluences to cause a car to pull. tires, brakes, worn parts, or power steering. i run an alignment/suspension shop.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23
    incorrect. there are other inluences to cause a car to pull. tires, brakes, worn parts, or power steering. i run an alignment/suspension shop.

my apologies, i should have said, "usually means" obviously, as you probably know, without getting more information or physically seeing the vehicle its pretty difficult to determine.
    Last edited by mrr23; 10-04-2007 at 05:14 PM. Reason: fixed quote

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

that's better.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    that's better.