Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Whats the best STRUT TOWER BRACE

This is a discussion on Whats the best STRUT TOWER BRACE within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by lrader99 i dont know i like SLP i dont buy directly from them and if you need ...

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by lrader99 View Post
    i dont know i like SLP i dont buy directly from them and if you need any help they are a pain to get ahold of but they have never let me down and have sent and replaced many a part for free... like the other day they sent me a replacement for a defective line lock line...it had a bad flare and wouldnt seal...sent me a new one no charge. but on the STB issue. i have an Edelbrock 3 point. absolute pain to install because you have to disassemble the entire cowl, but i can tell a difference, though i just changed my intake to a professional products intake and the clearance is now very tight...like 1/4" from the top of the intake to the bottom of the STB....this intake has some really tall runners.

I have also heard of the 3 points cracking windshields...mine is already cracked before the STB it never got any worse after the install...but wouldnt a 3 point be better by better i mean stiffer because you have triangulated the brace...like the difference between 2 and 3 point SFC's?
    Where is your windshield cracked? And what about your intake, I have never heard of them?

Silver
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by WARP211 View Post
    Well I'm sure that the STB.. Does work or why would they build it..?? and why do all those pesky imports get them.. I know it comes into play cuz are car's are unibody.. We have nothing to support chassis flex unless you get subfame connectors.. By doing that we make a complete frame.. instead of being seperated..

Also about the comment to SLP.. I think that SLP makes good products if you wanna stay STOCK...!! What I mean by that is that they are BOLT-ONS..If your car is warranty then you just take them off..!! And its a good way to put extra power in the car without it breaking anything. .
    Are you serious? "Does work or why would they build it?" Thank you for winning the most naive person award. Anyone know the answer to this one? Would they make it because they know they can say it works and people will buy it, thus they can make money. Ding ding ding. I am not saying that is what people are doing with this STB, but don't act like just because they sell it that means it works.

Didnt you ever see the Electric supercharger on ebay for cars? Why dont you get that one also... I mean, they sell it, it must boost your car right?

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Quote Originally Posted by jmhvenom View Post
    Are you serious? "Does work or why would they build it?" Thank you for winning the most naive person award. Anyone know the answer to this one? Would they make it because they know they can say it works and people will buy it, thus they can make money. Ding ding ding. I am not saying that is what people are doing with this STB, but don't act like just because they sell it that means it works.

Didnt you ever see the Electric supercharger on ebay for cars? Why dont you get that one also... I mean, they sell it, it must boost your car right?
    Actually I know someone with that Electric supercharger.. He put it on his civic and it did do something cuz he race his friend and beat him by about 2 car legths.. they were both civic's same yr.. had intake and exhust(Both of them)..(Friend had electric supercharger..) So it did gain some hp and tq.. the #'s might not be a big gain but then again it DID SOMETHING...

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

I know it comes into play cuz our car's are unibody.. We have nothing to support chassis flex.. And maybe you should read my thread again cuz you must of miss this..

flat black
    mine is cracked on the very bottom drivers side coming up from the wiper arm stud...caught a massive rock that got chucked by a semi and it hit right on the edge of the glass..broke the wiper arm cracked for abou 8-10" then stopped never got any worse i figured it would but dont know....also after the STB was put in and the entire suspension was done i had the windshield pulled and put back in so that the stiffness of the body wasnt causing any extra stress...you can pick up the back of my car on a LCA mount and it will pick up the front of the car the exact same amount....i think she might be a lil stiff...the first time it happened i was freakin out cause im soo used to popping the Ttops out cause of flex and they person who lifted the car didnt take them out..anywho nough said...

Silver
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by WARP211 View Post
    I know it comes into play cuz our car's are unibody.. We have nothing to support chassis flex.. And maybe you should read my thread again cuz you must of miss this..
    Read your thread just fine, I didn't say anything about your explaination. But, you claimed that it must work because they sell it... They is what I thought was hilarious.

did the civics race before? You know... if you look at all the stock Camaros on here... they all run different times. Amazing huh, that electronic supercharger did nothing for your friends civic. His car just happened to be a little faster. Maybe he shifted better. Maybe he weighed less or what he had in his car was less weight. Or maybe, they could have been in the EXACT same condition, and still one could be faster. Amazing isnt it.

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Quote Originally Posted by jmhvenom View Post
    Read your thread just fine, I didn't say anything about your explaination. But, you claimed that it must work because they sell it... They is what I thought was hilarious.

did the civics race before? You know... if you look at all the stock Camaros on here... they all run different times. Amazing huh, that electronic supercharger did nothing for your friends civic. His car just happened to be a little faster. Maybe he shifted better. Maybe he weighed less or what he had in his car was less weight. Or maybe, they could have been in the EXACT same condition, and still one could be faster. Amazing isnt it.
    well i got nothing to say.. but i witness it have you>??

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

saying that a strut tower brace doesn't work as well because SLP made it is a bit rediculous. it's a bar with plates welded on, just like how BMR makes them. and I only paid 100 for mine. works great. so do my 3 pt. SFC's i bought from them. and my lid, and my air bellows. I shopped around before I bought them and chose all of them after the fact. I'm kinda thinking maybe I should've gotten the BMR SFC's because they tuck up better, but that's about it.

Blue
    01 SS M6 SLP#4572

all my SLP stuff works great.... it was all on there when i got it but i have heard that it runs a lot better then stock..

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Thumbs up THE BEST "STB" is ~~~~~

The CHROME 2-bolt one from "_________" products. Oh yeah, they also make the best headers with THE MOST ground clearance too. Price ~ $125.00 shipped for the brace.
    Last edited by Z ROADSTER; 03-23-2007 at 10:38 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information