Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What will work for a drop but not rub?

This is a discussion on What will work for a drop but not rub? within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by RAWPWR3 Thanks alot i appreciate it man, yeah and that picture was when it was wet. You ...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by RAWPWR3 View Post
    Thanks alot i appreciate it man, yeah and that picture was when it was wet. You should see her in the sun when shes all prettied up. I too like SOM, pewter,black and of course MRM. By the way, do you clean inside youre wheel wells?

How much money have you put into your car?

Look at last post on page 14, that should give you an idea how anal I am about cleaning

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

WOW! Thats freakin' insane man, you're my new hero! The reason i asked was 'cause if i lowered my car i was worried i would'nt be able to clean in there any more. I too am anal about maintainig my car clean. But how do you manage to keep you're undercarriage that clean!? Is you're car a DD? Im gonna have to find a new way of cleaning under there 'cause ive missed a few spots compared to you! I do keep my engine bay spotless though, you could eat off it. But i still have the wiring running through the factory locations, man what a difference that and a few painted parts makes! It looks like i still have alot of work to do!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

WOW! Thats freakin' insane man, you're my new hero! The reason i asked was 'cause if i lowered my car i was worried i would'nt be able to clean in there any more. I too am anal about maintainig my car clean. But how do you manage to keep you're undercarriage that clean!? Is you're car a DD? Im gonna have to find a new way of cleaning under there 'cause ive missed a few spots compared to you! I do keep my engine bay spotless though, you could eat off it. But i still have the wiring running through the factory locations, man what a difference that and a few painted parts makes! It looks like i still have alot of work to do!
    Glad to meet another enthusiast with the clean anal disease like me
    The car isn't a DD, but it does have 70,000 miles on it. I try to clean underneath the car and the insides of the wheels once a month if not more. I don't drive in rain/bad weather either.

Cleaning up the wires and a few painted pieces does make a huge difference in the engine bay like you mentioned. I use Simple Green to do all my cleaning. Do you have any pics of your engine bay you could email me?

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Sure, whats you're adress?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Sure, whats you're adress?
    pdcharlt@hotmail.com

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

I sent them you're way. let me know if you get them, 'cause my computer is a little stupid.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I sent them you're way. let me know if you get them, 'cause my computer is a little stupid.
    Nothing has shown up yet

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

How 'bout now? If it still doesnt work ill just send them from my moms computer which is where all the pictures are anyways.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

How 'bout now? If it still doesnt work ill just send them from my moms computer which is where all the pictures are anyways.
    No, sorry

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Alright, no problem. Ill just try from the other computer.

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Alrighty then, i hope it worked this time cause if not im out of ideas. Like i said before, im not very good with computers.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Alrighty then, i hope it worked this time cause if not im out of ideas. Like i said before, im not very good with computers.
    Nothing

Don't worry about it though,

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Hold on i still got an idea left. Go to my profile picture, i just changed it to one of the pics of my engine bay. Its not the best pic in the world and it really doesnt do it justice, but i tried. This was right after i installed my headers that i gave her a good detailing. Although it pales in comparison to yours, i try to keep it as clean as i possibly can.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Hold on i still got an idea left. Go to my profile picture, i just changed it to one of the pics of my engine bay. Its not the best pic in the world and it really doesnt do it justice, but i tried. This was right after i installed my headers that i gave her a good detailing. Although it pales in comparison to yours, i try to keep it as clean as i possibly can.
    That worked and I can tell you maintain it well

One thing I would suggest, and this is probably just a personal preference by me, is remove all the stickers, I think you would be AMAZED how clean it looked after that. I am by no means saying it looks bad now, its very very clean, thats obvious.

I have removed every single sticker off my car and motor, I just am not a fan of them. You are doing an excellent job with that car though

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Thank you very much, i appreciate that. I noticed you didnt have any stickers under there, including the ones on the shock towers that say the routing for the belt. Ill think about it, most of them are starting to peel off anyways cause of the heat under there.
    Oh, i forgot to mention, but i dont know if you can tell by my avatar but the previous owner of the car plastered firebird decals all over the place and i dont care for them too much. But the only thing thats holding me back from removing them is fear of the paint being faded so if i take them off youll still be able to see the outline of where the sticker used to be. What do you think? Should i risk taking them off?
    Last edited by RAWPWR3; 12-01-2006 at 03:18 PM.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Thank you very much, i appreciate that. I noticed you didnt have any stickers under there, including the ones on the shock towers that say the routing for the belt. Ill think about it, most of them are starting to peel off anyways cause of the heat under there.
    Oh, i forgot to mention, but i dont know if you can tell by my avatar but the previous owner of the car plastered firebird decals all over the place and i dont care for them too much. But the only thing thats holding me back from removing them is fear of the paint being faded so if i take them off youll still be able to see the outline of where the sticker used to be. What do you think? Should i risk taking them off?
    I would take them off. I removed my side molding about 2 months ago and there was no fading. You can always clay bar and wax where they were to help if there is any residue or fading.

I wanted to mention also, that if you will take some polish to the dryer unit, its right next to the traction control, that will polish up very nicely and give you some added bling under there

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Apologies to vipVEGAS and MRR23 for taking this thread so far off topic

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Thanks ill try that, and sorry fellas for stealing you're thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information