Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

what does a TQ Arm do

This is a discussion on what does a TQ Arm do within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; how has your car performed with the addition of a new after market tq arm, does it weight transfer better, ...

  1. #1
    Member silverz28camaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Washington MO
    Age
    31
    Posts
    796

    sebring silver
    2000 z28

    what does a TQ Arm do

    how has your car performed with the addition of a new after market tq arm, does it weight transfer better, lift the front end more, and reduce wheel hop? Has anyone seen 60' times decrease

    i already have lower control arms and just got my edelbrock TQ arm in but will not be able to install it til my tranny comes in

  2. #2
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    TQ arm is the shit-you'll put more power to the wheels becuase the rear end/drivetrain can't twist as much with the after market one. The real way to see a huge difference is to get a chassis mounted tq arm [much more expensive] and the rear won't twist at all b/c it's not holding on to the tranny [which has some movement]. But you'll definately be happy with a new tq arm b/c everything is better than stock

  3. #3
    LS1-TA schrysler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    utah
    Age
    34
    Posts
    427

    Red
    1998 Trans Am Vert

    How Much Do They Go For?
    1998 Trans Am Vert, M6, Soon to be full of goodies......

  4. #4
    Senior Member Zboner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    cincinnati/northern ky
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,045

    Black
    99 SS

    i paid 450 for the BMR trac pak, and that is a body mounted one, they range from 250-350 i believe

  5. #5
    Senior Member Bottesini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denton, Texas soon Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,955

    Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

    If you get a torque arm while still having a stock rear, and then upgrade to a new rear like a 9 inch. Would there be any problems with the torque arm ? Like needing a new one ?

  6. #6
    2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lathrop, Missouri
    Posts
    2,479

    NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

    Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    If you get a torque arm while still having a stock rear, and then upgrade to a new rear like a 9 inch. Would there be any problems with the torque arm ? Like needing a new one ?
    No, Moser makes the 9" to be a direct replacement to your factory 10 bolt.

  7. #7
    Senior Member greatwhiteZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    d
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,675

    white
    2002 z28

    i know its not crazy fast times but what have people seen with the addition of one

  8. #8
    Next Race= WSIR 2/26-27 SIK02SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Winner's Circle
    Age
    32
    Posts
    201
    Too many

    Quote Originally Posted by Jays00ss View Post
    No, Moser makes the 9" to be a direct replacement to your factory 10 bolt.

    not always..some people have problems with it when they go to a 9"


    UE decoupled is the best on the market for road racers/auto crossers...but it'll set cha back $820

  9. #9
    Senior Member clg82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,453
    2000 Trans Am

    where is a good place to buy a good torgue arm? please give me a link as well. Also what kind and what brand? i am planning on lowering and getting new shocks on the car as well. anyone know where to get a good setup for that?
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

  10. #10
    Senior Member greatwhiteZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    d
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,675

    white
    2002 z28

    BMR

    here is the link

    http://bmrfabrication.com/

  11. #11
    Crazy Canuck ! Eugenio_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Montreal, CANADA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,190

    triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

    1 thing to remember about TA, though...
    there are mainly 2 types of them.. connected to the frame (which tend to be shorter) and the ones connected to the tranny (which tend to be longer).
    The stock one connects to the tranny.

    Question to ask ourselves... what's the difference between both approaches ?
    In a nutshell, the shorter version allows for great transfer on acceleration, since the TA is shorter... BUT the longer version will help you a lot more during braking.. also note that the longer it is, the less wheelhop you might get during braking.

    So short is great for acceleration, long is great for braking... chose your poison.
    If you're into drag-racing, the short might be the answer... if you're into handling, road-racing and don't want to compromise braking, longer might be the answer.
    There is a hybrid solution that aint free and works great, allowing for a TA that changes charateristics based on its load... when accelerating, acts like a short one, when braking acts like a VERY long one... it's the UE-TA... great product... but you get what you pay for.

    Anyways... some ppl just go w/ the short version because it connects to that frame and not the tranny, removing stress from the tranny... but lots of ppl aren't aware of the implications of a shorter one.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

  12. #12
    Member silverz28camaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Washington MO
    Age
    31
    Posts
    796

    sebring silver
    2000 z28

    mine is a n edelbrock from summit for $180, not bad and looks cool

  13. #13
    Senior Member clg82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,453
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by silverz28camaro View Post
    mine is a n edelbrock from summit for $180, not bad and looks cool
    did you notice a difference with it? and where did you buy it from (link?)

  14. #14
    Senior Member greatwhiteZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    d
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,675

    white
    2002 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS View Post
    1 thing to remember about TA, though...
    there are mainly 2 types of them.. connected to the frame (which tend to be shorter) and the ones connected to the tranny (which tend to be longer).
    The stock one connects to the tranny.

    Question to ask ourselves... what's the difference between both approaches ?
    In a nutshell, the shorter version allows for great transfer on acceleration, since the TA is shorter... BUT the longer version will help you a lot more during braking.. also note that the longer it is, the less wheelhop you might get during braking.

    So short is great for acceleration, long is great for braking... chose your poison.
    If you're into drag-racing, the short might be the answer... if you're into handling, road-racing and don't want to compromise braking, longer might be the answer.
    There is a hybrid solution that aint free and works great, allowing for a TA that changes charateristics based on its load... when accelerating, acts like a short one, when braking acts like a VERY long one... it's the UE-TA... great product... but you get what you pay for.

    Anyways... some ppl just go w/ the short version because it connects to that frame and not the tranny, removing stress from the tranny... but lots of ppl aren't aware of the implications of a shorter one.

    greay info, didnt know

  15. #15
    Senior Member clg82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,453
    2000 Trans Am

    hello

  16. #16
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    How about the Global West Trac-Link setup?

  17. #17
    Senior Member JonB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,458

    Black
    2005 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    did you notice a difference with it? and where did you buy it from (link?)
    I run the edelbrock ta as well from summit. There is a definete differance the is a much better feel of the weight transfer, you can feel the rear squat and the front lift. Sorry can't provide a link since summit is not a sponser but I'm sure you could find it if you look. Some of the sponser may carry it as well I have not looked.
    05 PBM GTO
    Cold Air Inductions CAI,
    Relocated IAT with omega,
    Slp Predator tune,
    Flowmaster axle back with H pipe,
    Custom tuned TCM.
    BC Racing coil overs


    Sold 01 z28

  18. #18
    Member silverz28camaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Washington MO
    Age
    31
    Posts
    796

    sebring silver
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    hello
    you can call summit or go to their web sit i have not installed it yet being that i need to wait for my new tranny to come in.

  19. #19
    Junior Member Redstaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver B.C. Canada
    Posts
    89

    Red
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    duhduhduh

    Quote Originally Posted by schrysler View Post
    How Much Do They Go For?
    What kind of a lameass retard makes fun of handicapped people?????

  20. #20
    Crazy Canuck ! Eugenio_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Montreal, CANADA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,190

    triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

    back to our discussion @ hand... TA.
    thank you !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •