Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

What does removing swaybars do

This is a discussion on What does removing swaybars do within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; For those of you who don't know this...your car goes faster with all four wheels on the ground. Just saying...

  1. #21
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    For those of you who don't know this...your car goes faster with all four wheels on the ground. Just saying

  2. #22
    Senior Member JoshuaGrooms83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI
    Posts
    1,539

    Red
    98 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    For those of you who don't know this...your car goes faster with all four wheels on the ground. Just saying
    lol thats what i was thinking lol Im keeping mine in, just need new links lol well just one but might as well get a set lol
    I myself wouldnt worry about doing this mod so much unless my car were to be strictly a drag car (never gonna happen) I like roads like i like my women, curvy

  3. #23
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    lol thats what i was thinking lol Im keeping mine in, just need new links lol well just one but might as well get a set lol
    I myself wouldnt worry about doing this mod so much unless my car were to be strictly a drag car (never gonna happen) I like roads like i like my women, curvy

  4. #24
    Senior Member JoshuaGrooms83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI
    Posts
    1,539

    Red
    98 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    ? why ?
    Im sorry but i like a little curve in my women. A stick just doesnt do it for me. Niether does a drag strip. Its ok... for like 14 secs and then what? if you have a popular stip, its clogged with every tuner, muscle head, bikers, and everything else inbetween. So for an open test and tune night, from like 5-9ish maybe 10 if you lucky, you get what.. maybe 5 or 6 passes. Lets say you have a car that can do 12.5. a mild car. 12.5 x 5 = 62.5 SECONDS of racing... Thats 01:02.5 out of 4 or 5 hours at a race track... kinda boring. IF you by chance have a small town track, you might get 15 to 20 runs. Giving you (with the same formula) gives you 250secs of racing which gives oyu 4:166 minutes worth of racing. And of course if you are a smart racer you let your car cool off ever so often to get that nice consistant run (or ice your intake) So, like an anarexic Christina Ricci, kinda boring and lifeless to me. Give me a size 5-10 healthy chic any day baby Same with tracks, I like road race tracks.

  5. #25
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    ? why ?
    Im sorry but i like a little curve in my women. A stick just doesnt do it for me. Niether does a drag strip. Its ok... for like 14 secs and then what? if you have a popular stip, its clogged with every tuner, muscle head, bikers, and everything else inbetween. So for an open test and tune night, from like 5-9ish maybe 10 if you lucky, you get what.. maybe 5 or 6 passes. Lets say you have a car that can do 12.5. a mild car. 12.5 x 5 = 62.5 SECONDS of racing... Thats 01:02.5 out of 4 or 5 hours at a race track... kinda boring. IF you by chance have a small town track, you might get 15 to 20 runs. Giving you (with the same formula) gives you 250secs of racing which gives oyu 4:166 minutes worth of racing. And of course if you are a smart racer you let your car cool off ever so often to get that nice consistant run (or ice your intake) So, like an anarexic Christina Ricci, kinda boring and lifeless to me. Give me a size 5-10 healthy chic any day baby Same with tracks, I like road race tracks.
    I was in agreement..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif


    Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

  6. #26
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    It's all about what ya like. I for one love the dragstrip, it's how performance has been measured since world war II.
    For $10-$20 I feel I get my money's worth just to find out how fast the car is..even if I only get a few in..It's my way of dyno measuring to see how my changes affect the car. I also like to watch and learn, see what others are doing. Besides the fact that I'm more into classic muscle cars, known for straight line performance. Not something I want to take around a curve at high speed..

    Everyone enjoys their cars different ways. It's all good

  7. #27
    Member jrgswhitels1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In front of you, where else?
    Posts
    258

    Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

    ...like "word", not "weird". Can be confused easily if your blind, like me.
    1993 Black Camaro Z28 LT-Won

  8. #28
    Senior Member JoshuaGrooms83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI
    Posts
    1,539

    Red
    98 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by jrgswhitels1 View Post
    ...like "word", not "weird". Can be confused easily if your blind, like me.
    my bad It looked like weird at a quick glance.
    but yeah, swaybars.. lol i like mine lol

  9. #29
    Member Eganslp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    31
    Posts
    271

    Sunset metallic orange
    '01 Camaro SS

    Guys I wasnt asking for a debate on wether or not to take it off!! I know it's been proven you go faster when all wheels are on the ground. Just curios if I'd be safe if I had drove around with them off, & if it helps the squatting of the car for launching that's all!! & come on guys, when we were all kids watching our pops or someone else messing around with their toys (the true muscle cars) dragging down the strip/(closed)street no one else just stopped what they did and found that to be the most amazing thing ever seen and heard? Watching the wheels lift off the ground, with the sound of the motor rev'n up flyin passed you Omfg that's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Just saying!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The sound of your piss hitting the urinal.......yea it sounds feminine!

  10. #30
    Senior Member JoshuaGrooms83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI
    Posts
    1,539

    Red
    98 Trans Am

    lol true. I do like seeing cars lifting the frontend up. lol but for now im half diconected until i get my new links in lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS 04 Swaybars and end links
    By BitViper in forum Corvette
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 09:47 AM
  2. Strano Swaybars
    By Sam Strano in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 12:25 AM
  3. BMR Swaybars Front and rear
    By RS_SS69 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 11:39 AM
  4. factory swaybars
    By motrhd1 in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 04:02 PM
  5. Swaybars as my first suspension mod
    By 7camaro7 in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 02:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •