what do i need?

This is a discussion on what do i need? within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; what do i need to put on my susp. if i have a 02 ss with around 430rwhp to make ...

silver
    2002 ss camaro

what do i need?

what do i need to put on my susp. if i have a 02 ss with around 430rwhp to make it right,, i dont go to the drag strip to much so what would i need to do. should i lower the car?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

All depends on what your looking to do. If you dont race much you probably dont need to change much. you could lower it for a better look depending on your tire/rim setup. I have a 99 ws6 with slightly more hp. but I race a decent amount so I went with a mix of Hotchkis and Global West suspension components to get a better launch. Really it all comes down to what you are looking to do - performance, looks, or comfort.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

silver
    2002 ss camaro

how much should i lower it.. i have stock rims and tires. which is 275/40r17. so could you lower it extremely or just mildly.. i have seen some kits that say they will lower the car 2 inches.. i would think that would be prett extreme

Life In The Fast Lane..!! redracer1's Avatar

Brickyard 400 Trac Car#10
    35th Camaro SS/LE Vert

3/4" to 1.25". much more and you could be into the bump stops depending on the set up you go with. Top of the heap is the Koni SA(shocks)/Strano(springs). Eldebrock IAS are not a bad choice. BilsteinHD's on Strano springs is a good compromise also. There are some supporting mods to think about also. Adj. PHB, LCA's, relocation brackets and each of these comes with it's set of options also.
    Go here for all your needs:
    http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbymodel.php?ModelID=7

Remember shocks & springs are a package deal & must work well together or you'll be hating life.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    All depends on what your looking to do. If you dont race much you probably dont need to change much. you could lower it for a better look depending on your tire/rim setup. I have a 99 ws6 with slightly more hp. but I race a decent amount so I went with a mix of Hotchkis and Global West suspension components to get a better launch. Really it all comes down to what you are looking to do - performance, looks, or comfort.
    Quote Originally Posted by redracer1 View Post
    3/4" to 1.25". much more and you could be into the bump stops depending on the set up you go with. Top of the heap is the Koni SA(shocks)/Strano(springs). Eldebrock IAS are not a bad choice. BilsteinHD's on Strano springs is a good compromise also. There are some supporting mods to think about also. Adj. PHB, LCA's, relocation brackets and each of these comes with it's set of options also.
    Go here for all your needs:
    http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbymodel.php?ModelID=7

Remember shocks & springs are a package deal & must work well together or you'll be hating life.
    two good post for sure. but like what was posted 1st what do you want to do with the car and we can point you in the right way. also what kind of price are you looking at? all need to know stuff

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Technically speaking lowering the car isn't going to help you launch.

RED
    2001 CAMARO ss

i like autox and trackdays so i installed strano full package and l really like it . So an if i go to the race track (drag,s) i just lowwer the air pressure on the rear tires and still run 12.79 with only bolt on , street tires , 6speed Car .

Thread Information