Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Watts link/Future mods questions

So just picked up a used Fays2 watts link and some strano sway bars this weekend, and I've have a set of bilstein shocks to put in as well. My plans are to also get SFC's, lower control arms, and strano lowering springs as well, my question is should I put in what I have or will that just make more head aches down the road when I get the rest of the parts?

Here is my trunk full of fun so far

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I don't see any reason why you can not install what you have.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I don't see any reason why you can not install what you have.
    Sounds good to me, just didn't want to be doing things twice I don't have to.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Installing the LCA's and SFC's together makes sense as you utilize the same bolt hole. You will have to unbolt the shocks (if they are for the rear) to swap out the springs, but that is simply one bolt on the bottom of each shock, so no big deal.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Installing the LCA's and SFC's together makes sense as you utilize the same bolt hole. You will have to unbolt the shocks (if they are for the rear) to swap out the springs, but that is simply one bolt on the bottom of each shock, so no big deal.
    I hope to get my SFC's ordered this week but don't think the lca's will be until next month. Thanks for the advise though Jeff

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

The other issue I'm running into is the sway bar end links need replaced. They are strano parts and I've so far been unable to source replacements. Anyone know where to find them? I'm going to email Strano about SFC's and ask then, but if I could find them cheaper obviously that's better.
    '01 SS hardtop 6-speed - SLP lid and smooth bellows, Magnaflow catback, TSP LT's and ORY, Tune by Frost, Founders PB,LCA's and RB's, UMI 2 pt SFC's, Strano front and rear sway bars- Strano springs and Bilsteins.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

They use something different than standard sway bar end links? if not, I would just buy a replacement with poly bushings from Energy, P-S-T, or Prothane.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

They use something different than standard sway bar end links? if not, I would just buy a replacement with poly bushings from Energy, P-S-T, or Prothane.
    I have a set of energy fronts and the worn out ones that came with the bars are on bigger bolts with slightly different lengths. Also looks like the guy I got them from cut the collars down a bit. I'm going to try to put the front on with the energy ones and see how it goes since I have them

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Ok so next question i have is on LCA's. I was going to go with UMI on everything but got to look at Founders site and can get arms and the relocation brackets shipped to my door for roughly the price of the adjustable UMI's. I haven't been anything bad about their products yet, has anyone had experience with them? Still going to go with UMI's bolt on 2 point sfc's

EDIT:Also I got the watts link and rear sway bar on and it is AWESOME!

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Well after doing some more reading today I've went ahead and ordered the founders LCA's so we'll see how they go

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Out of curiosity, where is the Founders stuff manufactured? I like UMI as it is all made right here in PA, they have great support and their stuff just looks and fits perfect. Not that I am biased or anything.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Out of curiosity, where is the Founders stuff manufactured? I like UMI as it is all made right here in PA, they have great support and their stuff just looks and fits perfect. Not that I am biased or anything.
    I looked into that as I didn't want anything made from Chinese steel, all of their parts descriptions say specifically made in USA with US steel. As far as location goes, all I could find was their account on TECH says Paso Robles, CA so I assume that's it. I was skeptical at first as well but couldn't find anything negative online about their parts or service so I figure its worth a shot on the LCA's and a brackets. I did order UMI's SFC's but went through summit for the free shipping, which I ordered yesterday and will be here today

Thread Information