White
    2001 Z28

Watts Link--F-body (it's real, taking pre-orders)

Subject line should say: "Watts Link--F-body (it's real and we're taking pre-orders)."

I'm now happy to announce we can take pre-orders on a Watts Link for all 82-02 F-bodies with stock diamter axle tubes. There is a version for bigger axle tubes (suck as 12-bolts, etc.) in the works.

They should be ready to ship in approximately 2-3 weeks. The unit is made by Fays2 who has been doing these for Mustangs for more than a few years. I not only trust the unit and have had all my questions answered, but will be putting one on my car as soon as possible. Jim and I have had a few discussions about the design and I'm happy to say he addressed my main concerns regarding approximate roll-center height. I wanted to make sure we could start @ stock height and adjust down as the owner sees fit. That has been done and implimented in this unit.

Details, specs and a photo on a 4th gen can be seen here: http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbymodel.php?ModelID=7

Price is $650 Plus shipping. Shipping costs will normally not exceed $30 in most cases.

Fays2 own website has the pricing set lower, but after a discussion with Jim Fay, he informed me the prices are incorrect and will be changed.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

fixed title... limited amount of characters for title, though.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

White
    2001 Z28

Thank you....

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Nice product...I just had to tighten my panhard last night, felt like my rear end was shifting left and right really bad....because it was...will definately be looking into this as well as some other of your fine products, as soon as I recoop from the headers, etc. I just invested in...

JOSEY FUCKING WALES! Frankthetank's Avatar

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

Im sorry but i read that article on it...and i dont see what the advantage that u are selling....Im not putting it down...just not understanding....

Does it help straightline traction? or help in turns?

Pros and cons?

TSP Rumbler, LT's, TSP Tqr2, PRC 921 Springs, Comp Lifters, Chromoly 7.4" Pushrods, Titanium Retainers/Seats/Seals, ARP head bolts, BMR full Rear suspension

"I could break a bowling ball with a plastic hammer in a sandbox"

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

helps in cornering.

White
    2001 Z28

Color update:

Fays2 has used Red since they started building these... When I asked about black he was a little suprised that the color might make or break a sale on such a big part (that's not available anywhere else).

That said, he told me he'd consider it. The issue is he has to run batches to the powdercoater and it's just more trouble to do it all the way around. More cost, more time, and more overhead when you now have to carry two of the same part, but for a color change.

In the end, orders speak. If I get a number of orders who prefer black I think we can make that happen. But you have to get your pre-orders in, and soon so I can arrange any possibility of a black option. Those pre-orders need to have a notation on them that you prefer black if that's the case.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shipping update:

Shipping within the next 3 weeks was the word I got today. First come, first served. Early orders go out first
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Fitment update:

A unit was test fitted to a car with a Dana S60 rear, and also a 12-bolt rear. The bottom line is that you will order by axle tube size. We cannot be responsible for all the different axle tubes that might be around (there are at least a couple). The Watts Link is standard for the car, only the axle clamps vary--you'll just need to measure your tube diameter to make sure we send you the correct size.
    Sam Strano
    SCCA National Champion (x6)
    SCCA ProSolo Class Champion (x5)
    2009 SCCA ProSolo Overall Champion
    Owner--Strano Performance Parts
    814-849-3450

JOSEY FUCKING WALES! Frankthetank's Avatar

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

ANyone have any experience with yet???

Does it affect straight line traction at all? Like are u gonna lose some?

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Hard to tell from the pic, but does it hang lower then the rear? Does is fit fine with a 9"?

White
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Frankthetank View Post
    ANyone have any experience with yet???

Does it affect straight line traction at all? Like are u gonna lose some?
    No reason why it should hurt traction at all. It's not stiffening the springs, or in anyway hurting weight transfer

White
    2001 Z28

It hangs about the same height as the bottom of the diff, but not lower (unless the car is running a slammed ride height).

White
    2001 Z28

Just spoke to Fay2 regarding an update. Things are progressing and the estimated time to ship is now around 2 weeks. No actually date at this time. Parts are being cuts, jigs are made. When I get a more specific time and we get to around 1 week before I will begin to process the pre-orders. It takes time for the money to get transferred and Fays2 will want paid, so in order to get them out ASAP we will process orders when the build begins.

And here's the better news: Black is a go and will happen!

White
    2001 Z28

Newest update....
    All the tubing is cut and ready to be welded and all the other parts are ready to be put together. We're just waiting for all the parts to be assembled and powdercoated. The schedule is a little behind, but I'm told we're looking like next week for shipment.

White
    2001 Z28

Starting to ship out today.

Of note: There is an aluminum spacer that wasn't completed on time. Fays2 is sending those out at their cost by 2-day air when they arrive (due next Tuesday). Because the Watts Links are shipping ground freight the spacers and Watts Links should arrive at just about the same time.

White
    2002 Z28

so what does this part do ?

Thread Information