Navy Metallic Blue
    2000 Camaro Z-28

UMI TUBULAR OR SQUARE SFC's HELP !

Im lookin into buying subframe connectors but i dont know what id get the most out of. i heard tubular is stronger than square tubing but i just cant make my mind up ,i know they will be weld ins. but are 3 points better or should i run the regular kind help. TUBULAR OR SQUARE TUBING POST YOUR OPINIONS.

pie
    free

I went with the 2 pt tubular myself.. just didn't see a reason to get the 3 pts since I never plan on running a tunnel mount torque arm. I also got bolt in so I could just bolt them in myself. I'll eventually get them welded in.

Awaiting Activation
    2 pt. boxed are stronger than 2 pt. tubular - that is a fact. The disadvantage of the boxed is that they hang a little bit lower. The 3pt are stronger than both, but are not really necessary, and are added wieght IMO. I have the umi boxed 2pt weld-ins and love them. Just my .02

pie
    free

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    2 pt. boxed are stronger than 2 pt. tubular - that is a fact. The disadvantage of the boxed is that they hang a little bit lower. The 3pt are stronger than both, but are not really necessary, and are added wieght IMO. I have the umi boxed 2pt weld-ins and love them. Just my .02
    From talking to UMI they pretty much said the different between tubular/boxed really isn't that big of an issue. The nice thing about boxed is another place to jack at.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by DanWS6 View Post
    From talking to UMI they pretty much said the different between tubular/boxed really isn't that big of an issue. The nice thing about boxed is another place to jack at.
    yea they told me that there isn't much difference too. X2 on jacking off the boxed SFC - i do it all the time!

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    yea they told me that there isn't much difference too. X2 on jacking off the boxed SFC - i do it all the time!

Yo Tambien!!

I love my boxed SFC. I never have to search for a jacking point, just reach under, make sure its on the SFC and pump away.

Navy Metallic Blue
    2000 Camaro Z-28

thanks ill order the boxed umi sfc. now all i have to decide on is a torque arm and control arms umi of course but i dont think ill get the adjustable lower control arms but i am getting the adjustable torque arm. what do u think ?

pie
    free

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KblueZ-28 View Post
    thanks ill order the boxed umi sfc. now all i have to decide on is a torque arm and control arms umi of course but i dont think ill get the adjustable lower control arms but i am getting the adjustable torque arm. what do u think ?
    I plan on getting adjustable everything. I hate buying parts and needing to upgrade later on. Once I lower the car I probably will want adjustable everything.

Navy Metallic Blue
    2000 Camaro Z-28

my car should hook up once i get all my suspension components right .....its spins incredibly stupid with a good set of tires and the miserable stock 2.73 gears for about 10 foot. im hoping to get it launching pretty good i have 3.73s i plan on puttin in do yall think it should hook with drag radials?

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KblueZ-28 View Post
    my car should hook up once i get all my suspension components right .....its spins incredibly stupid with a good set of tires and the miserable stock 2.73 gears for about 10 foot. im hoping to get it launching pretty good i have 3.73s i plan on puttin in do yall think it should hook with drag radials?

well yea, lol

but prolly going to break the 10 bolt really quick

Thread Information