Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

UMI= 100% USA Manufactured Suspension Products

This is a discussion on UMI= 100% USA Manufactured Suspension Products within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Thanks for the support Guys we really appreciate it! Take it Easy Brad...

Thanks for the support Guys we really appreciate it!
    Take it Easy
    Brad

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Brad or Ryan,

Are either of you familiar with the BMR Trak Pak? I currently have it installed and now that my car is lowered, I have problems with the cross-member hitting on speed bumps. Do you sell just a cross-member that the BMR Trak Pak would mount to that I could replace my current cross-member with? Or am I looking at purchasing an entire new set-up?

If I do decide to replace the BMR unit with a UMI adj. torque arm, will your piece offer more clearance for me? I have a Moser 9" rear end also.

Here is a link to another thread showing pictures for reference of what my problem is. Before & After - Drop it Low...

Thanks guys

Jon

Hello Jon,

Yes I am familiar with the Trak Pak however I don't know if any of our front crossmembers would line up to it or not. Even if one did we would need to make sure you had the exhaust clearance to run one of our low clearance crossmembers. Like this- http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=210

If you deicided to go with a new torque arm the transmission mounted style would be your best bet for clearance- www.umiperformance.com/2205

If you are worried about it bolting to the transmission tail shaft then a torque arm relocation kit would be recommended as well.

This set up is a little bit expensive but the clearance and performance on the street, track and even autocross is very well.

Let me know of any questions and I am glad to help

Ryan

Red
    98 Trans Am

I have UMI stuff and its held up for 4 years. Great stuff. When i have some extra money i want to get the RR K-member. But for now, ill get the AR bars and Front UandL A-arms

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    I have UMI stuff and its held up for 4 years. Great stuff. When i have some extra money i want to get the RR K-member. But for now, ill get the AR bars and Front UandL A-arms
    Hello
    Great to hear and thanks for choosing UMI Performance! When you are ready to make the order. Or if you have any questions about anything feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
    Thanks
    Brad

Black
    1998 Trans am WS6

I just got my sfc's last week, and after getting them installed my car rides 100% better. I can't believe how big of a difference they made. I wish I had put them on my car sooner. Thanks for a great product!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan98WS6 View Post
    I just got my sfc's last week, and after getting them installed my car rides 100% better. I can't believe how big of a difference they made. I wish I had put them on my car sooner. Thanks for a great product!

You're welcome

BLACK & red stripes
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan98WS6 View Post
    I must agree on this to 100%, i have the bolt ons from UMI- excellent upgrade.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Thanks for the info Ryan. I definitely do not want the torque arm mounted to the tailshaft so I'd be looking at a tunnel mount with the relocation kit. Do you have any experience with installing one of these pieces on a lowered car (Strano, 1.2" drop) with Long Tube Headers? If so, I'd like to see possible pics of ground clearance or know what the ground clearance is. I don't want to buy a whole new set-up if it's not going to offer me any more clearance than I have. I might be able to post up in the suspension section as a member here might be able to provide this info as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Thanks for the info Ryan. I definitely do not want the torque arm mounted to the tailshaft so I'd be looking at a tunnel mount with the relocation kit. Do you have any experience with installing one of these pieces on a lowered car (Strano, 1.2" drop) with Long Tube Headers? If so, I'd like to see possible pics of ground clearance or know what the ground clearance is. I don't want to buy a whole new set-up if it's not going to offer me any more clearance than I have. I might be able to post up in the suspension section as a member here might be able to provide this info as well.
    Hi Jon,

Which set up are you referring to exactly? This tunnel mounted torque arm or this items together- Full length torque arm and relocation kit?

Also what long tube headers and y-pipe are you using? Catted or uncatted?

Supply me this information and I am glad to help. Thanks!

Ryan

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by UMI Performance View Post
    Hi Jon,

Which set up are you referring to exactly? This tunnel mounted torque arm or this items together- Full length torque arm and relocation kit?

Also what long tube headers and y-pipe are you using? Catted or uncatted?

Supply me this information and I am glad to help. Thanks!

Ryan
    I am running Kook's LTs with Kooks ORY. I also have a Moser 9" and PST drive shaft. Which TA would you recommend for me?

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Very cool!

My entire Suspension and chassis componets are all UMI

Great quality products
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

I am running Kook's LTs with Kooks ORY. I also have a Moser 9" and PST drive shaft. Which TA would you recommend for me?
    Since you have a Kook's set up our other tunnel mounted torque arm with better ground clearance will work for you. Part # 2201 seen here- www.umiperformance.com/2201

How do you drive the car and what is it used for mostly? Any track time? Auto cross or handling?

Let me know and I am glad to help. Thanks!
    Ryan

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Since you have a Kook's set up our other tunnel mounted torque arm with better ground clearance will work for you. Part # 2201 seen here- www.umiperformance.com/2201

How do you drive the car and what is it used for mostly? Any track time? Auto cross or handling?

Let me know and I am glad to help. Thanks!
    Ryan
    Ryan - I drive the car pretty spiritedly but most of my driving is on the street. I will be going to the track with the car, but for the most part I'd say it's a 95/5 ratio. I don't really do any autocross.

With the current BMR Trak Pak, the crossmember the TA is mounted to hits on speed bumps and going over very rough railroad tracks. I have about 4" of clearance with the exhaust so it's just the cross-member giving me problems.
    It's on jackstands.

Ryan - I drive the car pretty spiritedly but most of my driving is on the street. I will be going to the track with the car, but for the most part I'd say it's a 95/5 ratio. I don't really do any autocross.

With the current BMR Trak Pak, the crossmember the TA is mounted to hits on speed bumps and going over very rough railroad tracks. I have about 4" of clearance with the exhaust so it's just the cross-member giving me problems.
    Thanks for the information Jon. With the Trak Pak do you have any noise issues or clearance issues with the PST drive shaft? Does it have a loop installed?

Usually on a street driven car we recommend the full length arm and relocation kit. It offers a quieter ride and a little better for handling.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Thanks for the information Jon. With the Trak Pak do you have any noise issues or clearance issues with the PST drive shaft? Does it have a loop installed?

Usually on a street driven car we recommend the full length arm and relocation kit. It offers a quieter ride and a little better for handling.
    Can you give me a "brief" explanation as to what each TA offers benefit wise (full length vs. what I currently have)?

On the original install, I did have some noise and clunks during certain cornering and going over heavy bumps. However, since then I created clearance The mounting bolts on the TA come "extremely close" to the PST driveshaft, but they do clear. I'd guess maybe 1/8" clearance.

As far as the DS loop, I don't currently have one, but I do want one. I was having a difficult time finding one that would work with my current set-up. The only one I saw was possibly a lakewood unit.

If I go to your TA recommended set-up, do you have a DS loop in mind that will work? I don't want to do any modifications for fit-up if at all possible. I'd like to just pull the DS and mount her up

Thanks for all of your help!

Arctic White
    2001 WS.6

I have a bunch of UMI pieces on my car. Everything was super easy to install and was of top-notch quality. The finish on their products is also great. UMI products are definitely money well spent.

Jon,

The longer torque arms are better for handling and street driving while the shorter arm like you have is better for drag racing. The shorter arms allow faster weight transfer and can induce brake hop. The longer torque arm also works well at the track and reduces brake hop. Both are street friendly, the shorter style may make a little more noise.

Our tunnel mounted set up with built in loop should work for you if you wanted the loop. I run it with a 3.5" Strange drive shaft so a PST should be okay. The PST will rub when the suspension is unloaded and hanging but will be good and centered when it is loaded.

Hope that helps!

Ryan

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Awesome! Great feedback and thanks again. I'm going to try to see what I can do as far as getting a buyer for my current set-up and go from there.

pewter
    2000 camaro Z28

so i am new here and to f bodys went on to umi site and prices are very pocket book friendly from what i can see but what are the first things that one should do i have wife and kids so money is tight do to there spending i just get left overs sucks but thats life any help would be great also i dont wana modify it to much such as welding cutting so on bolt on is best for me thanks guys you all are great help

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information