Artic White
    2002 ws6

Torque Arm... Am I out of my mind???

Alright guys. I'm going to throw a lot out at ya so here goes. My plans are to run a true dual with x-pipe system all the way out the back of the car. I want to have the x-pipe occur directly above the tunnel brace on a tunnel braced torque arm WITH driveshaft loop. What are my chances of getting this done without the torque arm, exhaust, or both banging the bottom of my car to the point I wish I had never done this? Have any of you ever seen someone try to do this or do you think it'd work?

And if you don't think it'd work, do you really see enough advantage of running an aftermarket tunnel braced torque arm?

Thanks again all!!!

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

forget the DSL... if anything, get a carbon fiber DS, rendering the need of a DSL useless.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS View Post
    forget the DSL... if anything, get a carbon fiber DS, rendering the need of a DSL useless.
    Ujoints can fail and most tracks require you have one. If it won't be drag raced I'd just get a transmission mounted torque arm as the tunnel mounted ones are noisy.

BLACK
    2001 T/A VERT.

YEAH, from what I remember your car's not realy a track car , and even though it's
    not your DD when you do drive it you realy don't won't all the road noise of the
    tunnel mount! A full length torque arm would fit better and like INMY01TA said
    they make a trans crossmember mount if you dont want it on the trans

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

it wont fit. i had to take the tunnel brace off my car just to get a y-pipe to fit.

ONYX BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by architect7 View Post
    Alright guys. I'm going to throw a lot out at ya so here goes. My plans are to run a true dual with x-pipe system all the way out the back of the car. I want to have the x-pipe occur directly above the tunnel brace on a tunnel braced torque arm WITH driveshaft loop. What are my chances of getting this done without the torque arm, exhaust, or both banging the bottom of my car to the point I wish I had never done this? Have any of you ever seen someone try to do this or do you think it'd work?

And if you don't think it'd work, do you really see enough advantage of running an aftermarket tunnel braced torque arm?

Thanks again all!!!
    Well that makes 2 of us

I am working on the same thing, same way.

I have the car on blocks now. UMI crossmember mounted Torque arm with DSL. I am running SLP Long Tubes with the 3" Y pipe now.

I also got the UMI Upper PanHard bar relocation bar.

I have everthing fastened, but not tightened yet. Making adjustments.

Looks like it may work.

OR NOT...............
    Last edited by A 2000 SS in Jersey; 02-16-2009 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Cross member not tunnel mount

pewter
    2002 Tans am WS6 M6

just space the the tunnel brace thats what I did. As far as weight it doesn't really weigh that much and the extra strength it gives I think is important.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Richy_Rich67 View Post
    just space the the tunnel brace thats what I did. As far as weight it doesn't really weigh that much and the extra strength it gives I think is important.
    the guys at texas speed told me it doesn't do any thing. and it will be just fine with out it on the car.

Black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

Is the car lowered any? If it is, and it's anything like the Spohn brace mounted torque arm you are going to have to start making a list of places you can't go anymore. The noises and the thuds that it makes when you drive it will probably drive you insane. Also if it's lowered you are going to play hell getting the pinion angle set right without it hitting things. I know I've been there, actually still there. I have the SLP LM exhaust so I can't tell you anything about that part of the question.
    Last edited by AborTivE; 02-19-2009 at 05:32 AM.

Thread Information