Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Question Swaybars as my first suspension mod

Hey everybody, I know that if you do some upgrades alone without others to compliment it, then it can hurt your suspension rather than help it.

I'm planning on throwing on a couple sway bars 35mm front and 25 rear. My question is: If I do these on my otherwise stock suspension, would it be good?

Thanks a lot guys!

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

First suspension mod should be shocks - I have Custom Revalved HD Billsteins from Strano.

If you are going with sway bars - don't go any bigger than 21mm for the rear bar. I thought that 'bigger was better, and went with a 25mm rear - car was very loose in the rear. After talking with Sam @ Strano he stated not to go with anything bigger than 21mm.

Give him a call - very knowledgeable about anything suspension related. He actually sells the sway bars that were custom made for Strano that are hollow - save yourself some weight

-Jay-

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Sub frame connectors first.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Damn, I'm confused again I may end up just buying a package and then putting it all on at one time. This is going to sound retarded but I'm trying to put ZL-1 parts on my camaro hoping to have a lot of its characteristics, know what I mean?

Why would the 25mm in the rear make it more loose? I want the whole car tight as hell.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

If you're talking chassis modes - then I WOULD go with the SFC's first - they will really stiffen up the car, then STB, then LCA's, Panhard Bar, Torque Arm with poly bushings.

If you're talking suspension - then go with shocks first, and if you're doing springs - do them after the shocks.

As far as the reason why the car is loose with 25mm bar - I'm not the suspension expert - Sam Strano IS. I installed the 25mm rear bar before going to him at all - when I complained about how the car handled loose in the twisties he asked what size rear bar I put in - when I told him the 25, he stated that was the problem - too big on the rears of our cars. Once I switched to 21mm, everything was great

So if you want a technical answere I would tell you again to talk with Sam. He wasn't the SCCA Champion in his LS1 Camaro a couple years for nothing.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

cool.

The set up I want for my camaro is mainly for something like autocross. I want it hooking great when I stomp the gas too. Maybe the zl1 is mostly a drag car. I may endup getting all the parts I need for my total suspension upgrade then I'll put them on. I'll keep in mind sam at strano. Thanks

Thread Information