artic white/black stripes
    97 TA

suspension set up

Hey guys so im already decided on my new shocks and springs i will be going with koni/strano(put on new kyb shocks last year and they were a complete waste of money so doing things right this time) but doing some reading it would appear that just getting those items and driving about my way is not a good decision so basically what i want to know is...

what accessories do i need with the shocks and springs to be able to drive away in good spirits/with no worries? She will not be seeing the track anytime soon if ever and will basically be my dd once im done with the suspension set up. Any help is much appreciated

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

This is the setup I am going with.

Set Koni 4/3 Sport shocks S/A

Set Strano Performanace SP141 Lowering Springs

Set Strano Performance 35/22mm Hollow Sway Bars

On Car Adjustable Panhard- w/ Roto-Joint

Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets

All together it will run about $1550.00

And in the near future a set of sub frame connectors.

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

A good set of tires would definitely complement your setup.
    Lt's,SFC,3,600 Fuddle stall,Spohn Adj. tunnel mount torque arm, BMR LCA,Ls6 intake,Air lid,Under drive pulley,S60 rear,Frost tune and a few more things I cant remember.

red
    2001 pontiac WS6

Im gonna be running the same set up as that guy in 2 weeks. Gonna have nelson performance install it over off east Houston street. Koni adj,stranos springs and hollow sway bars,umi adj lca,relocation brackets,umi adj panhard bar,umi sfc,umi stb,umi adj torque arm. And there putting my headers and new throttle body,plugs wires and a tune,should be a whole new beast after that!!!!

97 TA

thanks for the input for now i was thinking of just doing shocks/springs (in dire need of them) and the adj panhard bar im guessing the on car roto will be just fine and then in the near future grab some lca relocation brackets and sfc

Quote Originally Posted by bpopham22 View Post
    Im gonna be running the same set up as that guy in 2 weeks. Gonna have nelson performance install it over off east Houston street. Koni adj,stranos springs and hollow sway bars,umi adj lca,relocation brackets,umi adj panhard bar,umi sfc,umi stb,umi adj torque arm. And there putting my headers and new throttle body,plugs wires and a tune,should be a whole new beast after that!!!!

I was thinking of going by nelson but had a guy at a shop near me say he could install everything for around $500. Maybe ill check with nelson to see the going rate and rest a little easier knowing everything will get done properly. She should be that is pretty much my next step after im done sinking money on the suspension

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Lowering your car will also throw off your pinion angle. An adjustable torque arm will fix that, but if you're not serious about racing or don't get on it a lot on the street than you're probably going to be OK.

No one mentioned it, but you'll need an alignment after lowering.

97 TA

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Lowering your car will also throw off your pinion angle. An adjustable torque arm will fix that, but if you're not serious about racing or don't get on it a lot on the street than you're probably going to be OK.

No one mentioned it, but you'll need an alignment after lowering.
    ya i heard that would happen but i was told that i should be ok with the adj phb for now and i dont do any serious racing but once i finish building the suspension i will probably be getting on her more so than now especially down the road when i start the engine work so ill work that in eventually.

Ya the guy who said he could do the install said i would be in need of an alignment which i will get done at brake check since it will be free.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix05 View Post
    ya i heard that would happen but i was told that i should be ok with the adj phb for now and i dont do any serious racing but once i finish building the suspension i will probably be getting on her more so than now especially down the road when i start the engine work so ill work that in eventually.

Ya the guy who said he could do the install said i would be in need of an alignment which i will get done at brake check since it will be free.
    You can probably even get away without the PHB, but for as cheap as it is, it definitely a good idea to get one that's adjustable to center up your rear end again.

Even at stock height, the rear end in our cars favors the driver's side a little bit. When you lower it, it will most likely favor that side even more.

Thread Information