Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

suspension parts

This is a discussion on suspension parts within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by pajeff02 The Moser 12 bolt on our car has welded relocation brackets with three hole choices. Top ...

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    The Moser 12 bolt on our car has welded relocation brackets with three hole choices. Top is stock and the bottom two are for more bite at the track.

Click for full size

Not sure exactly what the grease is -- it comes with the poly bushings and is super sticky clear lubricant. Absent that, chassis grease would work just fine.
    OH MY GOD !!! Nice pics...you show off you J/K I would too....I just fell in love with that Moser 12 ! I want one SOOOOO..Bad.. That shit looks awesome!

Black
    99 Trans Am

Looks darn nice under there, pajeff02. I was told by Founders to use non-petroleum based grease on poly bushings.

silver
    2000 camaro ss. 2002 pont

Good info guys, how about the umi k members. I've heard from other people that if you live in a area with crappy roads ie a lot of bumps and pot holes the after market k members can increase the ride harshness more than the stalk one. Idk if this is true or not?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Thanks! If I had to do it all over again, I would probably order a Strange 12 bolt. The Moser is nicely built, but it is a noisy SOB and, with the tunnel mount torque arm, all that noise comes right into the cabin. The noise is primarily in the 1,800 to 2,000 rpm range and lets you know that things out back aren't stock.

No idea on grease recommendations. My UMI LCA's are greasable and as far as I can recall there were no instructions as to a specific grease to use. As far as the K-member goes, you can re-use your stock control arms or upgrade to their tubular ones. I am still running the stock DeCarbons and springs and haven't noticed any difference in ride quality. The K-member should have no impact at all on ride quality -- both the stock and UMI units are bolted directly to the front "frame rails".

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

^ so when your talking 'tunnel'' mount torque arm is that a different set up then the stock location for the torque arm that mounts to the tranny?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Exactly. The mounting point is moved back to the location of the undercar brace. Any setup that gets it off the back of the transmission is an improvement. The tunnel mount is more of a drag race piece, while full length torque arms are best for the street and road courses.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    ^ so when your talking 'tunnel'' mount torque arm is that a different set up then the stock location for the torque arm that mounts to the tranny?
    Here is the torque arm page:

Torque Arms : UMI Performance, Inc.

As for grease, both for Delrin and poly, we recommend a synthetic premium grease like Synco Super Lube (which we sell - since it has Teflon and Teflon, Delrin and Poly like each other), Mobil 1, Amsoil, Redline, etc.

I spoke with both Energy Suspension and Prothane and they said the Formula 5 Prelube stuff is basically Teflon and Thickener - heavy synthetic grease.

ramey
    Ramey Womer
    Product Development Engineer
    ramey@umiperformance.com
    Join us on Facebook!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    Exactly. The mounting point is moved back to the location of the undercar brace. Any setup that gets it off the back of the transmission is an improvement. The tunnel mount is more of a drag race piece, while full length torque arms are best for the street and road courses.
    Here's an example of what Jeff is talking about. In the first pic you can see the TA is relocated off the tranny tail cone and is move to a new bracket that is part of the TA relocate kit for M6 that replaces the stock tranny crossmember.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by UMI Sales View Post
    Here is the torque arm page:

Torque Arms : UMI Performance, Inc.

As for grease, both for Delrin and poly, we recommend a synthetic premium grease like Synco Super Lube (which we sell - since it has Teflon and Teflon, Delrin and Poly like each other), Mobil 1, Amsoil, Redline, etc.

I spoke with both Energy Suspension and Prothane and they said the Formula 5 Prelube stuff is basically Teflon and Thickener - heavy synthetic grease.

ramey
    Thanks Ramey...yeah when i put in my LCA TA PRB Shocks MM TM-they all were poly and all were lubed as per instructions with supplied grease at the time i couldnt find the ''teflon'' grease they recommend, Luckily i have no problems with noises but i do want to use the appropriate grease...so thanks for the info!

silver
    2000 camaro ss. 2002 pont

Dam do you drive this car. The underneath looks so clean,lol how many miles does it have on it?D
    I have all UMI tubular suspension components on our car and it is running at stock ride height. The difference in firmness and feel is very noticeable. The stock suspension pieces are all stamped steel and are very prone to flex. No issues that I am aware of with the tubular K-member. It is over 20 lbs. lighter than the stock piece and quite heavily built. Here are some pics from the install earlier this year:

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I'd skip the K member if your not racing. I have Spohn poly lcas with no issues. Pajeff my Strange 12 bolt is loud as hell too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information