Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1999 T/A

suspension packages. what to get

Im planing on getting a suspencion upgrade om my 1999 m6 T/A. what would you recomend. is the edelbrock hanfling package from summit good? it costs around 1300

hers the link to the edelbrok

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

2000 Camaro

Personally I wouldn't. I would suggest Strange Engineering or Afco D/A coilovers, BMR or UMI torque arm and LCA's. Is it for street or strip use? 1/4 mile or road course?

1999 T/A

what is wrong with the edelbrok

Next Race= WSIR 2/26-27 SIK02SS's Avatar
    Too many

its not widely used and it doesnt mention a thing about spring rates which is very important.

what are your goals with the car? just DD, autox, twistys, 1/4???

1999 T/A

its a daily driver but I want it to perform very well. are koni's good?

Too many

perform well in what aspect though? around corners or a straight line? b/c theres a huge difference in setups for the 2. koni s/a's are excellent for a car that takes corners and 'ok' for a drag car..great for DD'n though...where as QA1s are great for a drag car, not bad for DDn, and shitty for taking high speed corners. the LCAs are completely different for the 2 setups too

1999 T/A

well I want good handling on corners so what about Bilstein shocks and eibach prokit performance springs. is that going to be decent?

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

1999 T/A

well there are alot of parts. can you specify

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Quote Originally Posted by via sin dios View Post
    well there are alot of parts. can you specify
    Look at the packages
    HP3 is one of the best setups for the money.
    I am personally getting the Koni 4/4's Sam's Springs and his Swaybar set cause I already have a UMI Adj PHB.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

2000 Camaro

Get some subframe connectors, coilovers, and some LCA's to start. See how it feels.

1999 T/A

first thing I bought was sub frame connectors. well i think im going with the bilstein and eiback prokit..... is that decent around corners

Too many

Quote Originally Posted by Hamrhead View Post
    Get some subframe connectors, coilovers, and some LCA's to start. See how it feels.

completely unnecessary

Too many

Quote Originally Posted by via sin dios View Post
    first thing I bought was sub frame connectors. well i think im going with the bilstein and eiback prokit..... is that decent around corners

theyre ok. after a little time, the pro-kit tends to sag in the rear (rear will be lower then the front). the spring rates on the pro-kit are ok as well. the problem with puting bilsteins with the pro kit, is the bilsteins need to be re-valved to match the springrate/lowered height. bilsteins aren't made for lowered cars, they are meant as a stock shock replacement. while many do it bc its cheap, thats a bad reason. this is your suspension, why cut corners on part of your car that is always working? your car will ride more harsh with this setup (others will argue, but its true). if you want a comfortable DD, fun in the turns, you really want Koni S/A's and Strano springs. the rates are optimal, and none have complained and with the konis adjustability you can change the feel a tad. you could run the Koni's with the pro-kit and it would be a lot better. or get revalved bilsteins from Sam strano for the pro-kit (but they are back ordered until March). i hope this helps
    --http://www.ronsonracing.com/--
    -SCCA Touring 1-
    -2002 Corvette Z06-
    -Cal Club #94-
    Thanks to my Sponsors: Cunningham Motorsports, LG Motorsports, Hoosier Tires, and Carbotech Brakes!

Too many

LCAs will make your ride more harsh like. not recommended for a DD. and SFCs are unnecessary extra unsprung weight on the car. if you have the correct shock settings/ and spring rates, you do not need SFCs. and in a car thats not IRS, a little flex isnt necesarily bad (by little, i mean so minute you cant tell by eye, nor feel)

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by SIK02SS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamrhead View Post
    completely unnecessary
    I'd have to agree.

subframes will do nothing to handling... but will stiffen the chassis, which is a long term inverstment for chassis integrity.
    Coilovers are usually bought to get the spring rates you want exactly, and gives you the added bonus of setting up the height... spring rate is what important from a spring.
    LCAs stock ones are great... there are way better things to invest $ before changing LCAs... especially for handling.

in a nutshell:
    1st... what kind of use and spring-rate (stiffness) you looking for... please do not misinterprete stiffness and harshness (harshness = mismatch of springs/shocks combo)
    2nd... get shocks that will work well with given spring rate decided on #1
    3rd... get swaybar combo based on 1-2 so that car is balanced.

With that setup... you'r rock-n-rolling... then there are other parts you can start considering, if you would want more.
    Last edited by Eugenio_SS; 11-10-2007 at 08:09 PM. Reason: typo
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

1999 T/A

well, I went with konis and spohn coil overs. just finished the work today. it took a while but its all good now. Feels like a race car around corners now .

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

Midnight Blue
    1998 Trans Am

I want my TA to handle decently on corners and still be able to drag race light to light. What would be good? Does anyone know how the Tuned Bilstein set BTS7501 is?

Purple
    1998 T/A convertable

Is the Strano set up an all around kit? I'm nore interested in an auto-x type setup than drags. On other cars we usually started with a tire and designed around it, but I'm probably not getting skins until I get the motor & springs. My springs blow and with a rag-top, I really need the sub-stiffeners, but the extra brace for the convert gets in the way with most good ones. I'll probably make them myself, I'd like three poin ones....

Nice '67, I sold a ragtop '67 RS years ago and am still kicking myself for it But I needed $ for school and now I have a better job and can buy any of them, but I only sold it for $5k, that won't even buy a solid body now

Quote Originally Posted by SIK02SS View Post
    theyre ok. after a little time, the pro-kit tends to sag in the rear (rear will be lower then the front). the spring rates on the pro-kit are ok as well. the problem with puting bilsteins with the pro kit, is the bilsteins need to be re-valved to match the springrate/lowered height. bilsteins aren't made for lowered cars, they are meant as a stock shock replacement. while many do it bc its cheap, thats a bad reason. this is your suspension, why cut corners on part of your car that is always working? your car will ride more harsh with this setup (others will argue, but its true). if you want a comfortable DD, fun in the turns, you really want Koni S/A's and Strano springs. the rates are optimal, and none have complained and with the konis adjustability you can change the feel a tad. you could run the Koni's with the pro-kit and it would be a lot better. or get revalved bilsteins from Sam strano for the pro-kit (but they are back ordered until March). i hope this helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information