Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Suspension Help---willing To Spend $$$ Then Give Feedback

This is a discussion on Suspension Help---willing To Spend $$$ Then Give Feedback within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS you get what you pay for... KYB suck for handling/car control... pretty much a purely drag ...

White with silver stripes
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS View Post
    you get what you pay for... KYB suck for handling/car control... pretty much a purely drag setup shock... with no damping control.
    Anyways, the difference between the SA and DA is Single-Adjustable vs Double-Adjustable.
    The single adjustable has 1 setting that control both rebound/compression
    the double adjustable allows you to set them independently.
    DA's are WAY more $, and not really worth the extra $ unless you REALLY serious about racing. I have them and love them... but if i had to redo it all over, i'd get SA with stock springs.

i'd have to agree with you about kyb's i have them on my t/a. of course i picked up way better hadling than the stock blown-out shocks, but its not what i expected on the curvy stuff. straight line performance on the other hand was a night and day difference. i set the rears on the hardest setting (8) and the fronts on one of the softer settings (3-4)...big difference in my launches, they were worth the $300 or so i payed for them

Ratdaddy07
    O.k. so I have KYB adjustable in front but must have thrown the instructions what is the best setting for drag, what will let the front come up easiest?

Ratdaddy07
    I guess my question is answered before I asked: put the front on the softest (lowest) setting right? But why hard on the back? seems like backwards? Maybe I'm over-thinking but seems you would want the front stiff and the back soft so the car will want to sit back.

White with silver stripes
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hensgens View Post
    I guess my question is answered before I asked: put the front on the softest (lowest) setting right? But why hard on the back? seems like backwards? Maybe I'm over-thinking but seems you would want the front stiff and the back soft so the car will want to sit back.
    if the shock is set soft on the rear when you launch the rear end will squat and in my case it bottomed out and resulted in an immediate loss of traction. when i set the shock on a stiffer setting [7 out of 8] the car didnt squat much at all and put more force on the rear and planted the tires, they still spun some granted they are cheap street tires, but i did gain alot more traction.

Ratdaddy07
    O.K. I can see that, I think it all really depends on getting the weight to transfer and getting the pinion angle to be right when it hooks.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

SFC's and strut tower bar has arrived. Wires and plugs still sitting around. Either all around KONI SA's or just the fronts, I'm still wondering. After reading around I think shocks is the absolute #1 thing to do, no matter anything else you do (other than SFC's), and shocks sometimes make or break a car, so unless anyone has another opinion, 4 Koni's ordering this week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information